“Best option for Lakewood/West Denver area.” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland
“Best option for Lakewood/West Denver area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I just stayed as I had business in the Lakewood area. I would assume this hotel was built in the early 80's and the general rooms have obviously been refreshed. As a Platinum SPG I was upgraded to suite 1203 which has not been upgraded and is in a Southwest motif with fixtures, lighting etc straight from the 80's. Had I not been just one night I would have been quickly back to the front desk to kindly request a regular room. One of my clients is a realtor who sold nearly 100 homes in the Golden area in the last year. He couldn't believe what I was describing so down the hill from Genessee he came with another of his realtors to see my suite! And yes he had a good laugh. That said, the staff is exceedingly gracious. The evening attendant in the club room is a stitch and doted on everyone and I would happily stay if I need to be in this area again. Normally I'm downtown at the Sheraton, but this easily fits the bill if one needs to be in the Lakewood area and wants quick access to I-70, Golden, Red Rocks etc. Standard Sheraton amenities and free parking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your compliments! Our large, themed suites are just what some customers are looking for and some prefer the more contemporary design of our deluxe guest rooms and Club rooms. We're happy to have options!

Best wishes in your travels,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Denton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I used to stay in hotels like this when I was a corporate honcho, but tend to stay in more moderately priced hotels since then. I chose to stay here on a business trip, though, because its location was absolutely ideal.

They gave me a room for Starwood Preferred Customers, even though I am not a member. The room was very large, very well equipped, spotlessly clean and extremely quiet. The bed was very comfortable and offered a wide selection of pillows. I got a great night's sleep and enjoyed the extra luxury.

The only shortcoming was the breakfast buffet, where I should have ordered a custom omelet. I chose the pre-cooked scrambled eggs for speed and they were cold. The overall breakfast buffet meal was about the same as moderately-priced hotels offer for free, but cost $11.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a nice view of downtown Denver. I don't know how much of a mountain...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your compliments. We're glad that you were able to treat yourself to a stay at the Sheraton Denver West and that you enjoyed the "extra luxury" and clean, quiet stay.

We will definitely look into the temperature of the scrampled eggs and are glad that you saw the cook-to-order omelette station as an option.

We'll hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes in your journeys,
colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed at this property before and it was fine. This time it was horrible! My room wasn't ready when I checked in which is no big deal but when I went to find a place to relax I found the lounge and the restaurant were closed. When I went to the temporary restaurant I was rudely informed it wasn't open until 5, just go order from room service please leave. (couldn't do that, I didn't have a room)
When I did get into my room the air system sounded like a train was going through the room. When I turned it off, because I couldn't hear the TV the room got very hot. The toilet ran every time it was flushed so I had to remove the back and manualy operate it each time.
When I went into the Club Lounge for breakfast the attendant could not have been more put off by my arriving at 8:15 when "I close at 8:30!" What do you want now?" (the front desk told me the breakfast stopped at 9:30) I had to beg her for some fruit and breakfast breads. It actually was so bad it was comical.
Long story...long I stay in hotels often and like to return to ones that at least try to make a night away from home comfortable. I will not return to this property. I do have to say that the front desk staff were nice and the room service waitress was exceptional, but it was sad to return to a place and have it change so drastically.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
We are sorry to have disappointed this guest. Our check in time of 3pm is always communicated during the reservation process and we were unable to provide a room for this guest's VERY early arrival. We love checking guests in early whenever possible and it was not our intention to upset this guest. We made every attempt in service recovery..

We wish this guest a peaceful journey.
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed her for 2 nights in early August. The staff at the front desk were very helpful, attentive, and friendly throughout our stay.

Our room was a good size, the bed was comfortable, and we didn't hear much noise from our 9th-floor room. The bathroom, however, could use some TLC. The tub, in particular, didn't drain very well, and it seemed to actually have a bump near the drain that resulted in water staying in the tub.

We took advantage of the stay 2-nights, get-40% off on the 2nd night, so the value was excellent.

The hotel is well located from Red Rocks and not too far from the city. However, as there's a lot of construction happening throughout the city - especially from the airport to western Denver - traffic can be a problem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments B. We're glad that you appreciated our excellent value and "very helpful, attentive and friendly" service from our team members. Our guest room bathrooms have all been recently updated. We will try to identify the bump in the tub and fix the problem.

Road construction needs to take place during the summer months in Colorado and congestion can occur throughout the state for that reason. We're sorry for any inconvenience you experienced in your commute.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just recently stayed here on a business trip. Friendly staff, room was large, clean, and comfortable, but needed to be updated. Located near a variety of restaurants. A little pricey considering the need for updating, but would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you Roger P. We're glad that you enjoyed your experience with our location, friendly staff and large, clean, and comfortable rooms. We'll look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes in you travels,
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We are locals to the Denver area and my wife stayed one night this past weekend to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. We actually had our reception at this hotel back in 2007 and came back 5 years later, to the day, to reminisce and enjoy a date night.

The staff are very nice, promptly welcomed us and as an added bonus to our anniversary, they sent a bottle of wine to our room for us to enjoy.

Our room was on the 12th floor, which is the Club Level. So it does cost more; but yet you get more in return. We stayed in a room on the 12th floor after our reception 5 years ago. They offer free beer and wine in the evening along with free appetizers. The breakfast buffet is also included the next morning.

The room was awesome (the large jacuzzi was an extremely nice touch especially for couples) and had a very comfortable king size bed.

If I were a traveler to the Denver area, I'd actually say the location is perfect. It's in a very safe part of town and has easy access to both the mountains and downtown Denver. Sixth Avenue (US 6) is a great freeway and can get you to both places within minutes. There are several restaurants (ranging from fast food to casual upscale) all within easy walking distance.

All in all I would strongly recommend the Sheraton for both locals looking for an escape and travelers looking for a quality hotel and a great location.

Room Tip: If you are willing to shell out more money, get a room on the 12th floor. Several of those rooms in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. K! I had just started working here when you were married on the 21st in 2007; and am delighted that we could be part of your celebration 5 years later!

Thank you very much for your generous compliments. We're glad that our hotel continues to be a special place for you and hope that we can share special moments in the future. Please let me know when you're visiting and I will be sure to help in any way I can.

Best wishes,
Deephaven, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I coach a youth softball team and we were staying at this property the last week of June, 2012. Rooms were great, pool was perfect with the hot weather. We had a situation where everyone had checked out of the hotel as we thought that we would not be playing the next day. We ended up winning and we then had to go back to the hotel and check back in, The Staff was great and they got us all back on the same floor and in close proximity to each other. At around 9:00 at night, we realized that we needed our uniforms cleaned and the local laundromats were closed. The bartender at the Red Rocks Grille, Ms. Miri Ladenburger, overheard our "predicament" and in my opinion, went above and beyond. First she offered to take our uniforms to her house and she would do the laundry and return them to the hotel early the next morning. Wow! what service. She eventually worked it out to have the staff stay and help us get the uniforms cleaned, folded and delivered to our rooms. Needless to say we left her a nice tip and we really appreciated the service! Thank you Miri and the Sheraton Denver West!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your compliments! We're glad that you enjoyed our hotel, pool and fantastic service team. Our employees are known for going above and beyond and we're glad that you were able to experience our service culture.

Best wishes in your travels,

Been to Sheraton Denver West Hotel? Share your experiences!