“See The Chairs:” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Indian Hills, Colorado
“See The Chairs:”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The artwork on the chairs and tables is incredible. Wish the food was the same.
Tequlas is a local restaurant chain. I had forgotton my last meal at another Tequilas location. It came back to mind when I saw the addresses on the menu.
There is a lunch menu with lower prices than the regular menu. I tried the encheledas. I got a large plate full of skimpy portions made to look large. The beef encheladas had a good flavor, but did not fill the wrapping. The rice was flavorful with a distince taste of its own. There was refried bean soup on the plate also. I have never experienced such runny refried beans. I think the owners were trying to save money by skimping to cover the low cost of the lunch plate. I would rather pay a dollar more and get some food. It was quite good in spite of the skimpiness.
The server was attentive at first, and then sluffed off. She never came around to check after serving my plate. She did deliver the check. Last I saw, she was heading out the door with her coat and purse. Someone else finished the job of collecting the check. I left a small tip anyway; not my usual tip for good attention and service.
Would I return, maybe. It wasn't that bad overall. I don't normally go to this part of town would be the big hindrance.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Westerville, OH
“Good not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Had the bean & avocado tostada...good but too much lettuce & I wish the cheese would've been melted. My friend had a pork taco and said it was very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“Extensive menu, authentic friendliness, good eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stopped for lunch here based on Tripadvisor reviews and weren't disappointed. It's hard to find margaritas made without syrupy sweet headache-inducing sour mix, but this place delivers. We did enjoy these margs with lunch! Location is in a busy strip mall. The decor is bright, handpainted furniture--fun. After having a "modern" Mexican the night before in LoDo, it was nice to get a place with old-fashioned combo platos. Service was great, we'll be back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great family oriented restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Tequilas is always great. I go there about once a week and love their food and service. Close to home and it has a small bar with a tv which is always on soccer that I like. Overall great place

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Best Mexican Food In Denver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Hard to believe this place is out in Lakewood (which is normally a cullinary wasteland known for the worst food in the Denver area), and not downtown....but it is. Everything from the most complex dishes to the simplest are excellent, served with a big plate and pleasant staff to attend to your needs.

You will not be disappointed here. And, to make it better, they are expanding and taking over the space next door. The bar will be much larger and some additional seating.

• Visited July 2012