“Closest to Italian Subs in Chicago I have Tasted in Colorado” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 320 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Closest to Italian Subs in Chicago I have Tasted in Colorado”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I loved the subs, they were truly Italian as I learned what that meant growing up in Chicago. The bread was beautifully fresh - a commodity hard to produce in the dryness of Colorado. The unanimous greeting from all workers as we walked in the door seemed genuine. I loved this great food find.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Denver, Colorado
“Many Choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The subs were delish and there were many choices. I did feel like they didn't have too many healthier options but who wants a healthy sub? The service was fantastic and everyone was very nice. I will go back for sure!

Visited May 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“DELICIOUS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Had to try this sub shop since it sounded like it was for fireman! Service is good, and food for hot subs is excellent. I had the steak with mushrooms. This was my second time to this location so I ordered two subs on this trip. Very good!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado
“Aweful tasting food...and is this a charity or a restaurant?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Absolutely terrible food, among the worst subs I have ever had. I tried the 'King's Hawaiian' sandwhich, which I was able to take about 3 bites of before discarding the entire thing. Horrible, generic, soggy, bland...just an all around aweful tasting sandwhich. So, I ended up spending eight bucks on a iced tea and chips. In addition, they ask for your change to help firefighters, which I find to be extremely tacky. I mean, thank you for your services firemen, but should I start a restaurant to help postal workers, police officers...or maybe the girl scouts? To the 'firemen' who started this thing...learn to make a decent sandwhich, and quit trying to play on the heartstrings of the average stupid American, it is insulting. Will never return. Yuck!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood, Colorado
“Great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The restaurant has great food, great prices, generous portions. This is the second Firehouse I have visited. I usually order the house salad but their Chefs salads are very good to. I prefer their BBQ sandwich or their Philly Cheese. The only negative is the parking lot is small and shared with a Panera Bread and several other places in a mini mall. Usually at lunch the lot is crowded and some drivers hurrying to get back to work make it tricky to back out of the spaces.

• Visited March 2013