“Amazing Burgers” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 349 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The Sporting News Grill is an exciting new sports bar and grill near Denver featuring big screen plasma TV's, outdoor patio seating, char-grilled steaks, seafood, sandwiches, great draft beers and friendly atmosphere. Sporting News Grill serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and room service.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing Burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were running around doing stuff for a good friend w/new baby and so we ate hear a few times over three nights. The burger was the best. My gf had an omelette that was ok. The place was slammed when she went in though. Not huge on chain restaurants but I would go back as they are consistently good.

Visited May 2013
granite_hotelmgr, Public Relations Manager at Sporting News Grill, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your review and for choosing Sporting News Grill when visiting the area. Consistency and quality are two of our main goals. So pleased to have met (and exceeded?!) your expectations.

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Before you go...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I wish we could say we had a good experience but we didn't. My husband and I both ordered the rib eye steak and jumbo shrimp. We got a salad first that was brown and wilted. My steak, which I ordered med. was about 1/4" think and very well done. My husbands garlic mashed potatoes were like paste, and our steamed veggies were almost raw. The shrimp was a joke. We got 4 med size shrimp that didn't taste very done. We would not recommend this to any of our friends, nor would we ever go back. So sad to waste our money.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sporting News Grill, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
(Written c/o Mike Sherman, Food and Beverage Director).
I've just read your review and am very concerned as your experience as described is not our standard of quality or service. After responding, I'll be investigating with the manager on duty, chef and servers as to what occured during your visit. I'd like to personally apologize and let you know your feedback has been heard and will be used to improve our services. Please know that we only use pure ingredients at the Sporting News Grill - nothing processed or canned. I hope that we will be able to earn your patronage back and show you the quality and excellence that is our standard.
Denver, Colorado
“Great home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The friendliness,knowledge, helpfulness. The sports bar
was great. Comfortable King bed. Location is close to anything
you want.

Visited January 2013
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sporting News Grill, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
So pleased you enjoyed both your visit to Sporting News Grill Lakewood but also your stay at our Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood. We appreciate the feedback and recommendation.
Eaton Rapids, Michigan
“I want them to move to where I live awsome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was in town on and I stopped in on a Thursday night and had dinner.Wow fast service and top rated food, I travel 12 states and eat out 3 to 4 times a week.
It was so good I had lunch on Friday as well, Chicken chill and club sandwich, It was great again and it took less than 7min after I ordered
I will be back and travel here again, The staff was great they spoke to me and used my name when asking me and others if they needed anything else.
This is a place that I would want to own.
Jim

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sporting News Grill, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review and recommendations. We truly appreciate the feedback.. it's always great from a managment perspecitive, to know what your team is doing RIGHT as well as what they can improve upon. We do look forward to seeing more of you in 2013. Until then, safe travels and happy holidays.
California
“Before you get that refill...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hit the Sporting News Grill for dinner on a Thursday in October 2012 because it was nearby my hotel (the restaurant is actually attached to a hotel, just not mine) and wasn't a national chain. As others have said, there are numerous TVs throughout the restaurant: both Thursday Night Football and MLB Playoffs were on when I was there. Sat in a booth near a small water feature meant to soothe the sounds of the games I suppose. Ordered a Monte Cristo and a Diet Coke (yes I know the sandwich is battered and fried and the Diet Coke aint saving me much in the way of calories!) Ordered onion rings to complete the battered and fried theme. The sandwich was good: crisp on the outside and gooey melted cheese with decent quantity of meat on the inside. The ham was a little salty, but not too overpowering. The rings tasted like they came out of a bag.

Finished it all down with a refill if Diet Coke, and it was time to visit the restroom to at least wash the nice sheen off my hands and lips. There is no restroom actually in the restaurant: I had to exit to the hotel lobby, then down a corridor and around a corner past the elevators to find the facilities. The trek seemed a bit long and strange to me; I am just glad I was only drinking Diet Coke. I wonder how many cheering celebratory sports fans get lost on the way or on the way back.

Next time, I'm leaving a bread crumb trail...just not from the Monte Cristo: I ate that whole thing and thought about licking the plate.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sporting News Grill, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Sporting News Grill on your recent visit to the Lakewood. We enjoyed reading your informative (and humorous!) review. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again on a future visit to the Lakewood/Denver area.