“Absolutely the Best Hot and Sour Soup in Colorado!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Arvada
“Absolutely the Best Hot and Sour Soup in Colorado!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've eaten at Szechuan over the past twenty-five years or so, and customarily order a simple lunch consisting of a tureen of their Hot and Sour Soup--honestly, the best I've tasted anywhere. It's absolutely delicious when thickened with a small order of steamed rice and crisp noodles. Along with their fresh tea, it's the perfect lunch! Occasionally I'll order the pork chow mein, also fantastically good! My guess is that everything on the menu here is top notch.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Broad menu and excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Tucked away in a small strip mall, this long time local eatery offers very good food, served piping hot and with a smile! The broad menu offers a wide variety of Chinese favorites including plenty of vegetarian options. We recently dropped in for lunch and had a very filling and tasty meal at tremendously affordable prices.
A pot of hot tea and iced waters were placed on our table the moment we sat down. The menu has so many options that it took us a bit to decide which new treat we would try. I opted for the Cashew Chicken lunch which includes an appetizer and a bowl of soup. My companion had the Hunam Beef and loved it! They will adjust spicy dishes according to the customers' tastes and both meals were served very promptly and hot out of the kitchen.
The wait person noticed that a knife would be helpful with the beef dish and offered it immediately.
It has been a while since I last visited this cosy restaurant; however, my next visit will be sooner rather than later!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado
“A Wonderful Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

To quote good, old Yogi Berra, "It was deja vu all over again!" My late wife and I discovered this place in the early '70s when we lived in the area. It quickly became a place we visited almost once a week. Then we moved to another part of town.
Three weeks ago, AG and I decided to go out for dinner. Since she lives in Lakewood, I suggested we try this place. It was as wonderful as ever. She tried the Shrimp and Vegetables and I had the Twice-Cooked Pork. MAGNIFICENT! Far better than the highly advertised and trendy Chinese restaurants. In fact the servings were so large, the left-overs furnished dinner the next evening.
This week we returned again, but were smart enough to only order one entree and shared it. Both times I had the Hot and Sour Soup. It was good and spicy. They will adjust the spiciness of their "Hot" dishes for your taste. You won't go wrong here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
denver colorado
“A 30 year favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Szechuan Chinese restaurant is a family favorite for 30 years, it was recently closed for 6 weeks due to kitchen fire. Last night was the first Saturday they were open. Although not as busy as usual, it did not miss a beat on the food. We have ordered many different dishes over the years and have never been disappointed. Last night we ordered hot and sour soup-best in town! Also, combination Lo Mein and Sesame Chicken. The Lo Mein was full of great veggies and tender juicy shrimp and chicken, pork, and beef. The sesame chicken wasn't too heavily breaded, nice and light and crispy, with a sauce that was perfect. We ask that all our dishes be made extra hot cuz we love it hot, and they do it just right.
The service is good with the owner always there and chatting to make you feel welcome. They seem to do a huge carry out business too.

Don't hesitate to add this to your list of Chinese restaurants. Yummy!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Chinese in the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Coming from NY, it's hard to find good Chinese food out here. Szechuan is great- favorites are crab rangoon, fried dumplings, sesame chicken, lo mein.
-Mr. 8000