“Takes customer service to a new height.” 5 of 5 stars

Inn at Keystone
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   US Highway 6, Keystone, CO 80435   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Keystone
Alabama
“Takes customer service to a new height.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

We had four families in our group - eight parents and 7 girls aged 8 - 11, but everything about The Inn @ Keystone made our stay extremely relaxing and rewarding.
The rooms were large and quite nice for the price - similar to a typical hotel. Our family got the spa suite which I highly recommend. The amenties listed the jacuzzi as a two-person tub, so I was expecting a glorified bathtub. WRONG! There was a separate area all together with a spa that could seat four easily. I was very surprised and impressed. The bathroom was a little small, but we didn't have any problems. Any reviews that say the room was overpriced must be considering only the room and nothing else that is included in the charge. I agree, that room for that price in a hotel next to a small town airport would be over priced; however, it's not just the room that you are paying for!
One thing I was extremely grateful for was the silence. Though I saw people in the hall and elevator, I didn't hear anything once in our room - no loud talking outside the door, nobody's TV, nothing.
The hotel is pet-friendly. I did meet a few exceptionally behaved dogs, but never heard or smelled them. There are several good paths around the hotel to take your dog for a walk, so if your furry friend is coming with you, this is the place to be! They even had a bowl of treats at the door.
The location was great; I walked to the Mountain House Base in ski boots without too much discomfort. The complementary lockers in the basement proved to be very convenient for equipment storage.
Parking is free whether you park your car or have it valet parked. Either way, your vehicle is close by.
The breakfast buffet was good and reasonably priced. There was a good selection of fruits and cereals as well as bacon and eggs if you wanted something heavier. We didn't have any other meal there, but the restaurant smells were mouth-watering when we came in each evening. Also, we didn't have a chance to partake of Happy Hour, but the sign said they had it everyday from 5 - 7.
There are two shuttles (free) that run between the hotel and the River Run area. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes on a bus. There are shops and cafes in River Run that you should visit at last once while there (the Irish Creme Latte at Inxpot was out of this world as was their selection of hot teas!). And though another reviewer didn't like the food at the Mexican restaurant across the street, I thought it was very good. They were also very accomodating to our large group. There was a place next to the hotel named Goat's Soup & Whiskey that deserves recognition on name alone. We didn't get to go there, but I really wanted to check it out.
The best thing of our whole experience, though, was the service. EVERYONE went over and above to accomodate our group. I travel quiet often and I can't remember a place where the entire staff was as pleasant and interested in ensuring guests were happy. They allowed us to check out late with no extra charge, made most of the arrangements for ski school for our kids, and even let us use their regular office computers (in addition to the business office) to print out our boarding passes on our day of departure. We were greeted by name and even though our group was large, loud, and unorganized, they never made us feel unwelcome or burdensome. I truly felt like a guest in someone's own home.
Though not directly related to this hotel, I will briefly comment on Keystone in general. This was a very family-friendly place! There is a great supply of runs for every level skier (I guess the blacks are okay. I'm not that good, so I can't really speak to those runs). There are some short and easy greens that are good for training as well as a few long and easy ones that are good for gaining confidence. The blue runs were all very wide and well groomed. There are two other peaks that offer more private blue and black runs, but I didn't make it over there. There is tubing available (that was really fun!) as well as several other areas specific to jumping, racing, or other tricks that I'm way too old to do. Overall, there was the general feeling of respect everywhere. I have been places where snowboarders and better skiers fly past with no regard to others around. That was definitely not the case at Keystone; everyone was mindful of those around. The people in the ticket office were great (one note, for the 2010 season, and maybe more I'm not sure, any child in the 5th or 6th grade can get a free lift pass to any of the area ski resorts! That's a $93/day savings! Just bring a report card or some form of proof of grade) as were the ones at the ski school. All the lift guides and patrol were extremely helpful, and the mountains were beautiful!
In summary, value depends on what you want to do on your ski trip. If skiing is the purpose of your trip, then you can't go wrong staying at The Inn @ Keystone. The accomodations and service make it exceed expectations. If instead, you are more into shopping and spa services, then you might want to go to Breckenridge. There is a abundance of everything there, but as for our group, next year we will probably head right back to The Inn.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

I stayed here 5 nights with a colleague, during a scientific conference.

Our room was nice with two queen beds and the bathroom was neat. We had a beautiful view on the mountain and the pistes (make sure you don't get a room facing the other - very ugly - side). Breakfast is not included, I found it correct with fresh fruits, cereals, excellent tea and juices.

The Mountain Plaza is just accross the street but the mexican restaurant there is really horrible. You can better walk to River Run Village (10min) which is very cute and has a lot of restaurants, bars and shops. From there you can also take the gondola and eat in one of the altitude restaurants.

Concerning the conference center, you can get there walking along a small river, very cute, ask the staff to show you on the map. Alternatively, there are free shuttles during conferences coming every 10min. It's a 5-10min ride.

What I found handy is that you can walk to the pistes (it takes about 2min with normal boots, maybe 5 with ski boots). You can rent your equipment there (and store what you don't need in the lockers) and buy your lift pass. Then you only need to get on the Peru lift that will connect you to all the rest of the Keystone domain (check the trail map on the website).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Innmanagement, Manager at Inn at Keystone, responded to this review, March 1, 2010
Thank you for joining us here at the Inn at Keystone. I'm glad you enjoyed our convenient location to both your conference and the ski slopes! While all of our rooms face the mountains (we are surrounded by them after all) it is true that not all face the ski slopes--I'm glad we were able to accommodate your request.
David Wilcox
Colorado Springs, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

Stay at this hotel for a ski vacation. The place is very accommodating and the staff very friendly and helpful, however their rooms are a bit overpriced. The rooms are small and dated, especially the bathrooms. The parking is very scarce, although they have free valet, actually is not free it is included in the daily resort fee. Knowing what I do know next time I'll stay at Dillon, CO which is only 6 miles away from the ski areas and the hotels are less expensive and more appointed.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

I had some uncertainty about the Inn as the revirews were scattered from 1 to 5, though with a respectable 3.5 star average. It is the only pet friendly place around and we had decided to take our Gokden Retriever with us, so we booked and couldn't have been more pleased. Looking back, a majority of the lowest reviews were older, and I believe the staff/management may have changed.

We arrived early on the first day expecting to leave our luggage, struggle to change somewhere, and head out skiing. Instead we were, without even asking, given a room immediately, which was a great convenience. Our lift ticket vouchers (part of a pakage) were printed promptly and the attendant gave us an abundance of helpful inormation.

Talk about pet friendly! They had treats at the desk. Took a picture to put on the wall along with the couple of other dogs staying at the time, and greeted Karch every time they saw him. Karch gives the place 5 stars for any dogs reading this review.

Other pleasant surprises were underground parking, ski storage,a great restaraunt and lounge and roof top hot tub. We could walk to the mountain house base or take a shutttle to River Run.

The rooms are hotel like so don't expect a large condo. It was clean, roomy enough and a bargain price. If you there to ski and not spend a lot of time in the room it's the best bang for the buck.

We're already scheduled to return. The highlight was the friendlly and entusiatic staff. They could not have been more pleasant or helpful.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

Keystone has lots of condos and very few hotels. The two main hotels are the Inn at Keystone and the Rockresorts hotel. We stayed at the Inn at Keystone for a couple nights and went to the bar and dinner at the Rockresorts hotel. Neither hotel is in River Run which is the main base of the ski mountain. The Inn at Keystone is probably a 5 to 10 minute walk from River Run and the Rockresorts hotel is another couple miles down highway 6.

Which hotel to choose really depends on what you are looking for. They Rockresorts hotel is nicer, newer, more expensive, and signifcantly less convenient to the ski slopes. At the Inn at Keystone, we walked back from River Run twice (once in ski boots). It was a little far to walk in ski boots but not too bad. It was early season otherwise the second mountain base at Mountain House would have been open and it would have been a shorter walk to those lifts.

The hotel itself was fine. Older but in decent shape. There are shuttle buses that take you around Keystone and others that take you into Dillon and Silverthorne.
The pricing was good and the guys that worked at the front counter were very nice and helpful.

It is definitely a good overall hotel and pricing for what you get and I would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We were looking for a place to get away for the weekend with our two dogs and found the "Inn at Keystone" through a dog friendly website referral. We tried to get information from the website about amenities and fees but couldn't. Tried to make reservations on line, but between one page load and the next, the room rate would change from $43 to $143 per night. Tried to call, but were told we'd have to call back because reservations folks were only available between 8 and 5. When I finally called and talked to the overly cutesy and nosey reservations clerk, was asked a lot more personal information than was necessary to get room rate info. Then clerk got really pushy about insisting that he get my last name to hold a room quote. I say if I'm coming up to stay it's nobody's business why, or what I plan to do while I'm there. I really hate the overly familiar chatty style that some businesses have adopted. I am a customer, my name and personal information are not relevant until I decide to make a reservation, but not necessary in order to impart information to me. This is a business transaction we aren't going to be BFF - give me a break!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

Holiday Inn without the air conditioning. Did have free wifi.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Inn at Keystone? Share your experiences!