“President's Day Weekend at Keystone” 4 of 5 stars

You added Dakota Lodge at River Run Village to your Saves list
Dakota Lodge at River Run Village
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   70 River Run Road, Keystone, CO 80435   |
Fort Worth, Texas
“President's Day Weekend at Keystone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2007

We visited Keystone over President's Day weekend this year for our 1st Colorado ski trip, and we all had a great time! All of our skiing has been in the midwest with Marquette Mountain in Marquette, MI being the biggest hill we've skiied prior to this trip. It was my husband and I along with our 2 kids, ages 14 and 12. Both are avid skiiers, but the 14 year old tried snowboarding for the first time through Keystone's ski/snowboard school. The next day, he was going down blue and black runs...I couldn't believe how well he did. By the way, I would definitely recommend booking any lessons on line. We waited about 5 minutes where the people who didn't have reservations probably had AT LEAST a 30 minute wait if not longer.

Anyway, the condo was AWESOME! It was very nicely decorated, had 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms, and we had a view of the ski slopes. We booked it through VRBO, and had a very positive experience. My only complaint is that there wasn't the appropriate cookware in order to prepare a meal for 4. There were 2 small sized frying pans (About the size of 1 grilled cheese sandwich. ) a medium sauce pan. There was a casserole dish, but it had no lid. There was just no way to make a family dinner. Therefore, we brought takeout back to our condo. There were plenty of glasses, plates and silverware though. The outside hot tubs were nice after a hard day of skiing.

As far as Keystone goes, the runs can be challenging. The School Marm isn't hard at all...just long! My husband and I thought we were pretty good skiiers until we got to Colorado. We never encountered moguls until Keystone, and if i never saw one again, it would be too soon :) (The kids thought the moguls were fun) My son and I never got to go night skiing. We wanted to our first night, but they had to close down the lifts by 2pm because the winds were gusting over 80 mph. That stunk, but hey...you can't control the weather. Anyway, we had nice fresh powder the next morning, and since I-70 was closed most of the day before, it wasn't as crowded as we expected. My husband and my daughter went on our last night, and they had a good time. I was just too sore and tired.

One more tip. We rented our skis through Mountain View Sports, and we saved over $100 instead of renting at Keystone. It was just 2 minutes down the road from River Run, and it's right next to a liquor store. Since you gotta go to a Liquor store, you might as well get your skis at the same time :)

All in all, we had a great time. We would definitely go back to Keystone, and we would definitely stay at the Dakota lodge (in River Run village)

Stayed February 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Dakota Lodge at River Run Village? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Dakota Lodge at River Run Village

Address: 70 River Run Road, Keystone, CO 80435
Location: United States > Colorado > Keystone
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #29 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Keystone
Hotel Class:3 star — Dakota Lodge at River Run Village 3*
The Dakota Lodge is located in the heart of River Run Village at Keystone. Steps away from the gondola, restaurants, shops and River Run Village entertainment, The Dakota is the perfect Keystone location. An outdoor heated pool and hot tub is available, open year round with ski area and mountain views. The Dakota also offers pool table access at the neighboring Buffalo Lodge and a fitness center for your enjoyment. The Dakota Lodge at River Run is the perfect Keystone vacation location. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Dakota Lodge at River Run Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Dakota Lodge At River Run Village Hotel Keystone

If you own or manage Dakota Lodge at River Run Village, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.