“Looked more like a bed and breakfast than a motel .” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Acres Motel and RV Park

Country Acres Motel and RV Park
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lamar
Country Acres Motel and RV Park
You added Country Acres Motel and RV Park to your Saves list
29151 Highway 287/385, Lamar, CO 81052-9708   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Lamar
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Looked more like a bed and breakfast than a motel .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

On a long road trip from Texas to winter park, CO we decided we couldn't drive any further. Looked up places to stay on trip advisor-this one was #1. I don't typically stay in motels, but I have found trip advisor to be pretty accurate.
What a cute place and the owner was very friendly. He asked what type of mattress we preferred -no chain hotel has asked me that! The room decor reminded me of a mountain lodge. I would definetly stay again!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Plano, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Saw the reviews, and decided to check it out. On the road from Dallas to Salt Lake, this made a good half-way stopping point. In a 3/4 ton pickup, pulling a 20 foot enclosed car hauler trailer. Note that it is at the far south end of town on the highway, easy to see, on the left. Checked me right in, the owner was careful to ask what kind of bed I wanted (as he has a range!) and gave me the "Fort" room. Has an Alamo silhouette on the door. Inside, this guy has WAY too much time on his hands! EVERY detail has been worked. The walls, the paint, all sorts of little quality touches, to give that LOOK of old west fort. Brilliant!

The room had one VERY firm mattress, and one that was pretty soft. I started on the hard, and switched to the soft after 15 minutes, slept just fine. PLENTY of room in the parking area to pull in and turn around with the large trailer in tow. I could have backed it to the room, there was that much room for parking.

Price was GREAT. Same guy (the owner) was there to check me out the next morning. Doesn't he ever sleep? He asked about the room, what I thought, how i slept. You could tell, he really CARES about making sure the rooms and stay are all they can be.

Would DEFINITELY stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to say how firm you want the bed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

There are eight rooms and a rv park. The interior is done up as a country cabin. Very well done. The bed is very comfortable. Good ac. Flat panel tv hooked to cable. The grounds are attractive. The chihuahua was $10 extra.

• Stayed September 2012
somewhere in texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Found this place on accident about 4-5 years ago, but fell in love with it after seeing it and keep coming back. Nice owner. Nice clean rooms, each with its own theme. Beds are comfy. Each time we return there is something new done to the place. Great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am so happy to write this review. We found this motel based on other reviews. Not only did I have one of the most comfortable sleeps ever at a hotel but as a typical big city traveler who has stayed in some of the finest hotels in the country, I will always fondly remember my experience at this motel. I felt like I ha stepped into. Special place in America and when the owner told me the storied of the ara, I wanted to cancel te rest of my vacation and spend a few extra days exploring this area. What a pleasure!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed in the Fort room. You could hear some highway noise. The owners were very nice and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was simple, but good. Overall a good value and we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our family slept in two of the rooms here last night: the planetarium and honeymoon suite. The decor in both was great, the beds were very comfortable. I'm usually picky as far as hotels go but read great reviews of this motel. And we were pleased. The landscaping around the property is done well. We had a nice breakfast and chat with Brad.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Country Acres Motel and RV Park? Share your experiences!