“Very Much Enjoyed the Keystone Lodge & Spa” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22101 US Highway 6, PO Box 38, Keystone, CO 80435   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Keystone
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Very Much Enjoyed the Keystone Lodge & Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights in late February and this was our first visit to the Keystone Lodge & Spa. I would strongly recommend it!

We booked a loft room which was on the 6th (top) floor where I would imagine they all are. Nice views of the mountain. The room was clean and well appointed. A small fridge would have been nice. The loft seemed like a good idea, but navigating the spiral stair case with luggage and after a long day of skiing (and having to deal with it at night for a bathroom trip) had its issues. But it was something different and I am sure, gave us some extra room. I was a little disappointed that there was not a fireplace in the room.

The staff are terrific. They were very friendly from the valet guys to the front desk staff. They gave us the "lay of the land" in just a few minutes, so we had a good understanding of the shuttle system, spa and restaurants.

We planned on driving to the Gondola at River Run each day, but there is both a public shuttle and a private shuttle. LJ drove us directly to the Gondola and gave us passes that let us "cut" in line which was great on the Saturday after the first big snow in weeks. We called the hotel for our return trip and had to wait all of 2 minutes to get picked up at the same place.

As for the spa, my wife and I had a 50 minute couples massage. The Spa was very nicely appointed and my wife loved her session, although mine was just ok. It was a little pricey at $345 (with tip) for the both of us.

The outdoor pool and hot tub area were a little "urban/sterile" for us. We prefer a quieter ambiance for a hot tub and although we had swimsuits ready, we did not venture out there.

We did not eat at the restaurant, but we did have cocktails later on a Saturday night after dinner out. A good crowd and a guy with a guitar for entertainment.

We ordered coffee via room service every morning with fast delivery. Ice was just down the hall.

Unless you want a ski in/ski out place, you can't do much better when you are in Keystone.

Room Tip: The Lobby is on the 5th floor, so views are better the higher you go. Try the loft room only if you...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed at the Lodge and Spa for a ski weekend with the family and will definitely be going back. Our family skis primarily Keystone and we have just about run the gamut of places (see other reviews) and the Lodge is at the top of our list. Little items such as complimentary valet parking and larger than typical rooms made our visit very enjoyable. Having a nice bar (Tenderfoot Lounge) and cafe for breakfast made everything very convenient.

The Lodge is right on the lake and requires a quick shuttle service to go to River Run or Mtn House.

Stayed February 2015
Scarborough, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was our 4th stay at the Keystone lodge. Great location, nice amenities and positive people. Close to Keystone (they have a free shuttle and you can skip the line at the Gondola at River Run). We had a car (free valet parking) and used it to go to Beaver Creek, Breck and Copper on the days we didn't ski Keystone. Quick and excellent breakfast downstairs a the deli, back to your room to boot up and off you go for the day!
Nice outdoor pool and hot tub too!

Room Tip: The lobby is on the 5th floor which is where you enter. We have stayed in a double Queen room (1st...
Cuernavaca, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in a double bedroom and had enough space to accommodate a family with two children. The hotel is in the resort property and very close to the slopes. A courtesy shuttle takes you to the River Run gondola in less than five minutes, including the waiting period from the time you ask for it! They have cozy bar and restaurant with a staff always willing to help. Everyone at the front desk and concierge were helpful, knowledgeable and always received us with a smile and a warm welcome greeting. I should remark that the housing keeping staff were also very warm helpful and mindful of our times and needs, please share our gratitude with them. We also went around the lodge area to the souvenir store, to the skating rink, swimming pool and restaurant. Everything was perfect well kept and the staff always willing to help, we have no complaints and all members of the family felt comfortable and welcomed. Perhaps there was one small detail that could be considered for improvement, our room in the first floor have an old control for the heating unit and it didn't reach above 70F, which we thought it was a bit cold. It was handled promptly and we got a small heater for those extra two or three degrees missing, but it would be better in it got upgraded to a modern heat control.

Room Tip: Floors have a single elevator for access, lower numbered rooms are closest to elevator. Ours was far...
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a clean freak and very picky. Usually when I check into a hotel, I end up going back to the front desk immediately with a complaint or asking to be changed to another room.
Trust me this is the hotel to choose.
Everything was excellent above and beyond.
I'm so thankful I did my research and choose this hotel. They did not let me down and the food in the restaurants are above excellent!
The shuttle serve is always no more then a five minute wait and well worth not having to drive or park.
The people are so friendly and helpful, it was like being in another world.
Lets not forget the housekeeping staff. Excellent job on their part. Always the room was clean and ready for our return back to the hotel.
I have no regrets and no complaints at all!
Also I would like to thank the hotel for the complimentary humidifier and fans that are in the rooms.
I did not expect the perfect view or the balcony, that was an added treat!
Also the complimentary water system they have going is fabulous, I would have preferred paper cups but I appreciate their green effort and trust that the glasses provided where clean.
We actually had two adjoining rooms, where told at the time of reservation that they would try their best but could not promise so it was a nice surprise to see they had this arranged for us.
When you go be sure to check out the pool and hot tub, the set up is fantastic!
I love this place!!

Room Tip: We loved staying on the firth floor because it is the level the lobby is on and easy access to get t...
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was shocked when I got my bill to see that I had a mysterious charge called Custom Package for $16.92. I contacted the Resort and found it was for travel insurance. I supposedly had to opt out
of this unasked for travel insurance to avoid it even though I did not ask for it and it was not shown clearly labeled on the reservation confirmation as travel insurance. I personally think this is a
highly unusual practice, when I have booked travel insurance it was always a separate choice and I sought it myself. I warn others booking at this resort which is now part of Vail Resorts to make sure each item is clearly labeled and they really do want it. I live 2 hours away. I am disappointed.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed here one night after our condo was up and it was great. Pool was nice and clean, the view from our room was stunning. We stayed in a loft and there was plenty of room for us and our two children. Would be great if they had a fridge in the room.

• Stayed February 2015

Been to Keystone Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!