“An unexpected treat” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bistro 503
400 W South Boulder Rd #2400, The restaurant moved to South Boulder Road! New location, reopening soon!, Lafayette, CO 80026 (Formerly 503 International Cafe)
(720) 583-2596
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“An unexpected treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This restaurant is small and unassuming. But the food is wonderful and sophisticated. I recommend this place without hesitation. Do your self a favor, try this restaurant!

• Visited March 2013

85% Recommend
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I love this restaurant. I've been twice and its been very good both times. Prices are reasonable, you feel like you're paying for the food,, not real estate or trappings. Cozy and friendly atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boulder, CO
“Delicious international cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Salvadoran label is misleading, as there's a little bit of many cuisines here. Although limited, the menu is complete, with small plates, salads, and entrees at a great value, and featured 5 specials the night we were there. On our last visit, the chef himself waited on our party, and gave complete descriptions of the many specials. The brussell sprouts appetizer will change your mind about this vegetable, as it did for me. Pistachio crusted salmon was perfectly prepared; the grilled caesar salad a pleasant change from the usual, and I enjoyed the crab cake appetizer as an entree - great hint of spiceness to this favorite. The only off note was the wine recommendation, which didn't meet our party's expectations, but we were given a substantial discount on the bottle. And I'd suggest losing the big screen TV over the bar. An enjoyable Girls' Night Out.

As many other reviewers have noted, 503 Cafe is a delicious surprise in an unassuming storefront in downtown Lafayette.

• Visited January 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Tuxedo Food in a Jeans Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We are frequent customers to 503 International Cafe. We have never been disappointed in the food or the service. It is always fresh and delicious and the prices are more than reasonable. We would encourage anyone in the area to try this restaurant. They are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You won't be disappointed!!

• Visited February 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Exquisite flavors and careful preparation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Unbelievable. Having broken out of the Boulder bubble, I could not be more impressed. In my opinion, the best dining in Boulder can be found at John's. 503 Cafe is worth the drive to Lafayette, as every flavor is extraordinary, and the closest Boulder restaurant I can liken it to is John's. When my dining companion asked the chef/owner what the best dish was, he went back to the kitchen, and came back to the table to offer a seafood stew better than any bouillabaisse I have had the good fortune to consume. We also had the filet with risotto (super tasty) and the chicken piccata. The grilled artichoke with Dijon mustard aioli was better than many I have had in the Bay Area. The wining pairing, which the owner recommended, was lovely. Total bill for four was a pleasant surprise. We cannot wait to go back, and are looking forward to brunch!

• Visited February 2013