“Great food without Boulder crowds!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bistro 503

Bistro 503
400 W South Boulder Rd #2400, Lafayette Plaza, Lafayette, CO 80026 (Formerly 503 International Cafe)
(720) 583-2596
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 79 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish, Salvadoran, Minority Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Boulder, Colorado
“Great food without Boulder crowds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

It's definitely difficult to find but also definitely worth the effort! Friendly staff and creative, yummy food. Grilled Caesar salad is really special and it's huge. Full bar.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food. Very limited menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

3 scallops $25. Wine $10 glass food was excellent. Prices like boulder and ambiance and service not good

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Heerenveen, The Netherlands
“You'll be glad you came!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

No trip to the Boulder area would be complete without a visit to the 503 Café. I do not live in CO but I visit family here and while this was my first visit to the restaurant, some of the people in our party come here as often as they can. I now see why.

The service was great... friendly and very attentive to our needs. The food was outstanding... such a beautiful presentation and so deliscious. I had the scallop special and they were excellent. The sauce was so good. My sister had the chicken marsala and I have to say, it was to die for! I have seriously never tasted any chicken marsala quite like that. It's what I WILL have next visit. Others in our party had the salmon, another great choice, and a breaded chicken dish that was also excellent.

The breafkast menu looked very interesting and I would love to try it! I can't extend my stay this visit but yes, next time!!

The new location is not only a great to start to revitalizing downtown Lafayette, but also a huge step up from the old location. It seats perhaps double the number of diners and the outside terrace is a wonderful option with CO weather being so nice.

I loved my visit to this place and will definitly go back. I wish the owners tremendous success... they seem truly greatful for our visit, an attitude you don't always see in today's society. Until the next visit!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Hidden jewel !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I had the scallops special which was some of the best scallops I have eaten in Colorado. GF had crab cakes Benedict which she really enjoyed. The owner was our waiter and very attentive. Wide variety menu, breakfast, lunch or dinner. They also have outdoor seating which we enjoyed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boulder, Colorado
“Very interesting menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The 503 has just opened in their new location in the Jax shopping center off of S. Boulder Road. We had breakfast there this morning and really enjoyed the experience. The new place is a big step up from the old location, great ambiance. We had eggs Benedict and the plantains and beans. Both dishes were well prepared and very different from the run of the miil selections most places have. The coffee was great as was the prompt and friendly service. We are planning to have dinner there in the near future.

Visited June 2013