“Amazing Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ski Tip Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keystone
Ski Tip Lodge
Save Saved
You added Ski Tip Lodge to your Saves list
764 Montezuma Rd., Keystone, CO 80435   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Keystone B&B and Inns
Denver
“Amazing Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have been going to Keystone for years and going to Ski Tip for special occasion dinners. The staff has been there for years and is very good with a unique wine list and fantastic food. I highly recommend this restaurant!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We made a reservation here for a family dinner without knowing the cost. We did enjoy the lovely & historic house and great service. We were very excited to try their food. The food was delicious and we almost finished all ou dishes. My boy even ate all his pork belly & steak. Th highlight of the night is to eat our desserts by fireplace. We enjoyed cozy and warm feeling & looked at the snow outside. Well, only thing is tough for us-is when we saw our bills...we will come again, we just need to save up more money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a unique, cozy Bed & Breakfast in Keystone that my husband and I have fell in love with! We booked our room last minute online when we found out we had an extra day in CO. We also booked dinner reservations through the B&B online. After booking, we realized how expensive dinner was (we were on a budget trip) and probably wouldnt have made them if we had done any research on the price, but we were sure glad we did!

When we arrived, the host informed us that our room was the only room with a shared bath (sharing the bathroom with all of the restraunt guests). She said she usually tells people this before they book the room, but because we did it online she couldnt. We agreed this was not a huge deal as we were only staying one night. We appreciated her telling us this up-front. To be honest, it wasnt bad. The bathroom has a toilet and shower, but you only share the toilet during dinner when outside guests are there. You do not share the shower with anyone else staying there. I just made sure to shower before dinner. I also obviously didnt leave my shower stuff in there.

We stayed in room 4A, which was the last room at the end of the hall by the main back door. This location gets a lot of noise and traffic because of the back door, but all of the guests were respectful of noise during our stay. Understand that the room is very small, with no TV. It is only large enough for a bed and dresser, so you probably will not want to spend a lot of time in the room. The room was very clean and the bed was really comfortable. We absolutely adored the quaintness of this place, but its definitely not for everyone. Also, 4A is the only room that shares the bathroom, so if that bothers you, book a different room.

Prior to dinner, we went to the bar and enjoyed some drinks by their large fire. The snowy scene through the windows made us feel like we were in a movie. Their beer selection was diverse, with both common and uncommon choices. They also had a very large wine menu with varying prices. My husband enjoyed a beer made twice a year by monks in Belgium and I had a nice glass of Cabernet. Definitely cozy and a moment etched in memory forever.

Dinner was absolutely incredible. WORTH. EVERY. PENNY. Its a 5 course meal of sumptuous, local choices. I had vinisen and my husband had lamb (i believe?). Each course was heaven for my taste buds. Our waiter explained every dish in great detail as he served it so we knew exactly what we were eating. We enjoyed desert in the living area by the fire. The chefs there are very talented and everything we ate was delicious.

Breakfast the next morning is definitey better than your average fruit/cereal spread. They had a good selection of fruit, cereal, bagels, toast, etc., but you could also order from the hot menu, which we did. Eggs, french toast, eggplant, veggies. Great selection, great food, service.

We are not people who normally spend a lot of money on food, or anything rather, so we were a little worried we would feel out of place. Definitely not. Everyone made us feel so comfortable at dinner and throughout our stay. Through and through, this place had excellent service and was a very comfortable stay. The staff made us feel like we were at home. Anything we asked for was given immediately. This is a great place for couples or people just wanting to spend some time away from the hustle and bustle. There was a couple there with some teenage children and the kids definitely ruined the mood a bit. Not a place for kids.

Room Tip: Room 4A has a shared bath and is by the back door. I believe all other rooms have their own baths.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here 3/8/13 - 3/10/13 in Keystone for a company sponsored event. A friend suggested the Ski Tip and I had no idea what to expect. When I first arrived I was a little skeptical but ended up really loving the place. In Keystone I've stayed at the Lodge and in the River Run condos, all fine, but Ski Tip was really a place apart. I loved enjoying coffee in the front room looking out at the wonderful view. The bar area with the fireplace is fantastic and the breakfast is simply outstanding. I stayed in room 8 "Max's Manor" and it was comfortable and I enjoyed quiet time there. If you are considering Ski Tip and aren't familiar with it...do your homework on it. As I mentioned, it is rustic and different than anywhere else I've stayed in the area (some rooms you have to share a bathroom and there are no tv's but there is wifi) but I will, some day, go back to experience it again and for a longer period of time. You get the feeling you are away from the hustle of River Run and Mountain House which is good but if you want to be in the middle of that, it's just a short shuttle ride away.

Room Tip: Just be aware to do your homework when checking into Ski Tip, some rooms have to share bathrooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We have been going to the Ski Tip for special occasion meals for many years. We’ve celebrated many anniversaries, birthdays and one memorable Christmas there. In summer we are frequent visitors to wine tastings on the patio. Each time I thought I’d like to stay overnight and this winter we finally did. What a treat! I knew what to expect from the restaurant, wonderful as usual. The lodge was just as great. The staff, thank you Mandi, made it a very special evening for us. Our room was cute and the bedding super cozy. I wanted to move in!

One thing that I did not expect was the value of staying at Ski Tip. If you compare it to any other lodging option at Keystone it is a great deal. Consider that included is tea with cakes and snacks in the afternoon, lovely hot breakfast in the AM, cookies in the cookie jars, free parking and shuttle service at the door, I hate to say bargain since it is not a bargain type atmosphere but let’s just say wow great deal!

Now I want to stay in summer to enjoy the patio and views. It is close enough to walk to River Run but far enough away that you feel removed from things. Very relaxing. Bring a book, slippers and hang out by the fire, we did and it was wonderful. If you want something completely different from a chain/resort experience Ski Tip is it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had a tiny room in a wonderful old building. The core was built in the 1860s. Although small, the rooms were clean and the staff was amazing. We were close to everything and the free shuttle even took us to Breckinridge. Great vacation stay for everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Waynesville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

The staff (and food!) were beyond compare during our recent 5-night ski vacation. Such a welcoming home away from home at the end of an exhausting day on the slopes. A warm drink in front of a roaring fire .... how cozy! And breakfast each morning was amazing!!! We will definitely return!! Don't miss this intimate way to experience time in the beautiful Rockies!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Ski Tip Lodge? Share your experiences!