“Hobo Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West

You added Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   715 Kipling Street, Lakewood, CO 80215-5824 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Montgomery, Texas, United States
“Hobo Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Room smelled like someone had cured tobacco in there! Truly awful. The lady next door had a dog that barked a lot. I saw a good number of homeless people walking around the parking lot. They do not have parking to accommodate an oversized pickup truck. Many people complained about the truck blocking sidewalk or entrance but we were stuck because they do not have the parking for a truck this size. (Double cab with extended bed 3/4 ton) Hooters next door was loud. Busy intersection was hard to get in and out. I would have never stayed if I would have known. The ceiling in the bathroom was rotting and falling down, floor was sticky with urine! They say pots & pans but all I had was a dirty pan with a lid that 3 sizes to big for it. Frig was broken and all my snacks were frozen when we left. Yuck!

Room Tip: Do not stay here ever!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Adrian S, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your experience was not a pleasant one. In response to your feedback, I am mentoring each team member and also I am inspecting each guestroom to ensure that this does not occur in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can improve in the areas as needed. I hope that you will contact me directly, at dlw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Yes, I agree with others saying it's shabby. Hot water works off and on and absolutely poor wi-fi. You get a signal then it stops in less than 5 minutes. We stayed a week and needed it badly. They had us talk to tech support to no avail. The pillows were flat and only 2. Hooters is next door and is noisy.

Room Tip: Not facing Hooters
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fyzal I, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Good Afternoon:
I am very sorry about your substandard stay with us at the Extended Stay Hotel in Lakewood-West, Colorado. I will pass on the information about the WIFI to upper management as I am hoping for an upgrade in the near future. I am also replacing the aged furniture we have in a few guestrooms and am also implementing some positive changes as well.
If you are ever in the Lakewood area please contact me at 303-275-0840 so I can welcome you back and also for you to give us another chance to fix your previous stay with us.
Thank you again for your stay with us, for your comments and your continued loyalty with Extended Stay Hotels.

Best Regards,

Fyzal Ishahak
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

everything was great, but they didn't have any extra pillows. the area was centraly located near alot of restuarants and shopping malls, and a grocery store . the interstate was a few miles away but that really wasn't a problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. I do apologize that we were unable to provide you with extra pillows; however, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and the amenities we offered on-site.

Saukvi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Staff was helpful and friendly. Room clean but shabby. property needs a MAJOR facelift. This is Lakewood, I would expect better. The city should expect better. Stayed for the kitchen mainly in a suite where there was no bedroom door. Should have an air conditioner in both rooms. Things were missing, but we did get those items. Lighting TERRIBLE in the room. Stairwells completely dark at night. Most guests friendly, but to the staff's credit, they did kick an unruly family out. Plenty of hot water, bath plumbing in good condition. Being there would make me afraid to go there again for fear of what other guests leave behind!!!

Room Tip: Don't get a suite here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel.  I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff.  Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account.  You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I booked this online based on the price and photos. It was only $20 cheaper per night compared to some other area hotels, but was far below in quality. The photos make it look clean but simple, which would have been fine. However, the room looked really shabby in reality. The sofa sleeper that my child would have to sleep on, I wouldn't have wanted to touch, much less sit or sleep on. The carpet was ancient. The walls had been painted and it was supposedly a non-smoking room, but I have allergies and could tell immediately that it had been a smoking room at some point. The whole place just seemed really run down. The quality makes you question the cleanliness and worry about bedbugs, etc. Go over to the Hampton Inn if you want a proper hotel (maybe 20% more expensive, but about a hundred times nicer).

I will say that the receptionist at the front desk was extremely kind and helpful when we checked in. After seeing the room, we explained that it wasn't what we were looking for, and she issued me a refund right away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel.  Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff.  I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Our company strives to provide great rooms which are clean and comfortable for our guests to enjoy. Housekeeping keeps them in top-notch shape by cleaning them at least once every 7 days, additional days in between if requested by a guest and after each guest checks out of the hotel. I apologize if we did not meet our quality standards in your case and will work with my staff to ensure this type of situation does not happen again.

As well, our hotel provides basic amenities in all of the rooms. While this does not include shampoos, soap or hair dryers, a guest can go to our Front Desk where we do keep a limited supply of these sundries to be enjoyed complimentary. I will definitely speak to the team about communicating this better upon check-in.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had bedbugs while I was at this hotel. They gave me another room and washed all my clothes for me, so I appreciated that, but was not happy with the fact that I had to put up with the bugs for any time. I had welts all over my arms and some on my legs and face. I left after one night in the second room. I was just too freaked out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.  Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff.  Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.  You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

this place is gross! the staff was dirty and rude, and i had to buy blankets to sleep on the bed...not in it! there were hairs and other unknown "stuff" on the sheets! it was the worst money i have ever spent to stay in a hotel that was offered up by expedia.

Room Tip: there are several other hotels to choose from further north on Kipling and I70 frontage road. i wish...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for the constructive review and we apologize for your unpleasant experience. This information is invaluable to us as we are continually looking for ways to improve our service. Please be assured that this feedback has been discussed with our staff and we have reestablished existing processes in order to prevent these issues moving forward. Again, thank you for the information and we hope that you might consider us in the future.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West? Share your experiences!