“Horseback is the best way!” 5 of 5 stars

U.S. Hwy 24, Lake George, CO
Improve this listing
Columbus, Ohio
21 attraction reviews
“Horseback is the best way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We happened upon the M Lazy C Ranch by accident. My husband saw a sign for public horseback riding along US-24 on our way back to our rental house and decided to stop. He signed us all up for a 2-hour ride on our last full day in Colorado! What a fantastic experience!

Our guide was Erin and she was very friendly and helpful! We initially added a tip for her before the ride, but she did such a fantastic job that my husband added another $20 after the ride.

My older son (10 years old) got to ride Ruben (a mule) and that was a novel experience. He was unsure how he felt about it until I explained to him that he would have the most surefooted mount of us all. I rode Logan, my husband and daughter rode Squirt (a draft horse), and my younger son (7 years old) rode Sunny. Sunny was the only hiccup in the ride as he is 24 years old and didn't want to be bothered to ride, he just wanted to eat grass. Eventually our guide, Erin, had to grab his lead rope and just pull him along for the ride... LOL

Long story short, this was an exceptional way to end our vacation and I highly recommend!!!

Visited July 2012

10 attraction reviews
“Very Nice facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

My family of over 20 people went to the chuckwagon dinner. It was very nice. They let the kids ride on the horses at no charge. We went on a hay ride. There was lots of activities for kids- my 6 and 8 year old loved it! There was a live cowboy "band" and lots of interaction with the crowd. We plan on going back every year. And by the way- the food was GREAT!

Visited September 2010