“The Best of the Best, TRUE Ski-In/Ski-Out!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lone Eagle Condos at River Run Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keystone
Lone Eagle Condos at River Run Village
Save Saved
You added Lone Eagle Condos at River Run Village to your Saves list
US Hwy 6, Keystone, CO 80435   |
“The Best of the Best, TRUE Ski-In/Ski-Out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I've skied at almost all of the fantastic places I Colorado, always supposedly staying in ski-in/ski-out places. LoneEagle is a truly one-of-a-kind place. Going back next week just to get a few more days of skiing I and of course staying at Lone Eagle. It is more expensive than others but Totally Worth It!

• Stayed March 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Grapevine, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Location, location, location..... The rest needs a bit of work. Unit 3029 is very dated and in need of maintenance. The 1st thing we noticed was that the glass my daughter was drinking from had a chip on the rim.... No big deal. But the list gets longer.

The ice maker doesn't work, the bed in the master was very uncomfortable, the towels were torn, the glass shower door in the master was didnt close correclty and as a result chipping, the humidifiers were missing parts, clothes bar in the master closet was broken, and a few more minor things.

All in all these were minor items and did not change the fact we had a great time in Keystone.... But for $350+ per night one would expect better.

In managements defense, when I called to inform them of the issues, they sent someone over to make repairs... But honestly, they should make repairs on their time not mine.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This property is located just next to the ski slope near River Run, along the Snake River. The overall property was quite nice, including the amenities such as the heated outdoor pool and spa. The bedding was not up the what one would expect of a property of this caliber: the beds were hard and stiff, similar to what one would find in an older Holiday Inn. The living room area was comfortable, and the kitchen is modern and well equipped.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have mixed feelings about Lone Eagle Condos. There are good things and not-so-good things about our room - 3011. My gripes include the cleanliness of the room, the lighting, and the kitchen supplies. The living room carpet had popcorn crumbs and we had not eaten popcorn yet. We called the front desk and asked to have our room cleaned and they did so for no charge. The extra blankets were not clean and the bedspread was not clean. There was dust on the end tables. That may seem petty to point out, and I wasn't walking around with a magnifying glass or white gloves, but I noticed dust bunnies when I put something on the tables. The bedroom lighting was horrible. We could only see during the day if we opened our blinds. Again, I'm not trying to be petty, but I couldn't see into the drawers or my suitcase. The kitchen supplies were very minimal. There were no scissors, which we actually needed a few times.

The things I liked: The location (obviously). You can ski to the Summit Express lift or the River Run Gondola. You can also take a very short walk (less than 5 minutes) to River Run Village, where there are plenty of restaurants and shops. Every restaurant we went to was good: Luigi's Pasta House, Wolf Rock Steakhouse, Spoon Cafe, and Pizza on the Run. There is also a Starbuck's. The hot tub and pool at Lone Eagles are nice. (and busy.) The room is spacious and the kitchen appliances are nice - full size refrigerator, 6-burner gas stove, etc. The bathroom showers had nice tile, plenty of space, and plenty of towels. The bathrooms were clean. Parking was easy. We didn't use our car until the fourth day when we wanted to go eat at The Mint in Dillon. The ski lockers were great.

Overall, it was a good experience. The issues I complain about are easily fixed. And I think Keystone is a wonderful ski resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We booked a condo at Lone Eagle on the reccomendation of friends. We were very pleased. We could watch our kids ski down the slope. It is truly a ski in ski out. It was very convenient to bring the little one to ski school every day.

When our sink started to leak, we called maintenance and they were repairing it in a flash. I can't say enough good things. We will be back

• Stayed February 2013
Central Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Our experience of Lone Eagle #3008 is one I hope others can learn from.

The Lone Eagle building is right by the piste and the main gondola at River Run - location really couldn't be better. The building is in very good condition and parking is easy.

The agent forgot to mention that one of the bedrooms is suitable only for children as it has bunk beds. We were travelling with my mother-in-law in her mid 70s so this really didn't work. The other bed was tiny too - the smallest I have ever seen in the US. Looking around it was clear that all of the fixtures and fittings are extremely tired. The televisions are CRT ones dating back to the 90s - HDMI to plug in my iPad as promised I don't think so. Bedside lights and bedside table completely non existent in one room and only one light in the other. And the place didn't smell very fresh either.

This particular unit is up for sale and I really hope that someone lavishes a little care and attention on it. The funniest moment of all was finding the visitor book with many pages ripped out. All of the bad reviews had been removed - there were plenty based on the missing pages.

We suffered one night in the place and to their credit the property managers moved us to another condo - Arapahoe #8123 - and refunded us the $150 per night difference. The contrast of moving into a place where the owners clearly look after the property and feel some obligation to provide a pleasant experience for guests is noticeable.

If you do want to stay in Lone Eagle ask for one of the units looking out onto the main slope and check that it is in good condition. Don't under any circumstances accept the story that 'we can't guarantee a particular property'. If they can't guarantee something then do not part with your cash.

Changing from this unpleasant condo turned our holiday from horror to pleasure. It was genuinely so bad that we thought about renting somewhere else even if we couldn't get our money back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Huntley, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our family of four stayed in a one-bedroom unit. We found the refrigerator's ice maker and water dispenser was broken, but we survived without it. We encountered exceptionally friendly people wherever we went. We met a family who has stayed there 13 years in a row at Thanksgiving. I know why. The pool/hot tub was top notch, and a great place to hang out and watch the evening skiers. The kitchen was full of everything I needed to make Thanksgiving dinner for my family. The location is also great, but since we were first-time skiers, it wasn't really the place for us. The ski in ski out is incredible, but you have to be able to ski well to really take advantage of this amenity. Overall, we had a great Thanksgiving there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the mountain. The rooms on higher levels are better, as well. Great view...