“Wonderful Mountain Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Penstemon Road
Description: Refined comfort food served in an idyllic setting, Keystone Ranch Restaurant is a AAA Four Diamond™ rated restaurant, a Wine Spectator DiRoNa winner, and ranked as a top restaurant in Colorado by the prestigious Zagat Survey.
Wayzata, Minnesota, United States
“Wonderful Mountain Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our waiter, Everett, did a nice nice job taking care of us. Menu has something good for everyone. The foie gras appetizer is always a winner! Grand Marnier souffle is the best part of the meal, served in the fireplace living room. This is wonderful venue for a special meal.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Keystone, Colorado
“Forgot Desert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Reserved for Christmas night and had the 4 course fixed price menu + appetizer. My pacific red fish was sautéed perfectly ,but had a distinctly "fishy" smell . I had to preorder the desert (soufflé ) to be ready for serving in the parlor / fireplace room after dinner.

After waiting 20 minutes in the parlor room ,I asked about our deserts, and found they had been completely forgotten ! The server and manager apologized and took the appetizer off our bill, and provided a substitute desert for me and the original desert for my wife.

Both problems, I feel were due to an unusually busy holiday night,and this experience was a real anomaly, especially for the service/server who is usually excellent.

As for the smelly fish, which tasted OK, I think that it may have been frozen/thawed which many times comes thru with an undesired odor. With the reputation of the Ranch , I think this is a bad choice of fish which is disappointing.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The food was not properly prepared. My wife had to send her steak back to have it brought to the wellness she requested. My duck was supposed to be "crispy" as per the menu, but it was soft and very under done. My spinach was over salted and generally the meals should have been better for the price. The ricotta dessert was tasty, but it should have come with a magnifying glass to see the serving.

Visited August 2013
“The Ranch -- A Great Final Meal in the Mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We saved our last meal in the mountains for the Ranch. Having been to Alpenglow the year before, we decided to go to the ranch. We went early, so we were seated at a table with a great view. The service was attentive. The food fabulous from the appetizer -- an amazing tasting of local favorites. The barley soup was hearty and filling and would be great after a day of skiing. It was great even when one has been skiing.The entrees were prepared perfectly and as others have commented...the dessert course was to die for. We were escorted to the fireplace room and sank into the chairs and enjoyed the final course. It was a nice way to treat ourselves before heading home to the midwest.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wichita, Kansas
“Not as good as I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was really looking forward to trying out this restuaunt since I had heard such great things about it and read some of the reviews. I got to try the NY strip steak and it good but I have had much better. The wine selection and desert options were great. The crem brule was to die for. I just expected to wowed and I only felt it was just ok.

• Visited June 2013