“Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston
“Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I give this hotel 5 stars. The hotel was clean and I just loved the room. I liked that the business center had 3 computers to use. Usually, I have to wait to use a computer. This hotel is close to the Red Rocks, Golden, and Idaho Springs where I went white water rafting.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, October 7, 2014
Thank you for the 5 star review and for including the Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood on your rafting vacation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 6 days on business last week. I was greeted by very friendly front desk staff upon arrival and found the room to be comfortable. It's important to note this is an older Holiday Inn but they have updated the rooms. I did find the rooms a little smaller than some of the newer hotels - but it was clean, offered everything required for an extended stay (fridge, reliable wifi, iron, etc).
Our group made use of the complimentary shuttle daily - this was an added feature for sure. Made getting to/from our training event a breeze.
The staff went out of their way to ensure my stay was pleasant by providing me with a tea kettle for my evening tea - it sounds simple but it really made by stay a lot more enjoyable to have comforts of home available to me.
The housekeeping staff on my floor (I was room 548) was impressive - my room was pristine every afternoon that I got back.
I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Housekeeping staff on 5th floor were great. I had a view of pool - less highway noise
Green Features: Typical practice and followed by staff. Impressed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and will share your feedback with our team. Thanks for the recommendation!
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Denver for business. It was very clean and comfortable. The pool is small, but lap swimming is possible. Staff was consistently pleasant and helpful. The restaurant serves standard american food, nothing special, but it's centrally located, so there are many other options.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the 5-star review!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Literally it stinks. In desperate need of an update. Since opening, probably in the 90's, nothing has changed; decor, beds, bathrooms, etc. stained towels, dirty carpets, broken shower faucets, and moldy grout are only a few things wrong with my room. I traveled with a group of people and all had the same complaints. The sports bar downstairs is worse then applebees with a crappy menu and grouchy staff. I actually overheard the waitresses complaining about people complaining to the front desk. Stay anywhere else but here.

Stayed July 2014
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Please accept our apologies that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Though we haven't received complaints regarding smell previously, we are very concerned that it was an issue for you and your group during your recent stay. We are investigating and will certainly address the cause of the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future when your travels bring you to the Denver area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The smell in my room was the biggest challenge. The room was pretty standard and generally clean. I thought perhaps it was just my room but a colleague I was traveling with had the same issue and his room was on a different floor. If I travel in this area again I'll be staying somewhere else.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Please accept our apologies that your room did not meet your expectations. Based on reading your review we are working with our Housekeeping Manager and service team to ensure the issue is resolved. It's only through guests such as yourself who make us aware of concerns and issues, that we are able to address them to ensure they are not repeated for future guests and your own future visits.
Oro Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here for a wedding that was in Littleton and I didn't have a lot of expectations but this place surprised me. First impressions was the hotel is a little difficult to find as we got lost, although we were close so I called the hotel and they actually sent someone to get us! The hotel had excellent customer service from check in to the housekeeping. The rooms were clean, quiet and a little larger than standard rooms although the bed was too hard for my liking. The hotel was convenient with the Restaurant/ Bar downstairs perfect for breakfast or having a drink so nice having a place right in the hotel, also their are a few restaurants within walking distance (Old Chicago & Denny's). I'd stay here again if in the Denver area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hallway are very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to your next visit to the Denver area!
Lehi, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our stay at the Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood was very good. There was not a lot of uniqueness to our stay, but the bed was very comfortable, air conditioning worked well, and there was very little to no noise that we could hear from other rooms. Location was good, price was fair. We did not use many of the extras like pool, hot tub, or restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Been to Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood? Share your experiences!