“This is a fun and quirky place that Denver is lucky to have.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
here
“This is a fun and quirky place that Denver is lucky to have.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Was here a lot a kid, but have been away from Colorado for 28 years now. Visited Casa Bonita again for fun and it was like a warm embrance. Just plain good fun. I felt they have kept it well and everything was familiar and I had forgotten how big it is in there. Just a quirky and fun place. I think kids love it, but I think adults like it too and many adults came here as kids so it is a warm memory. Lots of couples there and people of all ages including older folks. Everyone having a good time. Diving is still there and the sopapillas. Black Bart's cave and the entertainment. This is just a fun little place. Food was good. The all you can eat is definately of lesser caliber than the regular menu and I do recommend ordering off the menu not the all you can eat. Visually and taste wise the menu meals are a lot better than the all you can eat. Service was good. Ambiance was fun and eclectic. You do feel a bit like you are in Mexico and I like that. I like wandering around - so many rooms - and bringing my husband here for the first time was just down right fun. Go in with the right attitude and have a good time. Sopapillas are as delish as ever. Dive show is still fun to watch. I say well done Casa Bonita - still good after all these years...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Blue Springs, Missouri
“Entertaining for my grandson!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

If you going to Casa Bonita you know it is not for the food quality but the entertainment value for grand kids. My three year old grandson totally enjoyed the dinner show and arcade at Casa Bonita! The best part of the meal were the sopaipillas at dessert. Most of the food was at best average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wichita, Kansas
“Awesome atmosphere but no so good service or food...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My in-laws took us here during a vacation because they had went years ago when their boys lived at home. I was excited to try this place out after hearing them rave about how awesome it is and all...I was honestly disappointed which did not happend until we sat down at our table.

When you first walk in you grab a menu and then wait in a line, like an attraction line for a ride. Once you get to the register you tell them what you want, they expect you to spend your time in line figure that part out so you are ready to order once you get to the register. After you give your order you have about another 50 foot line until you get to the food line which reminds me of Golden Corral. In this line you get your food instead of it being brought to you at your table...they did not have my chicken fajitas ready and was told it would be brought to my table. So we continue on and get seated by the hostess. We told the server that I needed my food still and requested lemons and additional napkins....it took the waiter 4 trips to our table and 4 times of us remindng him I needed my food and he kept forgetting...by this time the rest of the family was almost half way done eating. I finally get my food and I don't have tortillas...that was another 5 minute wait...by this point my food was chilled and the food was not even average...I only ate it because I was starving at that point.

The atmosphere was fun. The place we got sat at was in a room with a magician on a stage, I was not able to see anything due to the pillar in the room...The other main room had a huge pool in the bottom with cliffs up to the ceilings and that was where they did skits and shows and divers would dive into the pool...

Neat place for young ones and you don't have to worry about noise control because it is fairly loud in there already.

Here is a few things from the menu that may help you prepare for your first time there:

They do not allow sharing of meals. They state on menu "Every person over 2 MUST purchase a meal!"

Kids plates are $5

Average adult meal is around $13

They do offer country fried steak & fried chicken breast for those who do not prefer Mexican food

They do have an all you can eat deluxe dinner for $15 and you can choose beef or chicken and they are tacos and enchiladas.

Their homemade sopaipillas are AMAZING!! Did not come with sugar and cinnamon on them but comes with honey.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Goshen, IN
“Mediocre food, cheesy "shows"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We decided to visit here because we had heard it had a fun atmosphere. It might be fun if you are between the ages of 5-14, but adults will likely find the food overpriced and of poor quality, and the "shows" cheesy and not that exciting. They make you purchase a dinner as your admission into the restaurant, which means you need to place your order and pay before you sit down. Prices range from $12.69 for a taco or nacho salad, to $14.89 for their "deluxe dinner" of tacos and enchiladas. Drinks not included. Three kids meals (cheese enchiladas, chicken strips, cheeseburger) for kids 12 & under are $4.99. You don't have a lot of time to make up your mind about what you want, and then you are served it cafeteria-style before being shown to your seat.

As their menu states, "Because we feature live entertainment and because the atmosphere is so unique, we must require every person over two years of age to purchase a dinner before entering the restaurant."

The cliff diving show is short (about 5-7 minutes), and the other shows included dialogue with a microphone that I found hard to understand. The atmosphere IS unique and kids will be very entertained, but you can find better food and entertainment many other places in Denver. We did not explore the arcade, or any other places where they want you to spend more money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morrison, Colorado, United States
“Casa Bonita - Great atmosphere!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Casa Bonita is a family Mexican restruant and has been a Colorado Institution for almost 40 years. With a 30 foot indoor waterfall, daring cliff divers, regular stage shows and Black Barts cave/arcade its a sure treat for those visiting with children. The food is average at best but the atmosphere is top notch. Margartitas are great and the unlimitted sopapillas are worth the trip alone. Casa Bonita has been featured as a Colorado LandMark on such shows as the adult cartoon South Park.

• Visited July 2013