“Customer Service & Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 27 hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Customer Service & Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of a trip for one night and then last minute for 2 nights when some other plans we had made cancelled. The first night (4/26) Sara & Sarah (sp?) helped me out with an early check in. They were professional and very friendly. On May 9th I called around 7:30pm and spoke with a nice gentleman and explained I needed last minute reservations as something had fell through. I wish I had his name as he held the room for me while we decided what to do then when I called back he set up everything based on the info in the system (very helpful)...this made things much easier.

Both stays were very solid, although we did end up in a room w/a sink that didn't drain well (Rm#225) but didn't report it because we were mostly out of the room and got in late that first night. The hotel was booked solid so I assume things were already a little crazy. In any case, great hotel, would stay there again if the rate is right.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased that you enjoyed (both) stays with us. Thank you, as well, for mentioning the drainage in 225, It helps us a great deal when guests let us know of a problem so that we can fix it quickly and efficiently - avoiding further inconvenience for you and potentially others.

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Madison, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Overall, this is a nice enough hotel for the price (less than $100 per night), which is really reasonable in today's economy. Its in a safe location an reasonably set back from the six or is it eight lane road.

I was staying here for business and a set of unfortunate events conspired to make this an unpleasant stay. Let me add the caveat that I was here for some pretty intensive business and that I do not sleep well without sleep meds in hotels. That said, my group was supposed to be in rooms on the Executive floor. Top floor, key access only - less chance of crying babies or partying adolescents. But no, I got put in a regular room and was not informed of this down grade. There is no sound proofing in the rooms - you can hear everything going on in the hall. But you can try to off set it with white noise from the incredibly loud window unit, analog HVAC system.

Some of the staff is rude an unprofessional. While others are friendly and helpful and the apex of customer service. There were barking dogs (yes, on the room floors), a partying sports team, and Nick's room-mate locked out of the room banging on the door very loudly to be let in while Nick slumbered on. Now none of this is the hotel staff's fault, but upon check-in, I had said I was here for some pretty intense business and needed as quiet a room as possible. NOT. I know for a fact that a number of my business colleagues checked-in many hours after myself and some were NOT Priority Club members, but they still got executive floor rooms.

The breakfast was standard fare for a "convenience level" hotel. The array of breads, bagels and english muffins with the requisite toppings available such as butter, cream cheese, jams and peanut butter. They also had fruit, powdered eggs, bacon and french toast. Something for everyone

The attached sports bar was cozy and what you would expect from a sports bar. The staff there was quick, efficient and friendly. There was a reasonable selection of beers on tap.

The rooms were OK. Everything appeared to be cleaned. The in-room refrigerator is a plus. I never like tha nnalog window HVAC. The room was constantly too hot or too cold. The sheets were clean, but scratchy. The coffee maker is housed in the bathroom, not terribly hygenic, but at least they have one.

The hotel has a pool, hot tub and fitness center which seemed adequate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Let us first apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. We make every effort to accommodate guest requests, especially with companies such as yours. You are correct, during your stay it was a very very busy week at the hotel that included sports teams. Some individuals are rather boisterous, but our service team is trained to address instances when we are apprised.
Though we are not perfect, be assured we work diligently to, when an error has been made or if issues arise, we work with our guests to make it right in an effort to allow our guests to fully enjoy their stay.
We do appreciate you reaching out, as it's guest reviews and comments that help our entire team to improve and escalate our level of services going forward.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here during a trip to Denver for a funeral. The hotel made my stay very nice. The hotel has been recently updated and it's very nice. The bed is comfortable and the linens are crisp and the TV is large with a lot of channels. The front desk staff was very friendly and quick even when I checked in at 11PM.

The location is wonderful, right off of 285. There are many restaurants near the hotel and it's close to everything in Lakewood/SW Denver.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased that you found our location convenient and were able to meet your needs during your recent visit. We hope when you return, it will be under happier circumstances.
Crested Butte, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My experience from check-in to check-out could not have been better. The front desk staff, housekeeping, the breakfast lounge, restaurant and bar - everyone was courteous and highly competent in their individual duties and responsibilities. I stayed for two (2) nights during this visit and I have already booked another stay when I come back through Denver in about ten (10) days.

Room Tip: Stay on the secure 6th Floor if available.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
On behalf of our entire team here at the Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, Thank you! Not only for the kind recommendation, but for making us your hotel of choice when visiting the area. We look forward to your next visit in the next few days.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was on a seminar at this property. Everything was very clean, the staff was friendly. The room was well prepared for our meeting. If we needed any supplies the associates were happy to help. I did not stay in a room as we were at a seminar. The lobby area was clean. When I asked for directions to the room I was given the correct direction.

Room Tip: I did not stay in a room as I was here for a seminar.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you found our staff and facilities accommodating while attending the seminar in the Denver/Lakewood area.
Gunnison, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This Holiday Inn is typical of the chain. Convenient, affordable and clean. It is located in a "cluster" of hotels in Lakewood so it accommodates large groups such as sports teams. We booked through a third party site and received a really great deal for our two nights. I always prefer to book directly with the hotel but sometimes you just can't beat a great deal (especially when you are in a hotel room on a weekly basis). I am very particular about noise in a hotel room and this one was nice and quiet. The restaurant that is attached to the hotel is convenient, stays open late and was able to help me heat up some soup that I had brought with me (special dietary restrictions). The pool in outdoors which is unfortunate in this state because that means that is is closed more than half of the year. We did visit the hot tub area which was very spacious, clean and relaxing. We will be back in that area in 3 weeks and will probably book again at this hotel (if the kids don't demand a hotel with a swimming pool).

Room Tip: The rollaway beds are quite uncomfortable for anyone who weighs more than 50 pounds so if you have k...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your review and for choosing Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood when your travels bring you to the Denver area. We love being your 'family friendly' hotel. Please note - we ALWAYS offer the same rates (or better) by booking directly. If you find a rate out there on a third party that is lower.. please let us know... we'll meet or beat it! Looking forward to seeing you in 3 weeks! (Tell the kids not to worry, pool will be open soon! Typically mid-April depending on the weather).
Pueblo West, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've stayed here many times during my working career and they expertly maintain this property and continue to update. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and quiet. They have a very good restaurant/sports pub within the property. There is also an Old Chicago and Denny's across the street (short walking distance). We were in town for the National Western Wild West Show and stayed two days before heading to Estes Park It is also a short drive to the Asian District with some marvelous and authentic restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you.. for choosing Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood for both your business travel needs... as well as your personal travel. We do appreciate your commments and recommendation.

Been to Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood? Share your experiences!