“Wish we lived near this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #81 of 320 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Syracuse, New York
“Wish we lived near this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

When visiting Denver we stop here. This is our second visit but family members dine here 2-3 times/week. We're jealous! Huge plate of queso to start off with, and Diablo (strong) margs. On to the ground beef burrito, which we split..8.99. Other side of table always gets Mexican hamburger and a chicken dish she raves about. Sopapillas to finish and 3 steak entrees to go were delivered on time. The food is hot, delicious and professionally served. Don't miss this cheery, popular place. We arrived around 6:30 on a summer Friday night and got a table. In the winter I understand this wouldn't be possible.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Littleton, Colorado
“Found a new favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our favorite Mexican restaurant closed down a year or so ago. We have been trying many diffferent restaurants to replace it. We didn't think we would find one until we found Tequila's. The food is fantastic, the portions are HUGE and the staff go out of their way to help you. They have an extensive menu so it's fun to try different entrees. The free chips and salsa are very good. They also give you a cabbage salsa that is extremely good and addictive. I'm not sure of the proper name but I would love to find the recipe for it! The decor is festive and colorful. The prices are VERY reasonable especially with the large portions. The only drawback for us would be the loud mariachi band on Wednesday night. They are very talented but it is so loud that it is hard to carry on a conversation at your table.

We love Tequila's and have made it a weekly stop.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
“BEWARE!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I ate there with my daughter who is highly allergic to peanuts. Since she has eaten at many Mexican restuarants without problems, she did not mention her allergy to the server. Half way through her enchilada, she became very ill. When we mentioned this to the server he told us the enchilada sauce has peanut butter in it! I couldn't belive it! There was no mention of this on their menu. Since so many people have the same allergy, you would think this would be revealed on the menu. My daughter required TWO epinepherine doses plus a half bottle of Benedryl and was still sick the rest of the day. Oh, and by the way, I complained to the Manager and all he said was "sorry" and didn't even offer to comp her meal. I will never again eat at this restaurant!

Visited January 2013
Lakewood, Colorado
“The food is very flavorful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

What a pleasant surprise for great Mexican cuisine. Tucked away in the King Sooper's strip mall, this place stands out due to it's tiny patio and brightly lit sign. The staff was great and the place is super clean. The cabbage salsa is sooooo yummy. The carne asada and carnitas platter are some of my favorites.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indian Hills, Colorado
“See The Chairs:”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The artwork on the chairs and tables is incredible. Wish the food was the same.
Tequlas is a local restaurant chain. I had forgotton my last meal at another Tequilas location. It came back to mind when I saw the addresses on the menu.
There is a lunch menu with lower prices than the regular menu. I tried the encheledas. I got a large plate full of skimpy portions made to look large. The beef encheladas had a good flavor, but did not fill the wrapping. The rice was flavorful with a distince taste of its own. There was refried bean soup on the plate also. I have never experienced such runny refried beans. I think the owners were trying to save money by skimping to cover the low cost of the lunch plate. I would rather pay a dollar more and get some food. It was quite good in spite of the skimpiness.
The server was attentive at first, and then sluffed off. She never came around to check after serving my plate. She did deliver the check. Last I saw, she was heading out the door with her coat and purse. Someone else finished the job of collecting the check. I left a small tip anyway; not my usual tip for good attention and service.
Would I return, maybe. It wasn't that bad overall. I don't normally go to this part of town would be the big hindrance.

• Visited October 2012