“A Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“A Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

My family and I stayed here on a recent trip to Denver and we had a great experience. Breakfast each day was well stocked. The bedrooms were nice and while it's not in Denver, it was very easy to go a few miles down and take the light rail in to watch the Phillies play the Rockies. Also, the drive to Red Rocks and to Mt. Evan's was easy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I lost my phone down the drain at this hotel, completly my fault. It was my Iphone that had memories of texts that I kept after just losing a best friend to colon cancer. I cried and this young man Cameron did everything in his power to get my phone out somehow! He didn't know the story or anything, he just litterally jumped to help.He used everything they had! It might have just been an Iphone but it had memories, precious memories that'd I wouldnt have gotten back if he didnt get my phone for me. Without him knowing about my friends texts he got me back m ty phone before the storm hit and rain washed in this tunnel that was locked. I have never been so impressed with the service we receive there every year! We go to Bandimere to race and let me tell you everytime I come back in the Hotel I get greeted with a huge smile and friendly welcome like they knew me well before this happend haha! But this is the best place to stay hands down! They take amazing care of you and I had to share my story because Cameron you were a lifesaver.. Sometimes people don't know the situation or storys but I do hope you read this. Thank you for saving my phone and my memories! See what kinda of service you get here people??! Amazing!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Solomons, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Greetings,

The standout was the staff - every staff member I encountered or had interactions with were helpful and pleasant in every way, no matter the time of day or night, no matter if it was the GM, the front desk or the room attendants.

Location was good, walking distance to Old Chicago (great gourmet style pizzas, excellent beers and they have NTN Buzztime Trivia as well!) and although you have to cross a busy 4 (or 6) lane, also an excellent Mexican restaurant that I cannot remember the name of.

The hotel was somewhat dated ... furniture was a little worn and the TV's although there was an abundance of them, were all quite dated and detracted from the numerous channel offerings. Also the HVAC unit was a bit loud in the living and 2nd bedroom.

Otherwise a nice stay and met our need fine. The stay was focused around a reunion with a dear friend - we hadn't seen each other in 10+years, and a show @ Red Rocks

Be well.

David

Room Tip: Just ask ... they readily accomodated my requests.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Park City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I needed to spend several days on the SW of Denver. I didn't want to eat out alone so I chose this hotel with breakfast included and a little kitchen. It was just the ticket. The kitchen had a small dining area. A separate sitting and desk was a nice touch. The room was large and comfortable and the bed was comfortable. Why do hotels forget to keep the beds comfortable? All in all, it was a treat.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Sheridan, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

They provide a "Hot Breakfast" which would be true if the lounge wasn't kept at a temperature at which you could hang meat. The hot breakfast is cold by the time you get to your table. The eggs are dry and severely overcooked. Taste like they were microwaved. The waffle batter is the consistency of milk, and the coffee tends to be shockingly strong and also overcooked. Yes, it is possible to burn coffee.

The laundry and dry cleaning service is arm and leg expensive. $7 just to launder a single pair of pants. (notice I didn't say "Dry clean") The on site laundry room is a bust. The machines only cost a buck (up side) but after two cycles through the dryer (two bucks) my single pair of blue jeans and two flannel shirts were still damp. Total fail.

This hotel is located about 1 mile from a terrific mall with great shopping, but good luck finding a place nearby where you can get an adult beverage to wash down the road dust. It's a good three miles to the nearest gin joint, and that's only if you like getting your poison from a chain restaurant with boring and redundant hipster decor.

Swimming pool and workout room is open 24 hours, another up side.

Staff is extremely polite, respectful and seem to be fairly competent.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

Good location to express way. We had top floor and a one bedroom suite. Plenty of parking outside. Great breakfast (french toast sticks, eggs, waffles, fruit, etc.) We were on our way to see Red Rocks Amphitheatre & whitewater rafting on Clear Creek (which was awesome!) so it worked out well.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Family of four stayed three nights with boys 10 and 7. Updated decor. Nice breakfast but breakfast area crowded. The last day they opened adjoining conference room which helped with seating. Pool is decent size and had plenty of towels. Quiet location and convenient to get to the interstate and highways.

The wireless internet was slow if I was sitting in bed but seemed to be better if I was in the kitchen area. Bring your own blow dryer - the ones they use overheat quickly.

We would return when we visit Denver again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood? Share your experiences!