“Not recommended” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West

You added Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   715 Kipling Street, Lakewood, CO 80215-5824 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Port Huron, Michigan
“Not recommended”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a " pet friendly "hotel with that said there was a lot of dog poop in the small patches of grass that had to be crossed to get to my room. Thank you irresponsible dog owners for not picking this up when you walk your dog. This hotel does not pick this stuff up as well as it has been there a long time. My second impression was I opened the access door to get to the stairs and there were several plastic bags filled with trash stinking in the hallway. special mention goes to all of the people hanging around outside their rooms smoking looking ghetto. As for the room it was clean had a small tube TV that had sound problems the bed was small and not very comfortable. The only good thing I have to say was the young lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful. I don't recommend staying at this dive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Last month I received the best gift ever. Having my kitchen remodeled! I found out almost

immediately that I would go insane if I had to live in the mess with my three kids. I

decided to take the kids to the Crossland Economy Studios in Lakewood Colorado until the

construction was completed. The rooms were roomy with a well equiped kitchenette which

helped to keep us in our budget for meals. The staff was friendly and efficient lead by the

manager Fyzal who always took the time to greet us and make sure we had everything we

needed. The best part for me was that for once I wasn't the one who did all the cleaning.

After a two week stay we returned home to our brand new kitchen.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back allow for less car traffic which means greater safety for families with small chil...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel room and our people. It's great to hear that we could accommodate your home away from home needs for you and your family during the remodel of your house. Please stop in any time when you are in the neighborhood we would love to see pictures of your new kitchen!
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Thank heavens for the terrific lady who cleans my room weekly. Her name is Theresa, who I have given the nickname "The Queen of Squeaky Clean". This the only thing that is constant on this property ... but coming back to a clean room is very comforting. As for the internet here, unless you are in the Laundry Room [where one always gets a signal strength of 5 bars] do not expect much - the signal in my room fails at least 5 times per session. I have reported this to Corporate since June 4, 2013 and STILL nothing has been done to correct this situation, not only for me but for many others on this property. For a selection date, it did not allow November, 2008, but that does not surprise me.

Room Tip: For WI-FI, try staying in the Laundry Room - it's the only room that has constant, good receptio...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We appreciate the great comments about Theresa; however, we apologize that you have been having issues with the internet.

In response to your problem, we have been working with our internet provider to get this resolved and should have an answer for you soon.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at dlw2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.
Rifle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Title of the review says it all. I had the displeasure of staying here for work my employer made the reservation. Pretty sensitive to cigarette smoke so need a non smoking room all of the rooms should not qualify as non smoking possibly second hand smoke rooms would be a better term. A/C went out frequently often at night the thermostat in the room was above 85 degrees!!! Room was not very clean when I got there but the staff did attempt to clean at the end of the week. Notice I said attempt. At one point I kicked a shoe under the bed by accident, should have left it there rather than see the assorted refuse left there by previous patrons cigarette butts in a non smoking room never!!! Femainine hygiene product wrappers and other debris. Mold in the shower/tub. Over all the room was pretty disgusting. During my stay law enforcement was there on a weekly if not daily basis. Not a hotel I would recommend for a family or a vacation. I do not know who I felt worse for myself or the people who were staying there because the had no other options. On the lighter side most of the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Look some where else unless $ are extremely limited
Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I heard some good things about The Crossland Studios in Lakewood from other friends that came to town and stayed there. Things like its inexpensive, good for the money, easy to feel comfortable, and good location. I gave it a shot a few weeks ago. I stayed there for a total of 10 days. Although I was hoping for flat screen TVs and it would be a phenomenal deal if they had updated TVs, I fully enjoyed my stay. I guess they just upgraded their linens, and the kitchen equipped with essentials (and a full refrigerator!), I did not feel I was in a hotel, but moreso an apartment. Housekeeping once a week was a great addition to their services, and the staff was really friendly. Emily behind the desk especially stands out as a must be great asset to the Extended Stay family of hotels.

I was comfortable there and did not feel anything suffered due to the discount pricing. I would definitely stay here again and actually look forward to it. Neighbors were cool too.

Room Tip: I stayed in the upfront part of the building and had great sunlight come through my windows during l...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. It is truly a pleasure to be able to provide all of our guests with the comforts of a "home away from home" and it sounds like we were able to do just that. I will pass your great comments onto our staff. Please let us know when you come back again so we can welcome you back!
Riverside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am in Lakewood for an internship at the Federal Center close-by. Our hotel was booked for us by our internship organization (They pay it but take it out of our internship paycheck), so we had no choice but to stay here. First off, my roommate and I were very excited as this hotel advertises having a pool, and the apartments we moved out of had no pool. I even looked it up on Google Earth and there was indeed a very blue pool. However, we got there, and the place where the pool was on Google Earth had NO TRACE of there ever being a pool there(photos attached). It was nothing but dead grass, and the landscape too natural looking to have been filled in. It was like the Google Earth pool had been modeled and added in the program. I asked the front desk if there was a pool and the guy said no. So to me, that whole thing was very wrongfully deceiving. After that, the next thing we noticed was how slow the internet was. This isn't something THAT bad to be able to complain about, but we soon discovered that the internet would also go out for us several times a day, forcing us to call the support line every time. We thought it would stop eventually, but no. We have been here almost 2 weeks and the internet has gone out for us an average of 4 times a day. I have probably called literally about 30-40 times in the past 10 days we have been here, and each call takes about 20-30 minutes. Once, I was on the phone for an hour and a half, as the person didn't seem to know what she was doing(I should've hung up and called back). The problem every single time is that they have to restart access points, something like that. The people on the line don't even say or do anything about the fact that I've called so much, and I know that they know, as I tell them, and I even have my own case number, which I have obviously memorized by now. How I have the patience for this, I'm not sure. And this is obviously not a simple "turn your wifi on and off" problem, even though they tell me to try that EVERY TIME. And when our internet does work, it is extremely slow(YouTube videos on 360p take forever to buffer, and you can forget about playing them on HD). I can understand slow, but what we had to go through with the calling is insane. Even as I'm typing I'm on the phone right now (I loaded this page and tried surfing on another tab later). This is actually the 5th time I’ve called today since getting home from work 3 hours ago; today is especially bad.

Those two things were enough for me to rate this place a one. But there a few more smaller things. When we got here, the utensils weren't even clean. Also, the area is VERY bad, and there isn't anything to do within walking distance(we have no car here). Also, I don't know if it's just our room, but it's impossible to get the water to a good medium temperature. If it's too cold, we turn it little by little, with no change in temperature, then once we hit a certain point in turning, it suddenly becomes way too hot, and vice versa. Also, the whole place just looks completely run down and as if it's literally falling apart. It's more like a travel inn, not a hotel. Oh and there is a laundry room, but it costs $2 to wash(detergent not included) and another $2 to dry. And they do support a fitness center, but it's not part of the complex; you have to drive to get there. Other than these things, it lives up to the price you pay. But these things I mentioned, especially the first two and especially if you rely a lot on the internet, make it a place to avoid at ALL COSTS.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently booked this motel with a last minute travel package I purchased, in order to save some money. Believe me, it totally wasn't worth it. I requested a non-smoking room, which reeked of cigarette smoke and upset my allergies. I sneezed most of the time I was there. The air conditioner did not work, the room was hot, and I hardly got any sleep. One thing everyone should know before booking this motel for multiple days is that housekeeping does not service the rooms. Apparently, from what I've read on other reviews, they only clean the rooms once a week or after a guest leaves. From what I understand, if you do want your room cleaned while you're there, they charge a fee for doing so. Not to mention, housekeeping does a very poor job of cleaning the rooms anyway. The rooms are still filthy. When talking about seedy motels, this one meets up to everything that anybody would expect. When I complained about the cigarette smell, the owner actually had the nerve to insult my intelligence by lying to me, saying the smoke came from the vents in the smoking rooms upstairs. When, in fact, the rooms do NOT have vents. Then, he let me use a bottle of Febreeze to spray in the room to attempt to cover up the odor, which only made it worse, and it only lasted for a short time. After I complained about the air conditioning several times, one of the employees moved me to the room next door. AMAZING... All of a sudden, the smell of cigarette smoke disappeared. Apparently, the alleged smoke from the other rooms didn't make it through the "vents" next door. However, not to my surprise, the air conditioning in the other room didn't work either. The room was hot, and I still got very little sleep. I advise anyone trying to save money, to pay $10 or $15 more and stay somewhere else. At least maybe, you'll get a room that clean, where the air conditioner works and doesn't reek of cigarette smoke. Even better, maybe you'll even get a place that serves a free continental breakfast, which this place does not provide. Or, at the very least, by paying a little more, you can find a place where the management is honest. To sum things up, this place should not even be considered a motel. In my book, it is below a one star rating. This place should be demolished and torn down to the ground. The facility is old and far outdated. The owner does not deserve to be in business.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more and go somewhere else. Any money you spend on this dump is not worth it!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I apologize for the experience you had during your stay. I have shared your comments with my staff and we reevaluating our inspection process to ensure that your experience is not repeated in the future. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Feedback such as yours helps us improve the service we provide to our guests. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at dlw2@extendedstay.com if you would like to discuss further. We would love the opportunity to serve you better should your travels bring you to our area in the future.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West? Share your experiences!