I've stayed at the Springs twice now so I thought I should write a review. The first stay was several years ago, and it was a first floor unit adjacent to the hot tubs and pool. Amazing! This time none of those were available so we stayed on the 4th floor in unit 8880, facing Hunki Dori Road. Both units were pretty similiar with a few key differences:
1) the bed in 8880 was HORRIBLE! The bed was hard as a rock and it was very, very uncomfortable to sleep on. After a long day of skiing a soft, comfy bed is what you want.
2) the TV was not hung over the fireplace, it was in a cabinet in the dining area. This isn't a huge deal, but when you sit on the couch to watch the TV you have to crane your neck to the left to see the TV.
3) the heating/cooling unit didn't appear to work. It was set on 59 degrees when we arrived and it was very hot & stuffy. We tried to mess with it and it was always hot in there, so we ended up having to open some windows.
Other than that everything was pretty much the same. Pretty nice decor, a little dated maybe but it was just fine. I appreciated that they had some Starbucks coffee, salt/pepper, paper towels, dishwashing supplies, etc. Full kitchen with all the basics including a blender. The noise wasn't a problem at all, pretty quiet actually so that was nice. I also enjoyed the heat lamp in the bathroom. It's the little things!
As far as location in Keystone, you cannot beat this very short walk to the Gondola as well as the rest of River Run village. We will stay here again next time, just maybe try to find a condo with a more comfortable bed. Very friendly for kids with the large heated pool with slides.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Springs Lodge Condominiums are located in the heart of River Run Village at Keystone with direct access to the gondola, shops and restaurants. The complex offers a beautiful outdoor heated pool complete with slide and kiddie pool as well as two outdoor hot tubs. The pool and hot tub facilities are open year round and are the nicest in the River Run area. The Springs Lodge also boasts a beautiful common area lobby with seating, waterfall and pool table. A movie theatre room and kids playroom are also located off of the lobby area. A fitness room, steam room and sauna are also available to guests. Walk to the slopes and entertainment from this facility and enjoy everything Keystone has to offer. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Resortquest The Springs Hotel Keystone