“Unbelievable staff” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saginaw, MI
“Unbelievable staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have never stayed at a hotel with such great service! From check-in, to the bar and restaurant, front desk assistance with information to downtown, to the free shuttle service to the light rail. You people are doing things right!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We'll pass them along to our entire team. We love hear that we are doing it right!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel for my 3 night stay. I was in town for my friends wedding and I had a lot of spare time before and after the wedding festivities. The first day, I was greeted to the friendliest woman who checked me in and took the time to answer my questions and organize the shuttle for me. As the days and nights went on, I realized that every person I interacted with was so friendly and helpful. The maintenance department gave me rides on the shuttle to the local malls and each one was as friendly as the next. I ordered room service on two occasions and the gentlemen who delivered the food was absolutely wonderful and so professional. The housekeeping department was so polite and did a fantastic job on the room each day. The hotel appeared to be very busy as there were many people in and out of the lobby and many cars in the parking lot, however the staff never made it seem as though they were busy or had other things to do. I have traveled all over the world and have stayed in many hotels however I have never experienced a team as professional and kind as this team. I went into Denver which is so convenient using the light rail system in Englewood. The staff helped me organize my trip to Denver. If I were on undercover boss, Holiday Inn would have been very proud of the work by this amazing group of people. I will return to Denver and I will stay at this hotel!! Thank you so much for all you did to make my stay so amazing!!

• Stayed February 2014
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for your kind and detailed review. We truly appreicate your recognition and feedback and will share with our team. Safe Travels until you return to Denver.
CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed here recently for 2 nites and 3 days. The hotel is easy to find with plenty of parking. We arrived to find a clean and lovely room waiting for us. Too tired to drive around to find a place to eat, we went downstairs to the eatery attached to the hotel and had an excellent meal served by a great staff. Had breakfast the next morning (Caytlin was our terrific waitress) to an equally tasty and beautifully presented meal. That night we ate dinner again there and were very pleased. The hotel staff was always helpful for our stay and we would recommend this hotel highly. Easy on and off from 285 to jump onto C-470 and I-70 or I-25 (don't go thru town as the traffic is crazy and more traffic lights than you can stand!). We'll go back on our next getaway to Denver.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor so the noise was minimal
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for your recommendation (and great driving directions!)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on business and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was updated with modern decor and the rooms are clean. I was invited to the Managers Reception on the 6th floor which was a nice treat with free drinks and some appetizers. The service was great at the reception desk. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind recommendation. Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations from service, to amenities and overall experience. It's a pleasure to hear when we've done just that. Safe Travels!
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I know people laugh at the idea of "status" with the Holiday Inn chain, but my Priority Club visa got me quite a few perks last week. My husband had a conference to attend at the hotel and we arrived around 9:30 a.m.--I assumed I would hang around the lobby, maybe go for a drive, just fiddle around until whatever check in time was. But when we went to the front desk and showed our loyalty card and branded credit card, we were given immediate access to a room on the "club" floor. What a difference that made it my comfort for the day--especially seeing that normal check in time was 4:00 p.m.! A really wonderful breakfast was included on the club floor as well. And the front desk staff was just exceptional--very professional, courteous, efficient. All in all, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed the 'perks' of being an IHG Rewards member! Your comments are appreciated.
Duncan, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed a couple nights midweek, hotel is as nice as any holiday inn. What sets this one apart is if you stay on Wednesday and are a rewards member, they have the best reception of any in the chain I've seen. They had excellent appetizers and an open bar. Quite a surprise and different than most. So get your rewards card and stay here. Karen is great and is there to help with any questions. Just a great different benefit that most hotels don't have.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you! We are so pleased you enjoyed our Wednesday Night Manager's Reception. We will also pass along your kudos to Karen.
Titusville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Whenever the wife and I stay in Colorado, we stay here. We never had a bad stay. The hotel is centrally located and close to Denver, and Red Rocks. Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, smoking rooms. Great rates.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for continuing to choose Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood when travelling to the Denver area. We appreciate the feedback!

Been to Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood? Share your experiences!