“Average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Alpine Slopes Lodge

Save Saved
You added Alpine Slopes Lodge to your Saves list
Alpine Slopes Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hwy 6 & Rasor Dr, Keystone, CO 80435 (Formerly Arapahoe Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Keystone
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Needed a cheap place to stay while moving to Keystone. Alpine Slopes was the cheapest on Expedia in Keystone. It was clean, and had an AC unit in the room. The website said complimentary breakfast which was bagels, toast, and oatmeal.. Wasn't much but it was something. The staff wasn't too friendly and acted like we were a bother anytime we needed something, but everyone has bad days I guess. The lodge is more like an old hotel, but for the price it's hard to beat in Keystone.

Stayed August 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I made reservation based on price and promise of good quality bed. I will return based on SERVICE, cleanliness and charm. The heart of the excellent service is provided by Tom the general manager. When my daughter locked the key in our car, Tom drove us to Dillon to attend a wedding. (Even found the location, despite fact that we had wrong address.) We took bus back and were dropped off right in front of hotel. Bagels and cream cheese were enjoyed by daughter. I enjoyed the Asian sculpture and moose head in the lobby. Jacuzzi small clean and perfect way to ease into great nights sleep on those comfortable beds.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Olomouc, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This accommodation was the best on our 21 days trip. Very friendly staff. Very nice and clean rooms. Very nice place to stay, mountains all around you. Very good breakfast with sandwiches. I can absolutely recommend it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I'm not sure what the bad reviews about. I have to assume they were flukes or the reviewers are real snobs. No this is NOT a 5-star hotel. There are not bellhops and attendants kissing your feet. The jacuzzi is small and communal. The rooms are modest. But for the price and location?? This place is great! The customer service was top notch and incredibly helpful. We stayed one night and had such a good sleep and stay that we requested a second night just so we could bum around the area it was so gorgeous. We relaxed in the jacuzzi which was modest but very clean. The breakfast was a tad skimpy...but again... the price for a night in an area like this made it WAY worth it. And they easily could have had nothing to offer at all, yet still had bagels and muffins. They offered to replace all of our sheets and towels but we didn't because we figured it unnessecary to waste water and hassle the service staff who were clearly working constantly.

I work in customer service and the "reservation/travel" field... and I can say that people's standards can often be a bit absurd and paranoid (ID theft??). Everyone can't be pleased. This is a great place for the price. Who spends all their time in the motel anyway?? Colorado is amazing... get out there and enjoy it! A hotel should really only be a place to crash anyway and this motel more than exceeded that purpose. If you want to Ritz you gotta pay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our family reserved two rooms here just to spend the night on our way west. All I wanted was a good night sleep after an international flight into Denver.

Room one, is where things were really gross. While looking for the TV remote (which was never found) my father came across someone's half used tube of Superglide Personal Lubricant and in another drawer someone's shorts. Starting to wonder if the room had actually been cleaned he decided to check if the sheets had indeed been changed. Upon pulling the covers down, one side of the bed had obviously been slept in with an indent and wrinkled sheets along with hairs. He asked the front desk for sheets. The man brought them up and handed them to my dad without an apology nor offering to change the bed.

Regarding room two, we began with the premise that it was clean. Which it looked fine. We quickly discovered there were no towels. That's not a big deal. It can happen but when we opened the couch bed for which we had paid extra, there were food crumbs. No way was my youngest child going to sleep there so we doubled up.

All in all, it was hard to fall asleep wondering if the two remaining beds had clean sheets or not.

The only redeeming quality was that the hotel was quiet.

The next morning we got up, skipped the individually wrapped-in-plastic bagels and headed west to Eagle for breakfast at a diner there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rockford, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The hotel looks nice enough, but I wouldn't trust staying here. I had a reservation for 7/9/2014. Upon walking in around 10:30 pm, the gentleman behind the desk was checking another lady in. I noticed sitting on the desk, in plain view, several pieces of paper that had photocopies of other guest's driver licenses and credit cards. When the attendant went to check me in, he appeared pleasant. Upon checking me in, he asked for my credit card and drivers license. This is typical and was okay with that. He then proceeded to make a copy of my credit and driver's license. When I inquired with him what he was doing he told me that it was for any incidentals. Like if I ordered a movie or messed up the room. I explained to him that that made me feel a little uncomfortable. He told me this was hotel policy. I questioned him in regards to the liability of keeping my personal information in this format. He again told me this was hotel policy and that I didn't have to stay there if I didn't want to. I was tired at the time and really just wanted to go to sleep, but, I was really uncomfortable with this situation. I pried a little further, not trying to aggravate the gentleman, but I really didn't want my info on photocopied pieces of paper lying around. He then told me that he didn't have to let me stay there. At that stage I was just going to let it be. I turned around and walked out feeling pretty frustrated. I went to my car to get my luggage and as I came back in, I went to the desk and expressed to him, very nicely, that I was the customer and all I was doing was expressing my concern with how my personal information was being stored. I felt then, as I do now, that I had that right, especially given what happens in this day and age. After telling him this, he became agitated with me and told me again he didn't have to allow me to stay there. At this point I didn't want to stay there anymore. I told him to cancel the reservation. He gave me my photocopied paperwork back. I asked him to put on the paperwork that the reservation was cancelled and to sign and date it. He refused. I asked him who the general manager was. He told me it was him. I told him I wanted to speak to his boss the next business day. He informed me that that would never happen. He was being overly snotty at this stage. I never once raised my voice to this gentleman. I never said one derogatory thing towards him and he was treating me with little to no respect. As I turned to walk out I told him, "You know, you're being a real jerk." He replied to me, "You're a jerk!" STAY AWAY!!! I went to another hotel down the street and got a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Cramlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

A beautiful hotel in beautiful surroundings with a lovely restaurant next door. We were greeted by a very pleasant gentleman who showed us the pictures in the foyer and told us the stories that went with them. Very interesting. There is 24 hour coffee/tea/hot chocolate and cold drinks at the reception. The jacuzzi was terrific. Very good breakfast. Mainly bagels BUT what a choice. Gorgeous. Loved our stay there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Alpine Slopes Lodge? Share your experiences!