“A little ....tired” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Livermore, CA
“A little ....tired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2007

This is a great location on the west side of Denver, but the property is a little tired (old furniture and pealing wallpaper.. They do have the awesome sleeper beds but the room I stayed in smelled like smoke. Ironically there was a note on the desk saying that they will charge $150 if the room smells like smoke.

Front desk staff was great and helpful. I will look elsewhere to stay in the area next time.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Swampscott, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

We chose this hotel based on it's proximity to Red Rocks (20 min. away) and were very happy with it. The room was an "updated" king and had a nice view to the mountains. We stayed on the 11th floor. The place was clean, had a comfortable bed and a nice bathroom. Breakfast the first morning was ordered off the menu and took quite some time to arrive but was good. The next morning we did the buffet and that was NOT very good- hard waffles, tough eggs, so so pastries and all for $28 for 2 of us with coffee, tip, etc. That said, the hotel itself was just fine and we were pleased with the place and would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

Our room on the 3rd floor was spacious & had a great view of the city. It seemed to be clean, but it was hard to tell because the lighting was so dim we thought we were going blind. It was impossible to read in bed & my husband had trouble shaving because the lighting in the bathroom was equally poor. The beds were VERY comfortable and the staff was helpful & friendly without being intrusive. If they'd only replace those 20-watt light bulbs!!!

• Liked — Trade show we were attending was there
  • Disliked — Terrible lighting
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

Just returned from a 5 day 4 night stay at this property and had an excellent time with no problems with the two rooms we booked. One was a king suite on the club floor and the other was 2 queens on the 11th floor. From the time we checked in, to the moment we left, the reservation people continuously inquired as to what they could do to accommodate us or if there was anything they could do to make our stay more enjoyable? Each time we appeared in the lobby, someone asked us if everything was going allright and if we needed anything? The concierge made certain that if we needed reservations for dinner, she took care of them. The front desk, after we asked about evening nightlife, handed us a hand written list as to the popular places to dance and drink microbrews. We requested turn down service and within 10 minutes, it was done with sweets on the pillows, our complimentary robes laid out and soft music playing on the radio. We only had to request this service once and it was done the entire length of our stay. This treatment is normally only found in the B&B's we have stayed in and not the larger chain hotels. This Sheraton certainly strived to give us personal service with smiles and a genuine feeling that they enjoyed their jobs. All in all, we had no problems or concerns with anything and will return if we find ourselves in the Denver area again.

Stayed May 2007
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

I stayed at the Sheraton Denver West this weekend and I am so upset that I wasted my money. Problems started when I tired to check in. They did not have my reservation and when I showed them my confirmation that orbitz gave me they stuck their nose up and said it was orbitz fault and they had been having problems with reservations with them. Which, I know it wasnt there fault that orbitz messed up but they CHARGE my credit card for room and tax again even though I showed I paid in full for the room and they wont take the charges off.

The room was very lacking. Plenty of room for me and my family but many problems. The air condition unit near seemed to work and it took the front desk an hour to get someone up to our room to look at it. We couldnt even open the windows to get some air in. The hallway had the oldest looking carpet that needs to be cleaned and the walls look like they are cracking.

The one thing I do have to say is the housekeeping is at least very good at keeping the rooms clean. I stay at a lot of hotels and that is something that is very important for me, is to have a clean room. I can not fault housekeeping at this Sheraton. Just wish the rest of the hotel would be as nice. I dont know if I would go back there though.

• Liked — Clean room, nice job housekeeping
  • Disliked — Rest of hotel
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2007

We stayed here for the 5th Annual International Mead Festival. We are not picky travelers. A lot of times we stay at a Motel 6 or a Super 8 as long as they are CLEAN. Our stay was fine but,
being the Sheraton, we expected excellence. There were dirty and peeling spots on the wallpaper. the furniture was scuffed up. The knob in the shower was wobbly as was the whole sink fixture. We called to have them tightened. they said they did, it didn't seem to make a difference.
Our friends who paid a bit more didn't have any nicer of a room.
IT WAS CLEAN, the bed WAS very comfortable. I just expected more for the 4 star rating. Maybe these were older rooms and other people had newer rooms? I don't know. I WOULD stay there again, now that I know what to expect, but I wouldn't pay more than $80 for a room.

• Liked — comfortable bed
  • Disliked — jacuzzi in spa area didn't function properly, spa area closed too early
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

Rooms were nice and clean and not smelly. My room had 1 shower and 1 bathtub so it was nice for 3 people. I guess the rooms located by the elevator are a little bigger in size. The staff was great and extremely helpful. Twice we needed extra towels and they were brought up while we were gone and both times they called our room to confirm the towels had arrived. We asked the front desk for suggestions on places to eat at and were given restaurant discount coupons.

The (huge) downside was the hotel bar closed before 11pm on a Friday/Saturday night and only one of 3 restaurants in (safe) walking distance were open until 2am and that bar served very little variety of drinks other than margaritas. There is no breakfast other than room service or if you want to upgrade to the 12th floor club level for $30 extra a night. There was also no security in the parking lot and a few cars were vandalized (tires were flattened). The hotel was extremely apologetic but there was nothing they could do about it after the fact.

We did not visit pool or bar (they were closed) area so I’m unable to comment on those. I’d probably not stay there again because after I get back to the hotel from what I’m doing, I like to relax with a drink and since the bar closed before 11pm that was impossible. I also like the convenience of a small breakfast served at the hotel but overall, the hotel was nice and is a pretty good value. I’d recommend it

• Liked — hotel staff very nice and helpful
  • Disliked — bar closed early, no breakfast in morning other than room service
  • Tips/Secrets — bring own adult beverages and breakfast items unless you go to bed early and like to travel out in the morning for something to eat
  • Stayed August 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Sheraton Denver West Hotel? Share your experiences!