“This money hungry hotel has NO customer loyalty, and a confirmation number means nothing to them” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bent's Fort Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Las Animas
Bent's Fort Inn
You added Bent's Fort Inn to your Saves list
10950 E. US Hwy 50, Las Animas, CO 81054   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Las Animas
Silver Spring, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

This hotel sent me a confirmation, and then sold my room to someone else before I arrived, and failed to notify me!
Imagine arriving from the east coast at 2AM, with your family in tow, only to learn that the hotel is not going to honor the confirmation they sent to you. To add insult to injury, the receptionist offered to cancel the other nights that I was confirmed for as well. Such was my experience for the memorial day weekend at this hotel.

The town where this hotel is, is so small that it only has two hotels, both of which were booked solid for the holiday (memorial day) weekend. Thus, we had to drive 20 miles to another city to find a hotel with availability.

When I phoned this hotel the next day, the manager would not even come to the phone and opted to send messages via the receptionist. They admitted that they had made a mistake, and offered me a discount for the remaining nights of stay that amounted to a whooping $5.00 per night to compensate me for the inconvenience! Woooowwwwww.

But wait, there's more - I originally had reservations booked at another hotel. This hotel's receptionist called me via telephone, told me that they had rooms available for the nights I wanted, took my credit card information, sent me a confirmation number, thus causing me to cancel my reservations at the other, Legitimate hotel. Then, they sold my room to the highest bidder.

Needless to say, I cannot tell you how the rooms are.......but I can tell you that if you think you have a room reserved at this place, you might want to make a reservation somewhere else, as insurance.

Room Tip: I recommend the Midtown Motel, in La Junta
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Previous reviewers must have expected a Las Vegas class hotel as far as expectations.

We enjoyed our stay, rooms were clean, staff was friendly and helpful.

Did not experience any problems.

Good selection for a free breakfast everyday.

When visiting historical Bent's Fort and Las Animas, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

There are only 2 motels in Las Animas, and unfortunately I listened to the recommendation of an employee at BCCF when booking my room here at the Bent's Fort Inn, instead of going to take a look myself and making a decision. Worst mistake I could have made. The room smells like urine so bad my eyes burn. I had to go to the dollar store and buy incense and air freshener. While out, I decided to go take a look at the 'other' motel that was so put down (hoping to make myself feel better about the seemingly dismal choice I made in haste)...What I found out was that the Santa Fe Trails Motel, although it looked much smaller and didn't have a restaurant, etc, was actually just recently remodeled, and the rooms were nicely furnished, they have WIRELESS HIGH-SPEED INTERNET, do NOT smell bad in the least, and the room would have cost literally HALF of what I had paid for my room at Bent's Fort. I complained to the management upon my return about the horrible smell in my room, and what did they say? Here you go...and handed me a can of Lemon Merangue air freshener. No offer to move me to a 'less stinky' room, no apoligies for my dissatisfaction, no offering a refund or at least, a discount. NOTHING. I will NEVER, EVER stay here again, and feel totally duped. I brought my own blanket and pillow luckily, so will sleep on top of it rather than in their bed. I'm grossed out and this place makes my skin crawl!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Las Animas hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

Worst stay of my life! Bugs...bugs.....and more bugs outside...but they kindly provided us with a fly swatter in our room.... they claim to be dog friendly but we walked ourselves and my two little puppies into something that smelled like a septic tank... the puppies we soaked in it. We lost a pair of sneaks, my outfit and two dog leashes because they stench was unbearable. We discussed our concerns with management but they reassured us that we only walked into a big grease puddle from the kitchen. Or maybe old staignant rain water that builds up over time...... wthe women agreed that it stinks a lot out back but would not even use an a nice tone to soothe our worries of the possible disease ridden slop we slipped into.......all they needed was a simple sign.......careful....stinky slop here!!!!!! Beware!!!!!!!we had to wait to speak to a person to discuss our concerns with, since....and I quote "my english is no good"we did not receive even an apology for our horrible stay.,,,,,,let alone a discount or refund. Puppies boyfriend and I all took two showers and the wicked smell of this place still is in my nose. Yucky .....yucky....yuck.....this is the first hotel review that I have felt compelled to right. I am far from a compainer but I needed to save others from this nightmare. I believe that it is not a best western any longer.....even though we stayed there thinking it was....it has new owners.....I hope they walk outback into that stink. Ps. They r over charging.

• Stayed October 2010
kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

This is not a Best Western Hotel anymore. Property is in need of some serious updating. Restaurant on premises is fair, service very slow. No wireless internet. Would be OK if prices were lower. Lots of mosquitos on the premises, even at the pool. Promotes a bird sanctuary behind the property but it is a stinking creek full of mosquitos.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Black Forest, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Now http://www.BentsFortInn.com -- no longer Best Western...

But still has all the usual, and something special too:
* Great FREE breakfasts (LOVE the home fries!) with several choices. GREAT egg / bacon / sausage / toast / coffee or tea b'fast for free. Beats almost anywhere else.
* SOFT water... ahhh, hot shower that leaves you feeling clean :)
* Comfy, quiet rooms in a rural setting
* A river-side bird sanctuary right out the back door. WOW. (And 20 minutes from John Martin reservoir, about the same to Blue Lake SWA)

We just traveled 100 miles to stay here. A perfect getaway, very affordable. HIGHLY recommended for birders, nature lovers, or travelers who just like a nice place to stop.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

I just stayed last night because I am closing on a house in Las Animas today. Haven't even checked out yet. Didn't make reservations, just drove in and registered.

Nothing but high marks for these people. Genuinely gracious, friendly, and accommodating. Large and well equipped bathrooms, comfortable beds. Even have windows you can open on the first floor. Very low noise level and you can make the rooms dark. A comfortable place. The food is good and cheap. So are the rates. It is as good as it can get. It is not a seedy motel. I would recommend this place to anyone needing to stay in this area, including La Junta. The quality is much better than what I have encountered there, even more so when you consider the rates. It just has a real nice feel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Bent's Fort Inn? Share your experiences!