“Nice stay in La Veta” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Veta Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Veta
La Veta Inn
You added La Veta Inn to your Saves list
103 West Ryus Avenue, La Veta, CO 81055   |
Ranked #4 of 6 La Veta B&B and Inns
Denver
“Nice stay in La Veta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed for a night in the luxury suite at the La Veta Inn. The staff was pleasant. The room was clean and very large. The windows were pretty old. The room was quite warm and it was only late March. We opened the windows and it cooled off. I think that in the summer that room might be too hot. For such a large room the bath is quite small with just a shower. It was fine with us and we understand that it is an older building and that is part of the charm. We do have the same complaint as several other reviewers, there were only two towels. The suite has a queen and king bed in it so I doubt that many people would rent it with only two in their party. We had to run down just before showering to get more towels. Overall the stay was nice and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a friend's wedding. The rooms were clean and comfortable, all the staff was helpful, and it was located right in the middle of a quiet town. Lots to see and explore! Make sure to take a drink out by the fire in the evening. It's a great way to get to know some of the other guests!

• Stayed June 2012
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great soft bed. Friendly people. Superb coffee and margaritas. I forgot my voucher and they took care of getting the information they needed from Travelzoo.I let them choose my room. We got a spacious bath and a cool view of sunrise on the Spanish Peaks.

Room Tip: I let them choose my room. We got a spacious bath and a cool view of sunrise on the Spanish Peaks.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Weston,CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just got back from two night at the La Veta Inn..while I had stayed there numerous times previously, I had never been there in early March. My husband was at home ill, so my girlfriend from Las Vegas, NV and I decided to take advantage of a Fox 21 special and spend two nights there with a day trip to Westcliffe...we had a wonderful time, even though we were the only guests during the midweek..fabulous staff..fabulous food..and just had a wonderful all around time..Thank you La Veta Inn staff..Scott, Dave, Chris, Janelle, Wes and Gabriel..(if I left anyone out I totally apologize!)..Going back in April for Hubby's birthday..really was grand, if a lil strange being the only guests...lol Thank Ya'll..

Room Tip: The rustic suite in room 16 is great! I had stayed there previously..just need to be taller then me...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Pueblo, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Bought a Groupon voucher. Thought...an hour from our home, just a nice weekend getway. Well it turned out to be a great surprise!! Wonderfully designed room, comfortable bed and great food. The town was quiet and laid-back. Everyone is soooo friendly. The food at the Inn was fabulous from the bar to the dining room. Will go back again when we need a quiet do nothing weekend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Great staff. Great price. Great experience! Our group has visited twice and we loved it just as much as the first time. We will be back again and again. We recommend the food at the hotel and you must visit the Bakery next door. Everyone is nice and it's a great place! Go go go!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We just got back from a birthday trip for Husband, that was a Groupon redemption. Ours was Room #5, said to be haunted -- but honestly, all we noticed was that the room seemed chillier than usual at times. (The staff had fun telling us about hearing footsteps and voices downstairs now and then, as well.) Beautiful art, a comfortable bed with feather pillows and mattress. (The bathroom was okay - but don't expect high velocity water in the shower. Water's at a premium in Colorado.) Yes, the inn was charming, and we enjoyed the history mixed in with the many pieces of art. Even better, though, were a staff who were honestly interested in what we needed, and went far out of their way to provide it. (Case in point: the inn was actually closed today - Tuesday - when we checked out. But the chef, who lives on premises, made us breakfast anyways, including a bowl of creamy, cheese-topped grits, studded with green chilies, that the boss had actually made for personal use. Incredible.) The surroundings were peaceful, and we got a much-needed rest. (Warning: no tv in the rooms, but there are several downstairs in the bar area, including a large-screen for football/basketball.) The food was delicious - fresh ingredients, done with care and preparation in an elegant gourmet style. (Morning coffee -- free, by the way -- was excellent!) And the Inn is only a short trip from Colorado's main thoroughfare: I-25. You'll love this place.

Room Tip: Ask for Rooms 5 or 19, if you enjoy the pique of a "haunted spot;" there are plenty of oth...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Veta Inn? Share your experiences!