“Good location, needs a lot of attention.” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Fresno, CA
“Good location, needs a lot of attention.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Family in Lakewood, so the location was great. The people at the front desk were great. The breakfast crew gets two thumbs up, especially Lu and the lady cooking eggs. It was a better than average breakfast experience.

Beds were comfortable. Pillows were terrible. Bathroom was teeny tiny. Had cold water in the bathroom one morning, the next day had lukewarm water...too cold for showers.Fairly clean....too much of that "stinky" spray that's supposed to make you think the room is cleaner than it is.

Our room phone rang late one night, no one there. Then next morning started ringing at 6am,3 times, no one there again. Called front desk. .they said they were having trouble with their system. (Our son in another room had the same problem...he was smart enough to unplug his ohone) Front desk put our phone on "Do not disturb. "

Gym was adequate, 1 modest treadmill, 1 bike, 1 universal weight machine. TV would only pick up 1 channel (Spanish speaking)...when I called to ask about how to change channels, the maintenance man came and said he couldn't fix it..a "Comcast problem" that was also tied to the phone problem. We were there for 6 nights and it was never fixed.

All and all....needs attention! !

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great stay, clean and nice. Great breakfast included. Will definitely stay again when in the Denver area. Like the interior design with all the dinosaurs. Really enjoyed the breakfast as had multiple selections.

Santa Fe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Quiet hotel even though it is very near large thoroughfares. Fabulous dinosaur decor and real fossils. Great pool. Very warm, even though it is outdoors. Would definitely stay here again. Fabulous staff.

Nashville Tn, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very pleasant accomodations for the price point. Pleasant staff. wonderful breakfast. I'll stay there again next time I am in town.value for the dollar. My home away from home next time I visit my son. Thank you very much

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

RaeLinM, Manager at BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I love hearing that your stay with us was a Great Experience!
From all the Management staff here at the Best Western Denver Southwest we thank you for your review and we will see you next time.

Best regards,

Operations/Sales Manager
3440 S. Vance St.
Lakewood, CO. 80227
303-989-5500
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel while on an interview in the Lakewood, CO area and, I would definitely stay here again. I can honestly say that I can't remember staying at a Best Western before but, I will definitely stay again if the rest are like this! The breakfast omelette bar is awesome...and was quite possibly worth the cost to stay here alone. The room was nice and more than met the cleanliness standards, which is the most important aspect of any hotel stay. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family if they come out to visit in the future and, I look forward to staying here again when I come back to the area to house/apartment hunt in the spring!

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
RaeLinM, Manager at BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your review.
We know that clean comfy rooms mean a lot to our guest but so does breakfast and we do our best to make it a little more than just coffee, juice, and danishes. I am very please that you enjoyed your stay with us .

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Any hotel that makes you feel like you're staying at John Hammond's personal suite in Jurassic Park is worth at least a handful of stars. I loved the paleo-themed lobby with its dinosaur bones and taxidermy displays. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was incredibly friendly, and were I a breakfast kind of guy, I would've enjoyed the hearty spread they were offering. All in all, it's a cut above what you'd expect from a franchised hotel. My only disappointment was that the T-Rex skull didn't come alive at midnight and play fetch like a Labrador. I thought Night at the Museum was a documentary?

Stayed December 2014
Stephen,
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I as well wished our dinosaurs would come alive at night. LOL... that would be Awesome!
Thank you for choosing us for your hotel needs.

Best regards,

Sedona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Upon arrival the Expedia reservation had not come through. They, with effort, got us into our room which was very clean. The staff was helpful throughout our stay with directions and maps Great place! Wonderful!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
We understand with Expedia and hotels.com their reservation take a little longer for us to receive it. As long as you show us your reservation on your phone we have no problem with getting you checked in right away and let us handle the rest. I am very pleased to hear that our front agent handled your situation exactly that way. We here at the Best Western Denver Southwest hope to see you again in the future.

rmurray@bestwesterndenver.com

Been to BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest? Share your experiences!