“Great time had by all!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Buffalo Lodge at River Run Village to your Saves list
Buffalo Lodge at River Run Village
2.5 of 5 Lodge   |   150 Dercum Square, P.O. Box 8456, Keystone, CO 80435   |
Mauldin, South Carolina
“Great time had by all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stay at the Buffalo Lodge for five days and found our one bedroom unit to be perfect for the two of us, not sure it would work that well for more people. Clean confortable and everything in working order. Great central location and only a short distance to the ski lifts. Although the unit had a ski locker, we found it more convenient to store skis at the storage facility across from main gondola only $5 per night... beats carrying skis and poles. This was our first time to Keystone and we loved everything about it... we will be back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
KC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

So when you pay roughly $120 a night for a 1bdrm ski in/out condo during peak ski season your expectations aren’t very high, however we were pleasantly surprised with this lodge and our unit #8340. Everything was clean and for the most part working. The ski locker on the first floor and underground parking were great! Our condo was also equipped with 2 large flat screen TV’s with cable and a gas fireplace. What more could you ask for? The walk to the gondola was one of the easiest we’ve had. The only negatives are what some have already mentioned. The sink in the bathroom was very inconvenient; hit me at about my waist with a shelf hanging over it. It can get pretty noisy since it’s right near the common area. The bed was really hard. Also, we had possibly one of the first 7-segment LED alarm clocks ever manufactured in our bedroom. The alarm was set and none of the buttons worked, so we unplugged it. All in all I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

This seems to be a resort where one management company owns the whole thing and so once you have arrived there isn't any reason to compete for your business and minimal incentive to provide a good experience.

I stayed here because I was attending a conference, but would never recommend it for a personal vacation.

As a conference goer, I have no need for a condo or a kitchen, but the resort doesn't provide hotel rooms in walking distance to the main lift. So, I booked a studio at River Run. I thought that just meant the bedroom would be in a single room with the living room and a small size kitchen. But the kitchen was large, the living area had a table for six, and the bed was a Murphy style bed that dropped from the wall directly blocking the access to and from the room. I am surprised it isn't a fire code violation because you have to climb over the bed to get to either the main part of the room or the hallway/bathroom entrance. And the bed was rock hard and uncomfortable.

After arriving late at night, I was too exhausted to change rooms until the next morning. All the other available studios also had Murphy beds and as these are condos and the mattresses aren't standardized there was no saying what might have a more or less comfortable bed. I ended up spending an addditional $70 per night to get a 1 bedroom so that I could sleep at night. In the end, my dissatisfaction was their gain.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

I thought the hotel and the room were excellent. Everything was spacious and very clean. The only problem was the bedbugs . . . they were excellent too! Stay away!! Now I know why my parents used to say, "Don't let the bedbugs bite."

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
grand rapids, mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Check in was to be 4:00 pm. Room not made available until 6:00 pm. Assurances of management to the contrary. Not a good situation with small children needing a nap.

No air conditioning in unit. Hallway was refrigerator-like, room hot and stuffy.

Furniture dated. Bed was uncomfortable with terrible pillows.

Not a good value for the price.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Loved the condo. Lots of room for everyone and great location in the heart of River Run.

HOWEVER, there is a VERY LOUD BAR located directly below 2 of the bedrooms. I did not get much sleep because of the noise and would not stay in the area again. Be warned!!.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

We booked this resort because we had vacation points from Disney that we needed to use or lose. I thought if this was a Disney partner that it would be great, well, it wasn't. The room itself was ok, the bed had a decent mattress and the hide-away bed in the couch was a newer one so not too terrible. However, the toilet didn't flush properly and it was obvious the staff knew it because there was not only one but two plungers next to the toilet. My husband said it wasn't vented properly, so it never completely flushed, pretty gross. The water pressure is terrible too so the shower wasn't great either. We were moved to this Lodge, unit 8350, after requesting to be moved from Silver Mill Lodge due to the terrible noise problem. I specifically told the front desk personnel that I wanted a "quiet" room. The place was practically deserted so I don't think there was a problem with finding a room. At one point there were only four cars in our area of the parking garage. However, I was given another room facing the courtyard and for some reason this place is just noisy. Kids ride their scooters on the brick pavers until after 10:00 at night, the staff emptys the trash at 11:00 at night, using a golf cart to do so. Really, the noise level of this place was unbelievable. There was maintenance being done and one morning at 7:00 am I had the pleasure of listening to an entire conversation between two workers at the tops of their voices, not shouting, just very loud. We finally gave up and turned a fan on in our room just to mask all the noise. The other problem we had was that everything just sort of closed down between 4 and 6 PM. Restaurants decided to close whenever they felt like it, due to lack of business I suppose. Summer is definitely not the season for Keystone. We spent most of our time in Breckenridge where there were lots more choices of places to eat and shop. Also, the business office charged $5 for 15 minutes of internet time to print our boarding passes and 10 cents for each page. I thought this should be a courtesy, just my .02. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, but this isn't a place I would stay at again. I'd save myself some time and money and stay in Breckenridge.

• Liked — great views
  • Disliked — noise level
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Buffalo Lodge at River Run Village? Share your experiences!