“Over charger and no refund!” 1 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, California
“Over charger and no refund!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

my wife and i spend the weekend there on our firts trip to Denver and we chose this location because it was closed by a place we were visiting, but as soon as we arrived they told us that the price of the room change and we have too pay the difference so i did not have any choice but to pay (it was 1am) i was too tired to find another hotel.

NEVER AGAIN WITH HOLIDAY INN
two great things they do have! 1.Room service 2.Great food

Room Tip: dont do it!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Though we do not nightly change fees once a guest has booked a reservation, if a guest arrives before significantly check-in time at 4pm, there may be an additional fee. Though we are very lax on this 'rule' and allow early check-ins as much as possible, in this case, we show the arrival time at 1am the day of arrival which is 15 hours prior to check-in time. This was the reason for the additional day's charge. We apologize if this caused frustration or if this was not made clear upon making your reservation. We will work on clarifying our communications in this regard. We do appreciate your understanding.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
bloomington, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Lakewood while visiting with friends in the Denver and Morrison Area. This is a great location...close to Denver and a 30 minute drive up the Front range and into the Rockies. We stayed on the 6th Floor Executive level which included breakfast on weekday mornings...which was excellent. We even got familiar with the surrounding neighborhood and took some great walks and runs.
Nice outdoor pool and workout area, as well...no complaints on this one!

Room Tip: If you are going to be here for a few days during the week...add a few $$$ to the tab and request an...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and took good advantage of our convenient location near Denver, the Rockies and more! We appreciate that you took the time to leave your comments!
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We are so thankful to Ginger and her fellow workers for the excellent service. We
had to come to Denver to help our son with a medical problem and stayed over 14 days.
We have a business in Hawaii and I have to say, we got the Five Star Aloha Treatment.
Holiday Inn Lakewood Management keep taking care of your workers, because this
businessman wants to hire them in Hawaii.

Aloha
B&S Dwyer

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
On behalf of Ginger and our entire team here at the Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, thank you for your high praise. We know that it's difficult to be away from home, even more so when faced with the stress of medical issues. Thank you for allowing us to be your host hotel. We are so pleased that we were able to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and bring a little of your 'Aloha spirit' to your visit to Denver.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago for business and really enjoyed the hotel's facilities. I stayed on the second floor so I didn't have much of a view but the room was clean and comfortable. The Sports Grill was ok, drinks were reasonable, but on a side note, I noticed the blonde bartender delivering beer to a room on my floor rather late one night. I didn't know i could get room service from the bar to my room, now that's service. Front desk folks and cleaning staff were very polite and professional. Plenty of things to do during my down time; a nice scenic area as well

Overall a nice place, and plenty of other places around to grab a bite, so a meal or two at the Sports Grill worked out ok. I'd stay there again, especially since the staff was so polite and eager to please. .

Room Tip: Ask for something on the higher floors, maybe you'll get a view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the comments, feedback and recommendation. Looking forward to your next visit.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. Staff was good, location was good. close to restaurants and a strip mall.Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again on another visit to Southern California.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stay at this hotel pretty frequently on my trips to Lakewood. I think the hotel is average, but I have been consistently disappointed by the Sports Grill - the hotel restaurant. I also have been disappointed over the housekeeping staff not refilling my inroom coffee (paper) cups. I have noticed that a lot of Holiday Inn's seem to have inconsistent housekeeping staff that seem to not give guests shampoo or in this case, coffee cups. It's that big of a deal, but I really like using the insulated cups for a cup of coffee than a glass cup or plastic cup.

I have had OK experience with this property, but this visit fell well below standards and I doubt that I will be coming back to this property. There were too many problems and I am a Platinum member of the Holiday Inn club. When a Platinum member opts out of staying at a hotel, there are some problems. I think the hotel is more interested in Priority Club Members who are NOT Platinum, which is something that I frankly don't understand. On Wednesday's the hotel offers a "Manager's Receiption" and come to find out that I was on the Executive Level Floor, I was told that I was NOT invited to the receiption. I am guessing that a Platinum Member is not appreciated at this hotel. Keep that in mind when booking this hotel.

I will be staying at other hotels in the area where frequent customers are more apppreciated.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Let us first apologize that your recent stay with us fell below your expectations. We hold ourselves to very high standards, in terms of services and amenities... higher than (we feel) even Holiday Inn brand standards. One of our standards (which, based on your review, we've reviewed with our entire team) focuses on Platinum Members of Priority Club (meaning travelers who are members of Priority Club and travel almost exclusively at Holiday Inn's thus receiving a Platinum status). For these loyal guests, our standard is to recognize their status at check-in (Platinum or Gold), they are treated to our Executive Breakfast Monday -Friday in the Executive Lounge and are invited to our reception on Wednesday nights in the Executive Lounge, and when we have availability, upgrades are free to Platinum members. These are our standards... the 'minimum' level of service one can expect. Though we'll be contacting you directly to obtain more details from you about your stay, on behalf of the entire hotel team at the Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, we'd like to apologize for your stay with us being anything less than exceptional.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My Wife and I decided to get away to Denver for the weekend. We had read reviews of this site and were quite pleased and booked our reservation. Although there was a booking issue the staff worked hard to resolve the issue. When we arrived we were greeted with a smile upon checking in at 5AM and discovered that we were upgraded to the executive suite due to the reservation issue.
The lobby was inviting with the fireplace in the center. The front was nicely lit. Very relaxing environment.

Everything was perfect in the room, temperature, lighting, view, bed, etc. The room service was excellent, everyone had a smile and was in a good mood. For staying such a short time in Denver only about a day and a half we were quite pleased. On our next visit to Denver we will return to this Holiday Inn and it will be for a longer visit.

Room Tip: The 6th floor is very quiet - Highly recommend
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood for your Denver Getaway! Though never like to have any issues, reservations or otherwise, we realize they do occur. Our main goal when a problem does arise is to resolve it quickly and efficiently and allow you to fully enjoy your stay with us. We are so pleased you were impressed with our amenities and service. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit to Denver.

Been to Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood? Share your experiences!