“Mexican Chuck E Cheese” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Peoria, Illinois
“Mexican Chuck E Cheese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

It is worth going here just to see the spectacle. I call it a Mexican Chuck E Cheese because I think they are a similar concept. The food is bad and overpriced but the kids are going to love the show. The place is unique and hard to describe. Bring the kids for something they won't forget.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Not as remembered.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

(Like some of the rest of us!), showing its age. Haven't been in 30 yrs, but grown children wanted to go back for "old times sake." Crazy busy summer wkday lunchtime w/ hordes of summer "day programs'" kids. "Food flag" on table, diving demo., kid-centered stuff, etc. all as remembered, BUT food price was WAY up with quality WAY down (basically, generic "Mexican glop." Friendly "help," but left thinking it seemed so, SO much better "back then."

Visited July 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Long line, average food, probably not worth the wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I would like to enjoy Casa Bonita. If I could go there, go quickly through the line, get a table by the waterfall & skits, or in some other neat area, then I would recommend this place. Unfortunately, it is pretty likely not all those things will fall your way. We went with the family on a Wednesday night, probably entering the restaurant close to 8:15 pm (so not a rush time). It was a 45 minute wait to get in, so by the time we get to the table, which was away from the waterfall, most everyone was ready to leave, and by everyone, I mean the workers. We had glimpses of the waterfall, but couldn't see, nor hear what was going on.

Our server was really good though. She was very helpful. I would rater her 5 stars, but the help in getting through the line, very slowly, was about a 2 star.

The food though is certainly not the reason to go.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Fajntastic Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This place is fantastic, the design of the interior is beyond description, waterfall, pool, caves, just a super interior design, you feel like your are sitting in a Mexican village dinning at tables along a walkway. The food is good, the shows are a bit corny, but everything rolled into one this is a must do for my wife and I when we are in Denver. The exterior would never let you know what is waiting inside. As I sat in this place, I thought to myself the designer had to be a bit crazy, to envision the layout of the place. It is worth the trip into a somewhat seedy side of town just to see this, and the food was good.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Go for fun not food! Bring lots of $$$!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I haven't been to Casa Bonita for years, but finally had to take my 7yo daughter there to show her what it was all about.

The service we received was exceptional and is why I'm rating CB "very good". We didn't even use our flag. Our waiter just came over intermittently to check on us. For those of you that don't know about the flag, it is what you use to signal the server you need something.

The food was was over priced and mediocre at best, but it was worth it just to see the smile on my daughter's face while she watched the cliff divers and melodramas. She also loved the cave and game room! It's really a magical place for any child!

Take your kids and family there! I highly recommend it. Just make sure you aren't worried about how great the food is and how much money you are paying for it!