“Local not been happy.” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Leadville, Colorado
“Local not been happy.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I eat here pretty regularly and it's usually alright. Expensive for what you get anywhere else. I ordered a pizza that I paid for extra toppings and it didn't have them. I ordered a large salad that had no dressing. I also ordered a medium pizza. Both burnt. Lame. I paid $80 for this food and it was not what I ordered. Not even good. Normally alright but this time it sucked. I called and told them what happened and was pretty much blown off. Lame. I won't be eating there anytime soon.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Canon City, Colorado
“Nice pie in the sky.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have been a couple of times in the last two years. It never fails to impress. It is a nice little pizza shop right off the main road. The food is great and the prices are fair. It is a bit small and I the summer can be packed at lunch.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Great BBQ pork sub and five star service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My hubby and I arrived late into Leadville and we were lucky enough to get to High Mountain Pies half an hour before closing. They are open until 10pm which is fortunate for us, because most places in Leadville close at 9pm weekdays.

We opted for the High Mountain BBQ sub because we just had pizza the night before. The pork shoulder was tender, BBQ sauce was sweet, and the bread was toasted perfectly. It definitely was better than we expected for a pizza joint! Their side Greek salad was also yummy with artichokes and organic greens. To top it off, the staff was friendly and knowledgable about the area.

This small restaurant is off the main road but not far and worth the try if you're in the mood for a sub, calzone, or pizza!

Visited December 2012
Nederland, Colorado
“Excellent pizza at 10,000 ft.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The "pies" are pizzas, not apple pies, at this tiny shop just off the main drag in Leadville. And the gourmet pizzas are absolutely excellent, with Italian-style crusts and loaded with quality toppings. But the shop is mainly take-out, for there are few places to sit (a table for 4, a table for 2, and 4 stools, plus an outdoors picnic table during the short summer season). Staff is friendly and prices reasonable. They will prepare two different recipes on the same pizza (half-and-half). Salads were fresh and excellent, as though ingredients were straight from a greenhouse. No beer. But highly creative designs on the bathroom walls. (Our less-than-5-star summary is simply because this place is too tiny for a truly comfortable dining experience.)

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Awesome Pies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is unique, the service is great, and the pies are amazing! Only the second pie I have liked in all of Colorado.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere