“Consistently fun” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Consistently fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have stayed at the Keystone lodge & spa twice in the past 3 months and will probably go back before ski season is over. It is clean, modern amenities and cozy. The bell men and valet guys are great. Front desk staff isn't overly friendly but they are not at all rude. The ice skating on the frozen lake behind the lodge is so fun. Room service is good. It's worth being a shuttle ride from the slopes. Also we love the availability of the resort Escalade - they'll taxi you wherever you want to go for dinner! Tip the staff - they deserve it!

Room Tip: We have stayed in multiple rooms on multiple levels and they are all equal. Level 5 is the lobby and...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Franktown, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

After contemplating the lack of new snow in the snow report on the day we were driving to Keystone, I decided to forego my afternoon of skiing and book an appointment for a message at the Keystone Lodge Spa. My wife had already booked an appointment for that day for herself we were both going to get treatments.

I skied to Mountain Haus and jumped on the central shuttle and was delivered to the Keystone Lodge in no time. The valet's helped me with my skis and I made my way to the spa.

Once I arrived at the spa Emily at the desk was very helpful in assisting me, and I was led back to the locker rooms after a tour of the facility. The initial impression of the facilities was very favorable.

The mens locker room facilities were nice. I took a shower and then went through the meditation room to the pool/sauna are which is a shared facility that can also be accessed by hotels guests as well.

The jacuzzi was full of people so I opted to sit in the steam room for a few minutes to get warm. I wasn't really impressed with the steam room as the door didn't seal and the steam didn't come on frequently enough to keep the room temperature where it needed to be.

I left the steam room and went back into the meditation room where I waited for my masseuse. She arrived prompt and was professional and led me back to my treatment room. She gave me a 50 minute massage and it was very relaxing, it is amazing how fast those 50 minutes go. She applied the right amount of pressure and worked on areas of my back which had been giving me problems. After the message she met me at the door with water, grapes and a hot towel and let me back to the meditation room where I met my wife.

In summary I found the spa a great way to spend the afternoon if the snow conditions aren't optimal. I had a great experience at the spa and the only detraction was the sub optimized steam room and shared pool facilities, but the spa experience was excellent.

Niceville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

What a fantastic experience I had with my three children skiing over MLK weekend while staying at the Lodge. The valet service was exceptional and fast. Individuals were all friendly and a source of needed information on travel routes, delays, alternate transporation available and best timing for travel. The beds were AMAZING. The spa with sauna, steam room, hot tub x2 and heated pool especially nice after a long day (and night) skiing at Keystone and Vail. Didn't even get a chance to use the free coupon for cross country skiing and skating since we were so tired after skiing, but next time we'll stay MUCH longer at this resort.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor near the spa entrance--VERY convenient. Better views on the 6th floor...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed here from 11-18 Jan 2013 for a skiing break.

We found the hotel very welcoming and the staff were consistently friendly and helpful. The room was fine, cleaned well every day. Yes the rooms' did not have a fridge, but this was not a problem as it was -26C outside - everything on our balcony was kept frozen!!

The spa, hot tub and pool are all great.

Dinning opportunities in the Keystone area could be considered limited but we frequented the Lounge at Keystone Lodge several times. The food was great and the staff very attentive and friendly.

The Ski resort is great, River Run Village is approx 1.5miles but with regular shuttles this is easily accessible. The resort was quiet due to the very cold weather as was ideal and it warmed up the last two days.

We had a great time and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family has been coming to Keystone for the past few years. The first couple of years, my wife tried the Keystone Spa since she prefers to ski half days and relax the other half. I also visited to work out. After two years, we stopped going. The spa locker room was often dirty as was the workout equipment. The management wasn't what we expected from our experiences at other spas and resorts. We decided to give it another try this year and were honestly surprised at the changes. The staff was wonderful, even remembering us from day to day. My wife said the facial, manicure and massage was among the best she had gotten anywhere. The manager (I think he is a new manager) came out of his office and welcomed us. The workout room was clean. What a difference! Kuddos, Keystone. We'll definitely be back next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is a nice mid-level place..the service is ok..but it kind of ends at the frontdesk..bellman and valet service is nice , too. Don't expect any type of roomservice or additional items brought to your room..we waited for our ropes for 30 min and then gave up..There is a restaurant and bar in the lower floor which is actually very nice and kids-friendly. They have actually eatable kids items and they are a great deal. Exceptional value , when you bring 2 or 3 kids. When you skip the drinks you can actually walk out there for less than 100 bucks for the whole family after some nice food. That is pretty rare in the I-70 area.
Here the main cons..I was about to give the place 4 star...first of all it was built in the 70ties and looks like it hasn't gotten any major upgrades since ( except spa ). The spa/pool area is nice but not really relaxing because it is too cramped for the traffic. It is not ski-in ski out and 1 mile away from the slopes. Here the main con...we stayed in a 2 level loft room. It was very tight with a tight circular staircase and upper level. My daughter and I both slipped on the stairs and bruised ourselves. The railing upstairs is very dangerous. The poles have 8 inch distance ( I measured ) and violate current building code. My 5 year old could easily slip through them an fall down 10 feet. We secured them with sofa pillows and asked the kids with limited success to stay downstairs. These cramped 2 level unites have other disadvantages as well...they have 2 nice 40+ inch flat screen TVs - however - the sound reflects so well that it is impossible to have them both on at the same time. The bathroom is a tight tube as well..the sink is about half the size of an average hotel room sink. So this whole "loft" design is basically not working and avoid, if you can. I don't know , how the other rooms are.

Room Tip: avoid 2 level lofts
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

this hotel has toruble handling busy times.. we found this out recently over New Years .. our room wasnt ready on check in and the front desk was going to call us when the room was ready - that never happened - we asked for 2 days in a row for a new humidifer , that was a chore in itself.. the bill was wrong - be sure to double check the bill on check -out.. and the front desk was far from helpful .. the worst of all -was medication we left in the room on the night table......... apparently too much work for anyone to call us .. the next hotel we went onto in Colorado went out of their way to help us with this - think twice on this one............ they need some serious work on their customer service and how to treat the paying customer

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Keystone Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!