“Ideal choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 27 hotels in Lakewood
Pennsylvania
“Ideal choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We chose this hotel for its location, near Lakewood's upscale/suburban Belmar neighborhood. It turned out to be a great choice! The hotel was easy to find but insulated from traffic noise. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable, with a microwave and fridge tucked away in a little cabinet. The continental breakfast was about what you'd expect, but served in a clean and sunny space, with plenty of seating for singles, couples or families. Best of all, the friendly staff (kudos to Christine & Desiree!) answered every question with a smile and went out of their way to be helpful. I've already recommended this hotel to family living in the Denver area. And I intend to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Aztec, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

La Quinta's in my opinion can be hit or miss. It was clean and the rate we paid for a suite was incredible. There was a flat screen in each room as well as individual climate control. My bed was comfortable. The continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Over the years we've had some very mixed experiences with La Quintas. This one is a relatively new and especially nice La Quinta. The staff was quite friendly and accomodating. Nearby restaurants deliver to this location. It is pet friendly with good area for walking dog in safe area. Handy to southwest area and to scenic highway US 285.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Whitewood, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have stayed at several La Quinta Inns and had a satisfactory stay. In this case, the location was easy to access, the room met our expectations. The problem was with the bathtub/shower controls. First of all it was closed so tight that neither my husband or I could turn the lever to turn on the water. After trying until I had a vein break in my hand I asked for my husband's help. He struggled with it as well. After we had water I set the controls to the temperature that I wanted, changed the setting to the shower and BRRRR the water was tepid. Then I struggled to find a temperature that wasn't either boiling hot or freezing cold. I exited the shower and gave up. We packed up our belongings and left. Someone called from the hotel today and we thought she was quite snarky. She didn't understand why someone didn't come to the desk for help. If I had to get dressed to do that I had made the decision to leave. The hallway carpet gives a very bad impression as it has lifted from the floor and is badly wrinkled and someone could trip over it.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay there again.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

There were other major chains in the area but I doubt any had nicer rooms than this hotel. Service was sparse but didn't need anything. I was totally satisfied and would return.Great value for the money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Southwest Lakewood? Share your experiences!