“Great location, book online for discount” 4 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Houston, Texas
“Great location, book online for discount”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I went with a group to ride Keystone and a couple of us beginner-level boarders needed to rent gear for the two-day trip. Knowing we'd be in a rush to rent (we landed late at night at DIA and pulled up at our lodge at 1 am of our first lift day) our options were to pay higher prices for resort rentals or to rent from a place in town. Great overall ratings and 20% off rental package rate for early reservations landed me with Mountain View Sports. On top of that, a little extra customization: you can knock $4/day off the basic boarding package if you've already got your own boots, which is a nice option that I didn't see listed with other rental places.

The location on Hwy 6 is a breeze to find, nestled within a strip of businesses including the beer, wine, and grocery store. As expected there's a rush in the morning, so I would recommend to get there at store opening if you're picking up day-of and want to maximize your precious time on the lifts, and perhaps even show up a few minutes EARLY on a weekend. We arrived at 8:30 and ran into a queue of people so in-and-out took 45 minutes perhaps, which I'm positive could have been much less if we had beat the rush. The staff is friendly, efficient, and helpful in getting you taken care of - I retrieved the reservation ticket that was printed for my online reservation, tightened up my boots on the benches, went over to the equipment counter and guy working pulled a basic board and measured the length next to me standing up... chin height, check... secure the bindings, try them on, no issues, good to go. They appeared to have equipment for all skill varieties including a board we recognized as a new release for the year.

Easiest return process. Bring back your gear on your last day after you get off the mountain or next day before 9 am. Would rent again.

Visited February 2014

Masaya, Nicaragua
8 attraction reviews
“Great staff / great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Call ahead or make a reservation online and save more than 50% compared to renting at the resort. The staff is really knowledgeable and helpful, and they are open until 9pm (even on the Christmas Eve!).

Definitely recommended!

Visited December 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
14 attraction reviews
“Awesome staff. Will get you set up right.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Rented some cruiser and mountain bikes for a group of 8. Mountain bikes were marginal but functional. Cruisers were perfect. They specialize in road bikes and skis more than cross country or downhill bikes but prices were way better and staff was way easier to work with than other shops I talked to. Cool guys. Recommend giving them business over the resort shops.

Visited August 2013
Tulsa
“A true gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My family and I have been enjoying skiing Keystone for years now(usually 2 or 3 times every year). Unfortunately, its taken us that long to find Mountain View Sports. Thankfully we stayed at SummitCove.com this year and they highly recommended this ski shop and mentioned we get a 25% off discount because we were their guests. What a deal!

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a young blonde fellow (Trent or Trevor?) that I must admit looked like a "typical" boarder. He is proof that you can't judge a book by it's cover. Even though they were extremely busy during the President's Day weekend and us not having a reservation, he told us not to worry and that we were still eligible for the lodging discount.

After filling out our forms, he took us to the boot fitting section and got us in line for our boot fitting. Here, both he and his co-workers went to work finding boots for my family. My wife has always had troubles with finding comfortable boots. After she explained her issues, Trent(?) patiently explained what the most likely cause of her problems were from and how to correct them, which happened to be that she was leaning back in her boots and caused her shins to hurt and that she had most likely been wearing to big of a boot. Trent even went through it all for my entire family on what the proper skiing position is. No ski shop has ever taken the time to explain this to us. This alone helped increase our enjoyment on the slopes. This is especially so for my wife. Even though they were very busy they spent the time and effort with us until we were fitted in the proper fitted boots.

The ski fitting went very smooth. The ski techs were very knowledgeable and questioned us on what type of skiing we were planning on doing and what level of skier we were. They then made some suggestions and picked a suitable ski. I went with the Demo package and was pleasantly surprised by the RTM80 Volkls. What a difference they made!

I only have one little complaint, they didn't have two registers opened up for checkout as the line was a little long, but still pretty efficient considering the circumstances. Over all, it was a very well organized bunch of lads. My kids were pretty mesmerized by the disappearing boots down the "boot shoot" roller system that sent the boots to the ski techs. Very cleaver!

BTW, my wife's shins didn't hurt this time! Thanks to their patience, we had the best trip to Keystone yet! We just got back from our last trip, but this time we skied Arapahoe Basin since Keystone was already closed. With such great snow, why was Keystone closed??? Anyway, we still had the same experience as before with our ski rentals and will highly recommend them to anyone.

Visited February 2013
Parkland, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“1st ski trip with family - good prices, so-so customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our family went to Keystone for spring break in March 2013. It was our first time skiing and some friends recommended renting our equipment outside of the resort to save some money. While the prcing was great we had to return to the store 3 times in 3 days to get our skis properly fitted. Most of the staff were pleasant but there were two people that were very rude, seemed annoyed that we had to return and overall seemed irritated they had to help us. My daughter's binding was not set up properly so the first day of skiing was difficult because one boot kept popping off the ski. After spending so much money on private ski lessons, this was frustrating. The buckles on my boots moved and nobody at the store had explained that this can happen and how to fix it, so the first day we went to ski, the boots were too tight and I could not ski. There is not enough time to go back to the store during the lesson and get this fixed. The second day, my husbands skis kept icing because there was not enough wax on them, the third time my sons binding was not working properly. Overall, it is easier if you rent from the ski schools because any issue they can address right there.

Visited March 2013