“So nice we've stayed here twice!” 4 of 5 stars

Keystone Lodge & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22101 US Highway 6, PO Box 38, Keystone, CO 80435   |
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Keystone
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“So nice we've stayed here twice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

We have stayed at the Keystone Lodge back in December 2006 for 7 nights and liked it so much we booked it for another week for Christmas this year in 2007. I am a mom of 2 kids that takes her kids skiing every year because dad doesn't want to go skiing so I need a hotel that will take care of us.

Keystone Lodge isn't the newest hotel in town. It's older and renovated, but has a charm about it that makes it cozy and nice. I feel comfortable here and my kids really like it. Every Christmas they have a chocolate display in their lobby that they go crazy over. It's a whole ski village done in chocolate including a working train, waterfall, moving tree and presents that attracts visitors from all over. My kids just can't get enough of this so they had to come back this year and see this again.

We just loved our loft suite here. I think they only have 14 of them. They have these spiral staircases that go up in the middle of them giving us some privacy between the kids and me.

One disappointment this year is they removed the really large spa hot tub in the back to make way for the spa renovations. Now that great hot tub is gone that the kids loved and we had to go use the outdoor hot tub. So for a few days we used the outdoor hot tub because the indoor one was too hot for kids so we had to walk over slippery ice to get to it. But then, after a few days they closed it due to some problems and it was closed over Christmas...their busiest time. A big drag.

My kids were also playing in the indoor/outdoor pool area and one of the spa attendents had to ask them to not be so noisy because they were doing spa treatments in the back. I understand but this is holiday break and there are tons of kids playing and it was a bad design to put these new spa treatment areas so close to the pool.

Restaurant service was good, but a bit slow during this busy period. Try to ask for Vernon the waiter during the winter season during breakfast and at the Bighorn Steakhouse. What a nice guy and a great personality. He learned my kids names and this is the second season we've seen him here....he lives in Ohio. Great guy. Always enthusiastic and took good care of us.

Housekeeping is a bit late each day coming late after noon although this could be due to the busy season. Love the nighttime turndown service and the treats by the bed.

I have a recommendation for management: Please have housekeeping leave fresh water bottles everyday...even if you charge us! Such an inconvenience to go buy water everyday...so just provide it and I'll pay for it later if I drink it. You do it for the first two bottles.

If you ever need to wash your clothes, there is a secret labrynth that you will have to follow to find the washer/dryer and you will have to be escorted. It is very hard and it's not worth it. It's down near the underground parking and it's really for the condo guests. I learned last year just to pack more than enough clothes and bring woolite to wash in the sink!

Oh yes, I have my luggage FEDEXed here every year and this hotel is fabulous about storing it and last year it was even waiting in the room for me at check in.

Shuttle service is great. It's really worth it to save the money on a ski in/ski out hotel and this hotel really is down the street from the slopes.

Stayed December 2007

262 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2007

Stayed at the Keystone Lodge this past October (2007). The biggest issue we had was dealing with altitude (being from the East Coast). Staff members encountered were friendly and helpful - though a bit youthful. Late Fall is "off-season", so we did not expect the best of the best. However, all-in-all we got excellent service, from the cleaning staff, to desk clerks to the local pubs and pizza joint. Again, since it was off season, the restaurants didn't always stay open as long as we would have liked. But the tradeoff was worth it, if you prefer not dealing with the ski crowds. We even used the Health Services for a bad case of sinus coupled with altitude (treated very well there also, and we are both healthcare employees ourselves - so we can tell good from bad). The hotel staff made sure we knew how to get to the Health Center , very close by and easy to find. The kicker was that they let us use the Volvo C70, which can also be reserved for outings, for FREE! Continental Divide was about 30 mins. or so down the road - easy to get to and awesome. Unless the staff changes radically during high season, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
US
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

First of all, the staff couldn't even give me proper direction to a hard-to-find condo. After an hour, I finally found the place, without the help of the unfriendly employees.
I left a very expensive suit here (and a coat). And knew exactly where I left it in the closet. However, they just couldn't seem to find anything, and proceeded to really give me a real run-around. They knew no one else had stayed in the condo after me, and therefore the only people in there would have been their own employees. Aside from reporting it to the police there is nothing else I can do. Don't support a business that has dishonest employees.
For the price, I would expect service to be better...take your business elsewhere...

• Disliked — Crappy service from a dishonest business
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
KeystoneLodgeGM, General Manager at Keystone Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, December 11, 2007
In response to the review titled "Dishonest Thieves. Do NOT stay here!!!!!!!! ---I would like to note that the reviewer very clearly stated in her review that "...the staff couldn't even give me proper direction to a hard-to-find condo. After an hour, I finally found the place, without the help of the unfriendly employees."

The Keystone Lodge & Spa does not have any condos as part of the hotel. It is apparent that the reviewer has confused the Keystone Lodge & Spa with one of the 1,400 possible condominiums within Keystone Resort that she may have stayed at. The fact that it took "...an hour" to find her condo reinforces this fact.

The Keystone Lodge & Spa is a 152 room AAA 4-diamond hotel and we have just finished a multi-million dollar renovation of our new Rock Resorts Spa which re-opened this past November. All of our employees are trained to not only be courteous and helpful to all guests, but to exceed their expectations at every opportunity.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to the Keystone Lodge & Spa soon.

Stephan Nicolas - General Manager

Been to Keystone Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!