“Nice little local place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Larkspur
Cuisines: Mexican
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Nice little local place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We went there with friends on a weekend night. Quick service, food was good. I had he buffalo burger with onion rings. Rings were nice and crispy. Portions are quite generous. Would visit again.

U.S.A.
“Nice find in a small town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We are moving to Larkspur, and our realtor took us here for lunch. It used to be a bar that served food, but it was recently remodeled to emphasize the restaurant, though they still had good, cold beer! I wasn't expecting much, but the food was VERY good...and the portions were huge. They serve the standard family style fare menu, but every dish we had was very well prepared and all were good. The bison burger was de-lish, and the onion rings were very nicely prepared. If you are passing through on I-25, this is definitely worth a try, and it will become a regular for us once we are moved.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Big crowd at noon and only one server”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

It's obvious the locals know that this is the place to eat in Larkspur. The town itself seems to be a mere blip on the map. Spur of the Moment is what put it there!
The food is very good. I had the bison burger and it was cooked exactly the way I wanted it..medium rare. The fries were spot on. I felt so sorry for the server, she was all alone, serving, bussing tables, taking orders, ringing up the check. Only when we were about to leave did someone come in to help her. There were a LOT of folks there. Somehow she kept us all happy.
It's a pretty nice place, the walls loaded with horse and cowboy photos.
The bathroom was spotlessly clean.
They had a TV going, and it, like every other one I saw on this long trip, showed the blooming basketball playoffs. Boring. But eh, I wasn't there to watch a stupid game, I was there to eat.
I don't regret it. The food was great, the service, given that the woman had a huge workload, outstanding, and the price was very reasonable.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palmer Lake, Colorado
“Don't waste your time stopping in”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This was a fun sports bar - that is until the remodel. Now, it is a family restaurant with two very small TVs. No atmosphere anymore! They should have left a good thing alone!

• Visited November 2011