“Best Way to Celebrate a Birthday!” 5 of 5 stars

Hwy 6, Keystone, CO 80435
(970) 468-4386
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Alpenglow Stube is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Keystone
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Syracuse, New York
“Best Way to Celebrate a Birthday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have wanted to have dinner here for years, but never felt I had that special occasion. This year was the year I turned 60. Eight (8) of us ventured to the top of Keystone one evening to experience one of the best dining experiences we have ever had. You take two separate gondolas to the top and are greeted at the Outpost lodge by the hostess that takes your coat and offers you a pair of slippers. We were immediately seated at our table which was a work of art the way it was set.
Our waiter Bob, was very attentive, we could not have asked for better service. My rack of lamb was delicious and cooked exactly as I ordered it. Everything we ordered was wonderful, wine list is extensive and dessert was yummy. Although I will probably not be returning in the near future, I would if there was the right occasion. If you have not experienced this restaurant and are contemplating eating here, you should.
The ride down was even better than the ride up. By this time it was dark and cold. We were given blankets in the gondola and the view of all the snow cats around the mountain grooming was picturesque.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Impeccable Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

It is amazing the level of service they can provide considering how difficult it is to bring people and provisions this far. We were a group of 11 including kids and everyone loved it. From the children's pasta to the foie gras it was great.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Definitely recommended. I booked it for my parents anniversary. I was able to order for them and prepay over the phone as my parents do not speak good English. Also I requested and they were seated at the best seat, by the fireplace. The staff was so accommodating. Not sure of food quality but my parents were very pleased. Combining the whole package with the location and excellent service this place is worth the price.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food at high altitude”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The food was excellent, and very beautifully presented. careful with the cocktails, the thinner air makes the alcohol hit you harder. My wife, who is afraid of heights, wanted to go to this place so much she was willing to take the gondola ride (sitting on the floor so she did not see the scenery or how high up it was) there and back. And she said it was definitely worth it. If you are in the area, do not miss this.

Visited June 2013
“Unique Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

great dining experience. the gondola ride up in the dark is worth the trip. get a couple of blankets for the way up. food was very good, scallops were excellent as well as the soups. Good portions.

Visited February 2014