“Great museum, lots to see” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 33 things to do in Leadville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
17 attraction reviews
“Great museum, lots to see”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This museum is pretty cool. We got there maybe an hour before it was closing (we didn't know it at the time) and I only saw about 25% of it so this is a great choice to fill up the day if you are visiting and it's raining (which is how we ended up here). It will be a great experience for history buffs and people who are interested in the state of Colorado or are rock hounds. My family likes all of these things, so it was easy for us to like the museum. My kids really enjoyed seeing the mining equipment and touring the mine shaft. I was much slower going through the exhibits and so I didn't see as much as them but I loved reading about the history of mining, both around the world and specifically in the Leadville area. The girl who sold us our tickets did not tell us the museum was closing soon and so I didn't get to see everything I wanted but I will visit here again to get the full experience. I was very impressed with the customer service of the lady that was closing the museum- she felt so bad that we didn't know it was closing that she went out of her way for us- offered to write our names down so we would get free admission the next day and a whole slew of other alternatives, but we were leaving town the next day. I love the town of Leadville and can't wait to visit again!

Visited May 2014

Golden, Colorado
67 attraction reviews
“Interesting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

It was pretty cool to see the different minerals and where they can be found in the US and abroad. And how minerals are found in pretty much ALL aspects of our daily lives. Hubby was entertained for a few hours.

Visited September 2013
31 attraction reviews
“Struck gold!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was reluctant to believe the museum would be interesting, but it definitely was. The fake mine and how mines affect everyones lives were cool and would fascinate kids even. I enjoyed the model of the ice palace that was once in Leadville.

Visited April 2014
Twin Lakes, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
“Well worth the time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a "well worth the time" museum. Great for everyone. Easily navigated with something for every age group. Quite the gem for Leadville.

Visited September 2013
Morgantown PA
30 attraction reviews
“Very interesting for most ages.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Our entire family, ages 4-60 enjoyed this museum and will likely go back in the future. Walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants.

Visited December 2013