“Willows on the lakeside. Great location! Outdated condo.” 3 of 5 stars

You added Lakeside Village to your Saves list
Lakeside Village
US Hwy 6, Keystone, CO 80435   |
Westminster, Colorado
“Willows on the lakeside. Great location! Outdated condo.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

If you visit Keystone Colorado and stay in the Willows, you'll love the location. This is one of the hub areas for activities and nightlife. It’s also a short walk to the conference center accessed by a tunnel that runs under the main road.
Units at the Willows have windows/porch opening up to a small lake. Paddleboats can be seen in the summer and it’s open for ice skating in the winter. I stayed this summer. Kids can feed GIANT trout from the shore and the ducks are quite friendly. Mtn. bikes are available where you rent the paddleboats along with an arcade and a small bar for parents who just want to hang out. You can also use sand volleyball nets nearby or just sit outside and soak up the sun at one of the lakeside restaurants.
The unit itself looked like a throwback from the 70s. Artwork, window dressings and kitchen were very outdated. Bottom line, if you’re spending most of your time outside. No big deal. If you’re hanging out inside… Consider an upgrade.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Evergreen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed at the Decatur Condos in Lakeside Village. We had a 1 Bedroom Condo with a Murphy Bed for the kids. The Condo had floor to Ceiling sliding glass doors which overlooked the Ski hill, a small but fully equiped kitchen, and had been recently updated. It was a short walk to the lake where there was skating, and short less than 5 min bus ride to the lifts. An indoor pool with a hot tub, and saune was across the parking lot. We will defintly stay here again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed here for 8 days in Sept. 2010. This is of course not a very popular time to stay at Lakeside but we wanted some peace & quiet and wanted to get out of NYC for a bit. The location, biking, hiking and lake are really great. Loved the little balcony we had in our room as well. Staff was friendly. Negatives: everything on site at Lakeside closed at about 6pm or so and the only place to have dinner there is at the steakhouse restaurant (had average food). Nothing to do in the evenings at all, the lake was not lit up so we could barely come out for a walk in the evenings.... the resort does not cater very well to fall/late summer travelers because it was really like a ghost town when we went. If we were to return, it would be in the winter when I guess they get most of their business. However, I would recommend keeping the deli open a bit past 6pm. We came by to have lunch a few times at 3:30pm and they were already closed! We had ice cream for lunch that day. A bit disappointing. I recommend staying there for 2-3 days in the summertime.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Proximity to the Conference Center was the primary reason I chose the Lakeside Condominiums at Keystone. Traveling alone, I selected a studio condo and was quite pleased at the size and amenities. The unit in the Mall building (directly behind Keystone Lodge) was nicely renovated and the kitchen was stocked with everything I needed to prepare my meals, all in good working order. The gas fireplace was delightful. The owner of this unit had furnished it nicely but not as I would have expected: with a large (but comfortable!) bed instead of a sofa bed or murphy bed, so that the sleeping space in this unit could be not converted to a living space outside of sleeping hours. Location was superb: steps away from the spa, convenient to the conference center across the street, and within walking distance of a small grocery store (not much of a selection, but you can buy adequate food items to cook and eat). Housekeeping came in once/day to make the bed and empty the trash: this is one of the very few places that actually didn't replace the towels when I hung them back up to make it clear that they could save water and not launder them every day (they also provided recycling bags). Excellent, free wireless internet. It was quiet, pleasant and good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

I booked the ski free stay free package at Lakeside Village Condominiums - it's basically "buy 2 days of lodging and skiing and get the 3rd day free". Sounds good! But, when I got there I found out that my reservation was only for lodging. I showed them the confirmation that I have a ski free and stay free package - the lady at the front desk was nice but she wanted me to call the reservations the next day. The next day I had to argue with the customer care representative for at least an hour before he'd agree that it's their mistake . First , they tried to tell me that my confirmation does not include lift tickets, later tried to make me buy lift tickets at a reduced price. I decided I was not going to give in until I get what was due. I finally got the lift tickets but I didn't think it was necessary to leave me hanging ,especially when the mistake was on their part.

Other than that, the studio condominium was awesome with great views. The fireplace was perfect, kitchen was complete, bed was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Kerstin_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Lakeside Village, responded to this review, December 28, 2010
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that the issue regarding your reservation was not resolved in a timeline which met your expectations. Reviewing your reservation, it seems that you booked on-line and although you booked the Buy Two Get Three Ski Free Stay Free Package, a technical glitch completed the reservation without actually attaching the lift tickets to your reservation. Although your confirmation reflected the lift tickets, neither the lift tickets nor the associated cost were reflected on your final reservation total which led to some confusion when you called into the reservations office. Of course, this was through no fault of your own and again, I apologize for the time it took to research the root issue with this reservation and provide resolution; which was to issue the lift tickets at no additional cost. I agree that this resolution should have occurred as soon as you faxed your confirmation to reservations and I apologize for the inconvenience. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and hope you were able to enjoy the great early season ski conditions. I do hope you will consider staying with us again and consider purchasing the Ski Free Stay Free package, at 33% off, it is one of the best lift and lodging packages available.
Please contact Keystone's Lead (Supervisor) Desk at (970) 496-4134 of you have any other concerns regarding this reservation or if you would like their assistance booking a package in the future.
Stevens Point, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

The amenities were great and the view of the lake was wonderful. The only problem was not having enough time to enjoy all the outdoor activities that are available. I would recommend this destination and location for any business or leisure traveler.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Fort Collins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

We booked our reservation in a 2 bed/2 bath condo and when we arrived we were surprised by the size of the place! The living area, kitchen and dining room were open concept which made it nice for socializing. Both bedrooms were large and the master had a great bathroom attached. The best features were the large window in the living room that opened all the way for a beautiful view of the mountains, as well as the fireplace which we used in the evening. Had we known this place was so awesome, we would have booked it for longer. We will definitely be back again

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Lakeside Village? Share your experiences!