“Best skiing in Colorado IMO” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding, Cross-country skiing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Extensive terrain covering three mountains offers a wide variety of trails for skiers plus other activities including snowshoeing, tubing, ice skating and snowboarding.
Gainesville, Florida
27 attraction reviews
“Best skiing in Colorado IMO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

So I used to go here every year with family although I have not been in a couple years so I may not be the most up to date. I have skied/snowboarded other placed like Vail and Breckenridge and for me Keystone stand far and above the others. There are three mountains that just go back farther away from the entrance. The further back the less people and the more fun you have. There are tons of great long blue trails throughout the three mountains which is probably my favorite aspect of the park. Blacks on the third mountain are typically empty and a fun challenge. Schoolmarm is a super long green on the 1st mountain that is still fun and great for beginners. I broke my leg here once and the rescue service was great, hopefully you won't need that... They have great fast large lifts and gondolas as well! The terrain park is really nice and fun as well.

Visited January 2013

Stuart, Florida
“Not good for beginners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great Ski resort was thought by my advanced skiing friend. As for me and my family- we are all beginners and this resort was not great. There seemed to be only one small learning area and it was at the middle of the mountain and very very small (like for small children). The next slope for beginners is a green but is very long. So for me as a newby...I could handle getting all the way down the mountain. I will definitely be visiting again once I am a little more advanced of a rider.

Visited December 2013
Cumberland, Maryland
30 attraction reviews
“Excellent Ski Mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was here early in the season and much of the mountain was not open yet. What was open was enjoyable. The gondola is convenient along with multiple high speed quads. I plan on coming back with our ski club. The on mountain restaurant had good variety.

Visited December 2013
Denver, Colorado
“A Local's Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Before reading my review, I just want to tell you that I do not work for Keystone or any of the Vail resorts. Okay, now this is what I think of Keystone as a true local.

Out of all the mountains in Colorado, Keystone is my favorite. No one resort can give you these two things at once, gondola to the summit and free parking.

I love the fact that I can take the gondola all the way to the summit, have a cup of hot apple cider at the information booth, and then snowboard all the way down to the bottom of the mountain. And then take off my board, rest my feet and legs during the gondola ride, and do it all over again going down the mountain from a different trail.

Safety is the key to snow sports. Take a look at how many staff members are on duty at any given time. Yes, they are all over the mountain and they are super friendly too.

Parking. Well I am not a fan of Vail's parking, it's expensive. In Breckenridge, you have to pay and take a long gondola ride to the ski area. So if you forget something in your car, then you are out of luck. On the other hand, in Keystone, you can park at the bottom of the mountain for FREE, take a short walk to the gondola, and start to enjoy the snow without the extra steps you have to take just to get to the ski area.

Try once, during a weekday, when you are the only person going down the mountain in Keystone during sunset, and having the beautiful red snow mountain all to yourself... I love Keystone!

Houston, Texas
“Nice to be able to night ski!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We really liked the night skiing. The temperature was not too cold so we could ski in the morning, go to the condo have lunch and rest and ski again until it was night. Only got to test part of the area since everything was not open yet but it was very nice!

Visited November 2013