“Dirty sheets and more” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Alpine Slopes Lodge

You added Alpine Slopes Lodge to your Saves list
Alpine Slopes Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hwy 6 & Rasor Dr, Keystone, CO 80435 (Formerly Arapahoe Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Keystone
Geneva, Switzerland
“Dirty sheets and more”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our family reserved two rooms here just to spend the night on our way west. All I wanted was a good night sleep after an international flight into Denver.

Room one, is where things were really gross. While looking for the TV remote (which was never found) my father came across someone's half used tube of Superglide Personal Lubricant and in another drawer someone's shorts. Starting to wonder if the room had actually been cleaned he decided to check if the sheets had indeed been changed. Upon pulling the covers down, one side of the bed had obviously been slept in with an indent and wrinkled sheets along with hairs. He asked the front desk for sheets. The man brought them up and handed them to my dad without an apology nor offering to change the bed.

Regarding room two, we began with the premise that it was clean. Which it looked fine. We quickly discovered there were no towels. That's not a big deal. It can happen but when we opened the couch bed for which we had paid extra, there were food crumbs. No way was my youngest child going to sleep there so we doubled up.

All in all, it was hard to fall asleep wondering if the two remaining beds had clean sheets or not.

The only redeeming quality was that the hotel was quiet.

The next morning we got up, skipped the individually wrapped-in-plastic bagels and headed west to Eagle for breakfast at a diner there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Rockford, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The hotel looks nice enough, but I wouldn't trust staying here. I had a reservation for 7/9/2014. Upon walking in around 10:30 pm, the gentleman behind the desk was checking another lady in. I noticed sitting on the desk, in plain view, several pieces of paper that had photocopies of other guest's driver licenses and credit cards. When the attendant went to check me in, he appeared pleasant. Upon checking me in, he asked for my credit card and drivers license. This is typical and was okay with that. He then proceeded to make a copy of my credit and driver's license. When I inquired with him what he was doing he told me that it was for any incidentals. Like if I ordered a movie or messed up the room. I explained to him that that made me feel a little uncomfortable. He told me this was hotel policy. I questioned him in regards to the liability of keeping my personal information in this format. He again told me this was hotel policy and that I didn't have to stay there if I didn't want to. I was tired at the time and really just wanted to go to sleep, but, I was really uncomfortable with this situation. I pried a little further, not trying to aggravate the gentleman, but I really didn't want my info on photocopied pieces of paper lying around. He then told me that he didn't have to let me stay there. At that stage I was just going to let it be. I turned around and walked out feeling pretty frustrated. I went to my car to get my luggage and as I came back in, I went to the desk and expressed to him, very nicely, that I was the customer and all I was doing was expressing my concern with how my personal information was being stored. I felt then, as I do now, that I had that right, especially given what happens in this day and age. After telling him this, he became agitated with me and told me again he didn't have to allow me to stay there. At this point I didn't want to stay there anymore. I told him to cancel the reservation. He gave me my photocopied paperwork back. I asked him to put on the paperwork that the reservation was cancelled and to sign and date it. He refused. I asked him who the general manager was. He told me it was him. I told him I wanted to speak to his boss the next business day. He informed me that that would never happen. He was being overly snotty at this stage. I never once raised my voice to this gentleman. I never said one derogatory thing towards him and he was treating me with little to no respect. As I turned to walk out I told him, "You know, you're being a real jerk." He replied to me, "You're a jerk!" STAY AWAY!!! I went to another hotel down the street and got a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Cramlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

A beautiful hotel in beautiful surroundings with a lovely restaurant next door. We were greeted by a very pleasant gentleman who showed us the pictures in the foyer and told us the stories that went with them. Very interesting. There is 24 hour coffee/tea/hot chocolate and cold drinks at the reception. The jacuzzi was terrific. Very good breakfast. Mainly bagels BUT what a choice. Gorgeous. Loved our stay there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Denton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I wanted to make a quick trip to Arapahoe Basin with my son to ski and we needed a place to stay for 3 nights--nothing fancy needed. I found positive reviews on the Alpine Slopes Lodge and even after the high rankings it exceeded my expectations. Tom greeted us and was always very kind, polite, and full of knowledge about the area. His passion for what he does is the difference in this property and others. It is a simple hotel, nothing fancy, but it is clean and well run. Great location too!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed at Alpine Slopes for 3 nights and was warmly welcomed by Tom on our arrival. The rooms were comfortable and it was great having a Microwave and Fridge. The location was perfect as we were skiing at three locations Loveland, A-Basin, and Copper Mountain. Each location was about a 10 minute drive (my favourite was Loveland - simply incredible terrain and challenging runs). There was a great Pizza across the street called Pizza 101.

Breakfast was perfect with waffles, raison toast, orange juice, coffee, cream cheese etc. and was available from 7:00 AM. Really nice touch on the hotel and it was nice to sit with the Moose in the waiting room.

Room was clean, large screen TV and internet worked well. Very quiet no noise to speak of - great spot at a great price. Overall it was just a really nice memorable experience and Tom was very kind and friendly which always makes a huge difference when you are travelling.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Evergreen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Spent a night here while skiing Breck and Keystone. Location is right at Keystone. Price was a bargain. Comfortable room and plenty of parking. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Tom recommended a nearby restaurant that perfectly met our desires. Hot tub and Wi-Fi. Recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This place is reasonably priced and right across the street from the slopes. The rooms are clean, equipped with a microwave/fridge, they have a continental breakfast in the mornings in the lobby. A block down (walking distance) you have ski rental places, a Mexican restaurant/bar, Subway, and a convenience store. Also free Wi-fi, cannot beat the price in this area, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Alpine Slopes Lodge? Share your experiences!