“Filthy room” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Conifer, Colorado
“Filthy room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

When I checked in to the room, late at night, I unpacked and then found that the bathroom had enough pubic hair to make a small dog with on the floor and there were also urine stains EVERYWHERE. As a gold level who spends many nights in Hilton properties, I found this to be the worst room I've been in for a long time. At checkout the manager was informed of the digusting room.He offered to repay the 25,000 points used, without being asked. A month later, no points returned. I think I'll be staying at Marriot properties from now on...

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations, our apologies for not meeting your expectation as a Hilton Gold member. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and hope this experience will not impact your future decisions to choose Hilton as your Brand of choice. Your concerns have been shared with the appropriate team members, we have corrected our deficiencies for future guests. Again, thank you for the feedback, best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I had booked a room for myself and my girlfriend at this location on monday 6/11/12 for a single room with a king bed on the highest floor. the female on the phone confirmed that i had booked a single king top floor for the following night tuesday 6/12/12. when i arrived the next day after traveling over 300 miles the female at the desk said that i was booked in a room top floor with two singles. i informed her that i had booked a king and that two singles would not work. she said that is what she had booked for me and that there were no other rooms available. when i enquired if anyone had not checked in yet and since i was there if i could still get a king room that i had requested and the person i talked to the previous day had confirmed and she stood there with a blank look and said no that is all she could offer me. no offer of a discount or a free night stay for my inconvienance. i have stayed at this motel before and it was mediocre at best. it is a old converted office building and is one of the poorer properties i have stayed at and i stay at hampton inns quite frequently. i can say without a doubt that i WILL NEVER stay at this location again. i wrote in a previous review that i wouldnt stay at a holiday inn that is close to this location because this hampton inn is nearby. i reverse that decision and would gladly stay at the holiday inn over this poor excuse for a hampton inn. as it ended up we stayed at a la quenta close by and the staff and the rooms were wonderful. so my advice, stay clear of this hampton location and stay at the holiday in or la quinta that are right accross the street

Room Tip: do not choose a room here there are better hotels in the area
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your concerns from your June visit. It appears that we have not met your expectation and regret that your experience was less than positive. We strive for excellence and customer service is our foremost priority. Your experience has been shared with the appropriate team members and continuous training will be provided in order to prevent such a reoccurrence. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and hope you will consider an alternative Hilton property in Denver if not our property. Thank you again for sharing your concerns, best regards.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Another great Hampton Inn. Good location, not far from I-70. Great outdoor pool with pool & pool area kept meticulously clean. Staff was very friendly & helpful with great restaurant recommendations for dinner. (Lots of restaurants nearby to choose from.) Complimentary breakfast was good, with hot items quickly restocked. Hotel, grounds & room very clean. Beds at the Hampton Inns are the best! Only drawback, the room A/C was exceptionally loud.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Farmington, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I booked 6 rooms for several nights for a group visiting Denver area. Initially I booked on-line, then I needed to make changes, I called the hotel and spoke with the manager, Maddie. Maddie was a pleasure to deal with, very professional and polite. Maddie made sure my rooms were correct and some minor billing issues were taken care of promptly with no fuss. Rooms were comfortable. Improvements I would suggest would be to replace the double beds with queen size as several of my party had spouses and children with them and the small beds were a bit of an inconvenience. The room air conditioner was fussy and worked OK, but not great, it did get warm in the room at night. The lobby was uncomfortably hot even at breakfast time when it should have cooled off. The lobby area is large and it would have been nice to have been able to socialize during our stay, but the hot building kept that from happening. Breakfast was mediocre at best. The pool is on the small side and there is no hot tub on the property. Room was clean and every staff member I encountered was pleasant and cordial. Overall for the price I paid I was very satisfied and would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with your spouse or significant other only, book a king bed.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Missoula
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Positives: Nice room, clean, decent breakfast (typical Hampton), Nice lobby area, quiet location, nice/friendly staff
Negatives: We had a smoker or two check in next door to us. Supposed to be a smoke-free property. Smoke was seeping into our room and when I reported this to the front desk, the clerk said she would tell the manager. Well for 24 hours we endured the constant smoking. The next morning, I checked with the front desk to let them know they were still smoking and she told me she forgot to tell the management. I had even woken up that morning to the smell of smoke. I asked for a free night and was given enought points for a free night in the future, which is very fair. When I called later and spoke to the GM, he was not very sympathetic as he "cannot control what people do in their rooms." Not a very satisfactory response.
Beds were not comfortable for two people as they were doubles and one was swayed.
Internet was painfully slow.
Fitness equipment very old and room was hot.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
DENLK, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
I apologize for the less-than-stellar response of our Front Desk team to the smoking issue in your room. It is unacceptable that it was not presented to myself or my AGM in a timely fashion, and I would like to apologize once again for causing you a less than perfect stay with us. As we previously discussed, I will be awarding points to your account, although I know that will not make up for the problem. I'd like to invite you to come back and see us so that we may provide you a comfortable, smoke-free stay with the best Hampton service! Again, I apologize that we fell below your expectations, and would like to thank you for staying with us.
Madison, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed here for business. The hotel did not have a restaurant, but a couple OK places were walking distance - a Mexican Cantina, Dennys and Old Chicago. The building construction was cheap, as a result the room was really loud. I could not make the fan on the HVAC in the room stay on as white noise, so I was awoken every time it cycled. Without the white noise, I could hear the doors slam along the entire corridor everytime someone went in or out (you know those automatic door closers on hotel rooms cause them to slam). At 4AM the newspaper delivery woke me up...plop, plop, PLOP, plop, plop...all the way down the hall. To add insult to injury, my next door neighbor decided he needed to have a fight on speaker phone at 6AM including colorful swear words. When I asked the front desk if they carried ear plugs, their answer was no. Then they also deactivated my key cards 3 hours before manditory check-out. My computer and purse were locked in the room and the gal at the front desk (the only working Saturday morning) had to finish a VERY LONG and INVOLVED phone call before she would deign to help me get back into my room and get my belongings before I could check-out. And when I asked to speak to the manager (the sign above the front desk indicated someone named Ryan as the manager on duty), the woman at the desk claimed that she was the manager on duty - her name tag clearly indicated she was not Ryan. I was not allowed to complain to anyone else. That said, the breakfast included in the room rate was good and the woman who takes care of the breakfast area really did an artistic and aethetic job keeping the food displays looking edible and inviting.

Room Tip: If the hotel is not full, ask for a room with the mini fridge and microwave (not all rooms have this...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. I apologize that our facility fell below your expectations. Our staff strives to give a comfortable, friendly and clean stay to every guest, and I apologize that the room was not quiet or up to your standards. I would like to invite you to come back and see the changes we have made due to your comments. Also, I apologize for the issue with your keys and our desk staff and can assure you that we are working toward eliminating this problem all together.

Again, I'd love to invite you back to see us again so that we have the opportunity to show you how great our Hampton Inn can be. Please accept my sincere apologies that we were unable to provide you with a perfect stay.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

It was great to stay here for a few days. The room was clean and cosy. The staff were very nice and were good at their jobs.
The fantastic buffet breakfast was a delight each morning.
The hotel doesn't serve other meals, but there are lots of eateries nearby and a Walmart just down the road.

Be warned -the buses in that area don't run on Sundays and the hotel did not have a driver for the shuttle bus that day.

The building entrace is actually at the back (not from Wadsworth) And if you're coming via bus, make sure to stay on till the Hampton Park n Ride. You'll see the building from there no problem. -If you get off even the stop before (as I did, you cannot see it because of a hill and street numbers are not visable. It took me a long time to find the place because I didnt know which way down the street to go and went the wrong way.)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback about your stay. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your nights in Denver, and would love to see you back as soon as possible!

Been to Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood? Share your experiences!