“Great glade skiing” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding, Cross-country skiing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Extensive terrain covering three mountains offers a wide variety of trails for skiers plus other activities including snowshoeing, tubing, ice skating and snowboarding.
Newton, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
“Great glade skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Keystone has always been one of my favorite Colorado resorts. It's not as crowded or touristy as Breckenridge and, in my opinion has some of the best glade skiing in Colorado. The village has some shopping and restaurants if friends/family aren't in to skiing the whole day, but the mountain has enough types of terrain that every skill level should be pleased.

8 attraction reviews
“Great Family Ski Destination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Spent 4 nights in lovely unit in Red Hawk Lodge a short 2 minute walk from main Gondola from 18-21 Dec13.
This is a great family ski destination with excellent groomed trails on most slopes and some challenging black runs on the back mountain. As per another recent review we loved the long runs, particularly the main 'Schoolmarm' down the front on the mountain for my teenagers who were learning, plus the long blue runs in 'Outback' in the two uncrowded mountains to the rear. It was very cold but still enjoyable as you could catch the Gondola to the top to get warm again. The staff all over the mountain were very friendly and the food at the restaurants of a high standard. Hot chocolate was a favourite!
Only negatives were the high prices and the 20% 'resort' tax on any items in the area on the Keystone side of the main road. Luckily we hired from a great shop at 'Mountain View Plaza' and by chance saved the 20% tax as we were across the road from the resort boundary. Also didn't like the $109 day ticket, which was $104 when we arrived but they arbitrarily put it up on our third day.
Other disappointment was our private lesson for three of us in our family. The instructor was very friendly but gave very little concrete coaching all day. It was just the occasional comment then 'follow me' so at the end of the day we felt like we were not much further ahead than when we started and it was a waste of $679 for our family. My teenage girls were put off by this particularly. I am sure this is just pot luck as other instructors would be better, but a big disappointment for us.

Overall Keystone is a lovely place to ski with great shuttle buses running regularly for free and great skiing, particularly long runs for greens and blues. We will be back although it is a long way from Australia!

Gainesville, Florida
27 attraction reviews
“Best skiing in Colorado IMO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

So I used to go here every year with family although I have not been in a couple years so I may not be the most up to date. I have skied/snowboarded other placed like Vail and Breckenridge and for me Keystone stand far and above the others. There are three mountains that just go back farther away from the entrance. The further back the less people and the more fun you have. There are tons of great long blue trails throughout the three mountains which is probably my favorite aspect of the park. Blacks on the third mountain are typically empty and a fun challenge. Schoolmarm is a super long green on the 1st mountain that is still fun and great for beginners. I broke my leg here once and the rescue service was great, hopefully you won't need that... They have great fast large lifts and gondolas as well! The terrain park is really nice and fun as well.

Visited January 2013
Stuart, Florida
“Not good for beginners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great Ski resort was thought by my advanced skiing friend. As for me and my family- we are all beginners and this resort was not great. There seemed to be only one small learning area and it was at the middle of the mountain and very very small (like for small children). The next slope for beginners is a green but is very long. So for me as a newby...I could handle getting all the way down the mountain. I will definitely be visiting again once I am a little more advanced of a rider.

Cumberland, Maryland
30 attraction reviews
“Excellent Ski Mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was here early in the season and much of the mountain was not open yet. What was open was enjoyable. The gondola is convenient along with multiple high speed quads. I plan on coming back with our ski club. The on mountain restaurant had good variety.