“Eleven Mile beauty is what you make of it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eleven Mile State Park Campground

Eleven Mile State Park Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
Eleven Mile State Park Campground
4229 County Rd. 92, Lake George, CO 80827-9201   |
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Eleven Mile beauty is what you make of it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you like beautiful sunsets, lake access, good fishing, and quiet camping then this is the place. As Eric C said bugs, ants etc are part of the outdoors so be forewarned. If you cant handle that then get a hotel, this is not the place for you. The campgrounds are mostly all open with no shade but I believe with some hiking you can get into the more remote camp sites if available.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We dry camped with our travel trailer at a site right on the lake. The campground is pretty standard for a state park. The fishing is great. We stayed in the Witcher's Cove area which is a long drive from the main camping area. That had it's plusses and minusses. Relatively few other campers close by but it was 20-30 minutes to get to the nearest store. We might return for the fishing but that we be the only reason to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

To all of you who complained about bugs and wind, please keep this in mind: YOU ARE CAMPING! You shouldn't expect perfect weather. You shouldn't expect the bugs to leave you alone. I have never seen a mosquito at the mile in the 10 years I have been camping there. If you are looking for perfect weather, go to California. If you are looking for good fishing and a fun outdoors experience, head to the mile. Now for my review. I have camped the most at the North Shore sites. There is no electricity, but they offer a marvelous view of the lake and access to the lake from your campsite. The North Shore offers excellent pike fishing at some of the beaches. There are certain sites that have rocks that provide shelter from the wind. If you bring a trap, you can catch crawdads here as well, to use as bait or to eat. To all of the haters, a camping experience is what you make of it. I would recommend the Mile to anyone I know.

Room Tip: Sites at North Shore are the best
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We spent almost a week in Loop E at Rocky Ridge. We had a walk-in site. With the bear warnings, hauling food and gear was a pain. Facilities were very clean. Hot water in the shower at the Park Office seemed random. For tents, there were a variety of non-walk-in sites on Loop E. I'd recommend calling the office for advice on specific sites before doing an on-line reservation. Another review mentioned wind. We cooked on a Coleman and it was reliably windy from about 4-7 p.m., direction and strength were variable. It died down before sunset

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
saint robert
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Not only did we have to pay the site fee, but also a $10 reservation fee to ensure we had a spot when we arrived, which consitituted another $7 for access to the park. So we reserved a spot, and the next day got some information on the site locations at the park and decided to switch sites (less than 24 hrs later), and the wonderful colorado parks department proceeded to hit us with an additional $6 change fee. This change took them all of 30 seconds to accomplish. Special call out to the rude employee named Jeanie who acted like I was breaching national security or something when I asked if they had to charge the fee, we were new to Colorado and were still figuring things out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011 via mobile

The bugs were awful! Mosquitos and red ants all over the ground. I was out of the car for five minutes and had ants crawling up my legs! We left immediately even after paying over $60 for just 2 nights since they have extra fees online and then a car fee of another $7 a night. There were absolutely no trees I could clearly see and hear the people camping next to us. This is not how Colorado camping should be!

• Stayed July 2011
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This place says it is 43 miles from Colorado Springs, they lie. I clocked it at nearly 55, PLUS when I arrived I had to drive almost 10 more miles around a crappy dirt road to our site. The wind was horrible, the ants and mosqitos didn't seem to mind our deep woods bug spray at all, and the sorry excuse for a restroom was little more than a hole in the ground. No toilet paper the entire three days we were there and the smell was AWFUL! The staff laughed when we complained, but sure wanted their site AND park entry fees which are SEPERATE?! All in all, I could have stayed with my family in a decent motel in Manitou or Woodland Park for about $20 bucks more a night, after you consider the fuel cost and park fees. Mueller is much nicer, stay there or get a room instead of 11 mile...imho.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Eleven Mile State Park Campground? Share your experiences!