“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Keystone
Fort Morgan, Colorado, United States
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The staff was so accommodating and pleasant during our entire stay -especially Mallika who deserves reward for her helpfulness, attitude, and overall demeanor. In fact, she is the reason we decided to book another vacation in August at this lodge!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The valet, the front desk employees, the spa lady, and all of the people we encountered were polite, helpful and professional. We were greeted with a smile and they were all willing to help us with our requests. I really enjoyed their attitude and professionalism.

We purchased our stay on Groupon for a great price. On the day we checked in, I called to add a roll away bed to our room. The front desk ladies (Ann & ??) were very helpful and discussed the different room options with me. We decided to change our room to a king loft with a river view on the 6th floor. Our kids loved it! The only down side was that the pullout couch was incredibly uncomfortable. The roll away bed was very comfy! The upstairs king was incredible.

We had mentioned when we checked in that we were celebrating my daughter's friends 16th birthday and if they could recommend a fun restaurant. We proceeded to ride the shuttle (very nice!!!) to the river area to eat a nice dinner by the river. What a surprise when we returned! Waiting in our room was a tray of warm cookies, 2 glasses of milk, a sweet note, and a lovely bouquet of flowers as a birthday surprise. They also noticed we were chilling our water bottles and cokes in the sink with ice. They had a mini frig delivered to our room without us asking for one.

The kids really enjoyed the lake and paddle boats, feeding the fish and ducks, and exploring the river area. We all enjoyed the pool and hot tub in the evening. Wish the pool had been a little warmer. Eating breakfast by the lake was such a nice treat for Father's Day. Just beautiful!!!

We asked for a late check out so we could enjoy the lake activities and the shopping for a little longer.
Thank you for the wonderful memories!

Room Tip: 5th and 6th floors have wonderful views of the river and grounds. We stayed on the far south end on...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We booked the Keystone Lodge & Spa for an end of season ski break to Arapahoe Basin. An online sale gave fantastic value for money given the comfortable rooms and guest service. A special mention goes to the guys on the door who were always happy to drive us up to the basin. See you next season.....

• Stayed April 2013
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We arrived late at night at the tail end of a snowstorm and received such a warm welcome! The lady at the desk found food for us and upgraded our room to a loft. It was wonderful to have a separate seating area! I didn't really use the 'spa' services, but I enjoyed the outdoor pool and the hot tub. The resort shuttle took us to the nordic and downhill ski areas, so getting around wasn't really a problem. I'd love to go back and try the downhill skiing - our friends really enjoyed it. We took a snow shoe trip at the top of the lift and the views were spectacular!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fort Collins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I got an awesome special on expedia for Keystone Lodge and Spa and had an absolutely wonderful stay. The staff were super knowledgeable about the best deals on the resort, and nothing was too difficult. The spa and pool were a fabulous way to relax after being on the slopes so make sure you pack your swimmers when you stay here. We had a room with double queen on the bottom floor which had a great spacious bathroom. Everything was clean and well maintained. If you need advice regarding ski hire and good runs make sure you ask Luke or Justin. The valet service was excellent and I really appreciated the shuttle service to get about.

Room Tip: I would probably ask for a room with a balcony next time and away from any room ending in #01 which...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We just returned from our first family ski tip and stayed at the Keystone Lodge and SPA (3/31 – 4/5). We had such a great trip and highly recommend the Lodge for anyone, but especially for families. As a single parent of four young children (7-10) the kids ski free under 12 program was key to my decision to take a vacation to Keystone. We skied 4 days and saved $900 in lift tickets – that’s unbelievable no matter how you look at it. We skied about 5 hours each day and felt no pressure to stay all day and get our money’s worth. I’m giving the Lodge high marks for the following reasons 1) price – our rate the last week of the season was $150 – wow. 2) Lodge Shuttle Bus to Gondola (not to be confused with the Keystone Shuttle Bus you use at other properties and the Lake side condos). Here is how it works – walk down stairs tell them you want to ski – sit for 2-5 minutes and then shuttle (really a Tahoe truck I think) and they take you to within 20 feet of the Gondola); when you are done skiing you ask the ski check kids you want to go back – sit for 5 minutes and they come and get you. 3) Free Ski check at the Gondola – free and super convenient – for a week we never carried our skis more than 20 feet. That is so nice when your kids are too small to carry them far. 3) Pool – my kids love pools. It was the clincher in choosing the Lodge. The pool and hot tub set up at the lodge is very smartly done. You even get access to the sauna and steam room at the spa. 4) Staff friendliness – really, really good. Those are the big reasons why we recommend the Lodge. But there were other smaller things such as complementary roller bed and mini fridge; super convenient and free valet parking; a nice and clean room. We also enjoyed the Bighorn Steakhouse one night and played cards in the lounge several nights. The staff pushed together two large leather couches for us to sit on while we dealt the cards in front of the fire place. On our last night they treated my children to ice cream. A few other thoughts on Keystone, we found most of the Blue ski runs to be doable – just a bit harder than the green runs. Try Spring Dipper first it’s the easiest Blue run. The towns of Dillon, Frisco and Breckenridge are an easy short and beautiful drive. Going back to Denver we took Loveland pass –it was spectacular. Oh and about the room views. They views from the Lodge are great by Chicago standards (ha) but not “great” for the area. The views from the Lakeside condos are in my opinion great and a high floor is better than a low floor. I got the view I wanted – of the pool. We got are fill of views the other 10 hours a day we were out and about.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Starting with the valet to the front desk employees; all of the people we encountered were polite, helpful and professional. Greeted us with a smile and willing to help us with whatever we needed. I really enjoyed their attitude and professionalism. But the hotel was not worth the cost.

To give you an idea of my pool of knowledge, I’ve traveled extensively nationally and internationally for the past 25 years for work. I’ve stayed in more hotels, motels and military base lodging than I care to count. And my review is based off my experiences.

Before any type of discount, the rooms at Keystone Lodge and Spa were almost $400 a night. At that cost, you should expect something more than a roadside discounted hotel accommodations. So, what do you get for $400 a night? The desk clerk was kind enough to give us a room with their better views. Their version of better views was overlooking a road with views of a hillside (not mountainside) and a stream. If you lean over the balcony, 300 yards to the left you can barely see a small portion of one of Keystone’s run. The bathroom was tiled with nice fixtures but so cramped that the sink was turn sideways to give enough room to walk in. The room had fresh paint but was nothing better than a basic military base lodging room. There was no fridge or upgrades as one would expect for the cost.

In my opinion and for what you get, the rooms at the Keystone Lodge and Spa should be priced $125 to $225 per night. That would be a fair price for where the hotel is located and the accommodations.

I should have taken the clue when checking in. The guy before me was refusing his room and canceling his reservation. I did not hear the reason why because I gave him his privacy, but now I can see why.

I absolutely hate giving a bad review, BUT I use user’s reviews to make my decision for family vacations. I wish someone before me had given an honest review so I would have been better informed.

Despite the negative review, the employees were awesome, and the common areas were nice. I just did not believe it was worth the cost.

Room Tip: You're 300 + yards to one of Keystone lifts. And you are limited to a small glimpse of one of Ke...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Keystone Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!