“Very good meal” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Chattanooga
“Very good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

We had a very good meal. Both of us thought the taste and value was well worth the cost. The manager was another person who thought that Pinot Grigio and Pinot Gris are "exactly" the same wine. But we worked through that. I would recommend having a meal here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Colorado
“One of the worst meals I've ever eaten, and I'm 51 years old”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

My wife and I decided that a nice seafood dinner would be the perfect ending to a lovely day in Keystone. What we found at the Summit Seafood Company was lousy service and worse food.

When we first arrived at the restaurant, we sat at the bar and had a couple glasses of wine. The bartender expressed some interest in looking at pictures of the resident hummingbirds that I had taken, but as soon as I showed her one on my camera, she disappeared as if I had shown her pictures of a dead body. So much for the bar service.

We went into the restaurant, and were greeted by one of the worst waiters I've ever had. The restaurant wasn't exactly full, but we rarely saw our waiter. The rolls we were served were about the best part of the meal. My wife ordered salmon on penne pasta with a pesto cream sauce, while I decided to have the mahi mahi on mushroom ravioli.

When the entrees finally arrived after about 30 minutes, we were hungry and looking forward to the food. What we got was a total disappointment. The tomato sauce on the mushroom ravioli was entirely too spicy and completely at odds with the soy-sauce based glaze on the mahi. While the mahi and glaze were palatable, they just didn't match the taste of the ravioli sauce, which ranked right up there with bottled pasta sauce with a pile of taco seasoning thrown in for flavor. Bleahhh.

As bad as the mahi was, it was nothing compared to the nightmare that my wife ordered. The salmon was tasteless, obviously frozen and thawed just before cooking. But the worst part of the dish was the sauce for the pasta. It was like a green, tasteless gluey substance coating the penne. I tasted the salmon after my wife declared defeat, and it was much worse than I expected.

The wine was the only good thing about the meal, and the view of Keystone mountain and the hummingbirds flitting past was the only decent thing about the restaurant. We decided to order an after-dinner glass of wine, and when it finally showed up we mentioned to the waiter that we might like to see a dessert menu. When we were able to flag him down about 30 minutes later to get our bill, we told him that we weren't happy that we couldn't look at the dessert menu, but that it was getting too late to eat dessert.

When he brought our bill to the table, he dropped it off with one word -- "Here!" -- and then walked away. Absolutely the worst slacker of a waiter I've ever had.

This was an abysmal meal. I sincerely hope that this place goes out of business, and I really hope that neither my wife nor I get food poisoning from this meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Hyannisport, Massachusetts
“Gourmet dinner by the slopes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

We found this restaurant in the visitors "passport" which included a 10% discount coupon for dinner. I looked on this site and didn't see any reviews. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the Summit Seafood Co. restaurant, located inside the Inn at Keystone hotel, not far from River Run. We arrived late, around 9pm, and there were only two other families dining. This is a fine restaurant! Everything we ate was delicious, from the bread rolls and popcorn shrimp appetizers to the entrees. I ordered the Sole with crab which came with spaghetti squash and diced red potatoes. It was very good, however, the crab stuffing was pretty zesty for someone who doesn't eat picante foods. Others in our group ordered the vegetable medley on a bed of the most delicious risotto. Another plate was the mahi mahi which included a side of mushroom ravioli. (My mouth is still watering) And my younger son, who wasn't feeling well, ate almost the entire large portion of pasta with chicken in marinara sauce. Unfortunately, we were pressed for time and were so full, we could not take advantage of dessert. But, I wish I could have ordered the wild berry cobbler-Next time, if we make it back to Keystone. The presentation of the food was nicely done, and flavors were rampant! The bill for the four of us came to around $100 (no wine) Bottom line: We had a delicious dinner in this pleasant, slope-side restaurant. I hope others do, too.