“asian/sushi excellence IN LAKEWOOD!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 340 restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Golden, Colorado
“asian/sushi excellence IN LAKEWOOD!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have heard so many times about this place. Yet did not experience it till last week. Experience it truly was. The ambiance beats ALL THE OTHERS. The music, is eclectic, the food is excellent, the prices were well justified, and the sushi showmanship cannot be compared. Executive Chef Mike, and Josh, are anxious to see you satisfied. The door man greeted you as though they had been waiting all day for your arrival. All sushi restaurants should take lessons from these guys. It is busy for a reason.

• Visited October 2012

80% Recommend
Lakewood, Colorado
“We LOVE Ghin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This past year my boyfriend and I moved into a nice little apartment together; the perk being that our favorite restaurant is now right down the street! We attend happy hour at least once a week, note that once a week is a minimum. However, even on days that we want to have a nice dinner we will stop by not worrying about paying full price for the best sushi in all of Colorado! The Thai Tea is fantastic, I can't help but getting one every time! The food is beyond incredible, always fresh, flavorful, and appealing to the eye! The service is always great, though we often get teased about how much we enjoy meals there (Not that we mind!). I would recommend Ghin to anyone who loves Sushi and good service, because both are always the best in town! P.s. Tip your waiters well! They work hard for it!

• Visited July 2012
Evergreen, Colorado
“So much potential, such poor execution”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I really want to like this restaurant, and it has some great qualities, but it lets itself down in too many areas.

I went here with my family this evening and it started with us initially being seated in a back are of the restaurant that feels more like a closet than anything. After we asked for a different table, the location we were given was much better. While we were waiting, my wife and daughter went to the bathroom, and they described them as filthy, little better than a port-a-potty.

Once we were seated, things went somewhat better. The food was pretty good, but the service was less than adequate. There were four of us, and all four dishes were brought to the table at different times. In fact, my daughter had finished her meal before the last ones were were delivered. Then, the waiter tried to clear our plates before we were finished.

As I said in the title, this restaurant has so much potential, but severely lacks in the execution. I am not sure we will be back for a while.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood, Colorado
“Weekly Staple For Us - Ghin Exceeds ALL Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

If there is one restaurant that my wife and I attend regularly, it is Ghin. For sure, we can be found there every Tuesday evening around 6pm, sitting at the sushi bar holding happy conversations with sushi chefs Joshua, Mike and Schwan (The delightful owner we love to refer to as "Doug" - you would have to have been there to get the inside joke). Ghin has a wide selection of premium sushi rolls (including our favorite - the Spicy Mongoose!) as well as regular sushi rolls that are not only mouth-watering and delicious, but artfully prepared and pleasing to the eye. However, it is the $1.00 nigiri sushi menu that is the real attraction for most diners on Tuesday evenings 6pm-9pm. Spicy or poached scallops, cajun albacore, fresh tuna/salmon/yellowtail/red snapper (all offered spicy, raw or seared), spicy tuna shooters, octopus, shrimp, eel and so much more - all $1.00 each!! We LOVE Ghin and it is a regular stop for us because of both the food AND the service. The staff are excellent! HINT: Ask for Wes to serve you on your first visit - you will not be disappointed! Wes is like family to us now and we refer so many to his skillful and attentive service. Ghin and Tuk-Tuk, it's Thai sister restaurant next door are two of the best Oriental food experiences you can have anywhere in the Denver Metro area. Trust me, I have experienced almost every sushi restaurant in a thirty mile radius and Ghin is my choice for the best flavorful value in town! Try it, you will come back to this site and agree with our assessment - I promise. PS - Join their loyalty rewards club and experience a 10% discount with every $100 you spend!

• Visited February 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great sushi! $1/piece special on Tuesdays is awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

Great sushi! $1/piece special on Tuesdays is awesome!