“Nice location and good value for all of the amenities” 5 of 5 stars

You added Gateway Mountain Lodge to your Saves list
Gateway Mountain Lodge
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   21966 US Highway 6, East Keystone, Keystone, CO 80435   |
Boulder, Colorado
“Nice location and good value for all of the amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great location in Keystone within walking distance to River Run. We liked the amenities and underground parking will be nice when we come back in the winter. Not many places in the area where you can get this much for your money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I had read some not so great reviews about this place but I was trying to keep my cost down while attending TBEX2012 in Keystone so I went ahead and booked it. I was very happy to find that my room was clean and comfortable! It had a really comfortable king bed, a sitting area with a couch, table and a couple of chairs and had plenty of room to lounge or work in. The bathroom was clean and everything worked. The kitchonette was nice. I didn't cook anything but did use the refridgerator to store leftovers and keep my water cold.

My room was in the main lodge and overlooking the highway so it could be noisy if you left the window open and the air-conditioner was loud, but I just left it off and the window open until I was ready to go to sleep and then closed the window and was fine the rest of the night.

I was within easy walking distance to River Run Village with lots of places to eat or shop. And there was an underground parking garage so I didn't have to leave the rental car outside. Oh, and all the employees that I had contact with were friendly and helpful.

The only things I would suggest for improvement would be a quieter air-conditioner, and when checking in a map showing where my room is in the lodge, the elevators for that section and where the outside doors are that open with your card key.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Got a *great* deal for the money in the summer.

Pluses:

- Swimming pool
- Hot tub
- Wifi
- Washer and dry
- Great water pressure and temperature for showers
- Parking
- Nearby spa

Drawbacks:

- Bland - white walls with characterless trim, furniture, and decorations
- Getting worn - missing and non-functional window cranks, fluffless pillows, etc.
- No A/C - but only mattered one warm day in the summer
- Have to pick up keys down in Dillon rather than directly outside

Summary:

Blandly excels in the essential and does nothing more. If you want utilitarian comfort, this is it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

There are studio, 2BR, 3BR and 4BR units to rent. I stayed in a 4BR. This is not a hotel but rather condominiums for short-term rental. Accordingly, there is no "service". Very roomy, each bedroom has its own bathroom. My unit had two decks on it, with views of the ski hill. Granite countertops in full kitchen, dining room and living room. Close to River Run area and a free shuttle takes you to River Run or Mountain House ski area. The building has a restaurant, pool and hot tub. A lot of amenities like bike trails, gondola to the summit--our family had a great time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jenkintown, PA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Gateway Mountain Lodge, Keystone, CO, one of many condo/hotels under the umbrella of Vail Resorts in Keystone, is a relaxing getaway in the the Colorado mountains. The spacious studio was well equipped with utensils, refrigerator and microwave. The gas fireplace was a nice touch. Keystone/Vail resorts free shuttle service to other venues that included restaurants and activity centers was an excellent addition. Free and fast internet connection made combining business and pleasure a treat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I our recent trip to Keystone we stayed at this lodge. The layout is like a hotel, but it is no hotel. Check-in was a pain, because there are so many rental companies renting units here you have to find the correct check-in location to get your keys. The garage entrance is in the rear of the building so you have to drive around the building. They have the drive on one side marked as one-way, heed that because there are buses that come around the building. This was a bad point at night as well because the buses drive around all night long and don't stop until 2AM. We got to the rear of the building and the key card didn't work to open the garage. We had to go back to the rental office, the person there told us we needed another key. Why didn't the person who checked us in give us both keys... room key and common area key. This common area key opened the garage we were told. So, we went back to the Gateway building drove around the back used the common key card to open the garage door. We found a place to part. Note: There is limited parking available in the garage so be prepared to park outside if the garage is full. Once we got parked there were no luggage cart. To top it off the elevator we needed to take was out of order. There are two elevators, one for the east wing and one for the west wing. Our condo was located in the west wing. We had to haul all of out luggage up three flights of stairs. We finally go in the condo. The inside of the condo was nice, the pool area was nice for the most part, but the hot tub was really dirty so we didn't bother with that. The complex offers free WiFi, but the reception is poor unless your sitting in the hallway on the floor, and the speed wasn't fast at all (1.30Mbps sitting in the hallway with my laptop). I did call the support service for Resort Internet, they guy on the other end of the phone said there was nothing he could do for me, and that was the quality of service provided at the location by the HOA. Service: There is no service, it is an unmanned complex. Value: Your better of staying at the Keystone lodge we were told by locals. Sleep Quality: The bus goes around the building until 2AM, what do you think? Cleanliness: The complex is clean, but a little run down. Location: It is a 10 minute walk to the slopes. You can take the shuttle bus, but why stay here if you can stay at River Run in the heart of the resort. Rooms: The condo was nice, but you can get nice at other locations also. As for the skiing it was great. Keystone is a nice area, but the Gateway complex is a big miss and I would not recommend staying there.

Room Tip: Pets are only allowed if you own a unit at this complex.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Found this property listed side-by-side hotel rooms on a travel website (Orbitz, Expedia, or Travelocity). However, this was nothing like a hotel stay. Interior was tired and lack of maintenance showed (rotten window frame made it unable to close; 1980's TV had static; holes in sheets). Room was not aired out when we arrived which made me wonder if they even changed the sheets. Management staff was poor, telling me different stories about responsibilities of housekeeping after they did not show up two days in a row...3 people, 3 different stories. One person told me I called the wrong number because they do not have a male on staff at that time...what?! Their solution was to bring more towels and sheets and we changed the bed ourselves. After five days the old sheets and towels piled up in bathroom (lovely) and I was told that only if you stay 6 nights do you get a "deluxe" cleaning (how convenient). Also, no front desk to help you with any problems or check you in...I had to drive to 2 other places to find out where to go when I arrived late that evening. No one directed me to the right place or told me this was the case during the reservation process. Moral of the story, I will never stay here (especially for close to $200/night) again and hope you do not either unless you WANT to anger your wife off.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gateway Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!